PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Shot in Wyoming

shagster
04-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Check this story out. Wolf #253 killed the same day it became legal!! What are your thoughts on this? Seems someone knew the opportunity would arise and was just sitting around waiting. I wonder if this person was protecting live stock or anything else, or if he just wanted to shoot the thing!! :ne_nau:

Story is here http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2994073

Beloved

JP
04-03-2008, 02:11 AM
Sure, shoot a cripple :ne_nau:

rooster32
04-03-2008, 09:10 AM
There have been multiple wolves shot so far. At this point they are unsure exactly how many have been shot, since you have 10 days to report the kill.

It won't last long....there are numerous groups in line waiting for the 60 day(or 30?) period to laps in which they can bring suit against the new regulations.

stefan
04-05-2008, 03:52 PM
http://www.mtexpress.com/images/08-03-28Wolf.jpg

First Western wolves shot
Well-known Yellowstone wolf among 4 killed
By JASON KAUFFMAN
Idaho Mountain Express

A wild gray wolf trapped six years ago in Utah and returned to Wyoming was among four wolves killed in the Cowboy State within the first three days of the animals

Gutpiler_Utahn
04-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Can't wait until I get togo up to Wyoming and harvest some wolves for myself. :2thumbs:

Rev. Coyote
04-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Interesting. My post gets deleted. How lame. Apparently it's OK to shoot wolves for cheap blood sport thrills but it's not OK to shoot cows.

As the old girl once said, "Whatever."

parrothead_madness
04-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Shooting cattle is a felony. Please do video it.

Rev. Coyote
04-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Shooting cattle is a felony. Please do video it.

Right-o, Johnny Law, I'll be sure and do that. Sheesh.

Remember: That's TWO cows for ONE wolf. Maybe three cows.

packfish
04-11-2008, 01:35 PM
In the last 2 weeks of March b4 the new open season went into effect the Wildlife service took out 8 wolves and pretty much did that for the last 2 or more years on and off. This isn't going to wipe the wolves out by any means. I have no want to kill a wolf. If it does mess with my live stock I will do what is needed though as I would with a Big cat or bear. Nothing more and nothing less. I do think that the "kill the wolf" mentality is gone a little overborad and a lot of it is just to get a response out of those who want the wolf. It just comes down to the fact that we as humans have messed up the environment and we can't turn back time. The wolf just isn't going to be able to freely roam thru out the west . That's just a fact .

Sombeech
04-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey, whatever makes my Big Mac less expensive, go for it.

shagster
04-14-2008, 06:30 PM
Interesting. My post gets deleted. How lame. Apparently it's OK to shoot wolves for cheap blood sport thrills but it's not OK to shoot cows.

It didn't get deleted it just got moved to the bin. A little off track... :nono:

Rev. Coyote
04-16-2008, 10:53 AM

It didn't get deleted it just got moved to the bin. A little off track... :nono:

So I found.