PDA

View Full Version : Texas students apparently copied parts of BYU honor code

accadacca
03-30-2008, 10:34 PM
I guess they are trying to clean up all of those Texas parties? Who would want to copy BYU's honor code. :haha:

--------------------------------

(KSL News) A Texas school's new honor code that discourages plagiarism copies word-for-word parts of BYU's honor code.

Students who drafted the honor code at the University of Texas at San Antonio apparently failed to credit their sources. BYU, on the other hand, credited the Center for Academic Integrity for its honor code.

The student in charge of San Antonio's version says it was an oversight that will be corrected. But cheating experts say the incident shows how sloppy Internet-era students have become in citing sources pulled from the computer.

Source: ksl.com

jman
03-30-2008, 11:03 PM
haha...that's funny really.

I call this generation or should it be decade (I'm included) the generation of Hypocrisy/hypocrites or Double-standards (more so than ever before)

IE - Senator Spitzer, was honored as a fighter against prositution rings - well, look what happened. Caught up in his own venom.

The Flix Club owner/manager in Orem that would remove questionable (mostly sexual) material from DVDs and rent them out to patrons...was caught having oral sex given to him by two 13 and 14 yr-old girls. Hmm....

A Bishop in the LDS church that would determine "worthiness" of faithful members to get Temple Recommends, and then was caught red-handed having an sexual affair with one of the ladies he was interviewing.

And so on and so on....

I don't know why I'm ranting, sorry I guess I feel strongly about this, but my cynical belief is that everyone lies and deceives to get what they want. There are truthful people out there, but it's getting rare-er.
I work in the medical profession and it's amazing HOW MANY people will lie to husbands/wives/children to protect them their faults in the past (STDs mainly). Like yesterday, this guy comes with this horrible rash by his mouth (which was later to be determined gonorrhea) and told us in secret that he cheated on his wife (this is extrapulated so we can tell his partner) and of course we can't tell the wife this information (patiently confidentiality), but she kept asking us "how a person would contract this" and we would tell her STDs and her husband would instantly reply, "honey I LOVE you...I would never cheat on you."

Anywho...pisses me off, especially when relationships are at stake. If you are single - mess your life up all you want, but if you are married - be strictly honest...and that's coming from a medical perspective. Please.

WOW. End rant.

But this instance is way funny, a COPY of code of ethics. hahah. :roflol:

Sombeech
03-31-2008, 07:59 AM
Like yesterday, this guy comes with this horrible rash by his mouth (which was later to be determined gonorrhea) and told us in secret that he cheated on his wife (this is extrapulated so we can tell his partner) and of course we can't tell the wife this information (patiently confidentiality), but she kept asking us "how a person would contract this" and we would tell her STDs and her husband would instantly reply, "honey I LOVE you...I would never cheat on you."

Oh snap! :roflol: :roflol: :oops: :roflol: :roflol:

I guess you would see a lot of people that cheat and lie. Do tell more.