PDA

View Full Version : What is this STUFF!?!?

accadacca
03-27-2008, 08:07 AM
Blasted SNOW!! Had to drive my damned truck! :frustrated:

rockgremlin
03-27-2008, 08:12 AM
:haha: Glad to see we're not the only ones who got blasted. I awoke to 1 - 2 inches this morning.

oldno7
03-27-2008, 08:32 AM
Suns shining and calm here. :popcorn:

accadacca
03-27-2008, 08:38 AM
Where is here? :ne_nau:

trackrunner
03-27-2008, 09:19 AM
Where is here? :ne_nau:
Southern Utah :nod:

Cirrus2000
03-27-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm hoping for a lack of snow down around Grand Gulch for the next 10 days. For the first time, I'm planning on backpacking without a tent - just a tarp & ground cloth.

I'm visiting Seattle right now, and we had mixed rain and snow last night. Crazy!!!

DaveOU812
03-27-2008, 11:59 AM
I woke up to a blizzard and by 11:00, all gone. Thank goodness. :frustrated:

Kent K25
03-27-2008, 12:27 PM
No snow in Provo, just a lot of wind.

JP
03-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Chilly & Cloudy :nod:

denaliguide
03-27-2008, 01:24 PM
sunny an 85 in bullhead city all this week. winter was over a long time ago here. haven't had long pants or socks on in a month. i love shorts and chacos.

denaliguide
03-27-2008, 01:26 PM
For the first time, I'm planning on backpacking without a tent - just a tarp & ground cloth.

good on ya! that will lighten your load. see you in a few days.

abirken
03-27-2008, 01:29 PM
sunny an 85 in bullhead city all this week. winter was over a long time ago here. haven't had long pants or socks on in a month. i love shorts and chacos.

You live in BH City? Crazy! I have family there. Hot ass part of the country. HOT HOT HOT!

denaliguide
03-27-2008, 01:37 PM

You live in BH City? Crazy! I have family there. Hot ass part of the country. HOT HOT HOT!

not looking forward to july and august, for sure

Mtnbiker
03-27-2008, 07:29 PM
I'm hoping for a lack of snow down around Grand Gulch for the next 10 days. For the first time, I'm planning on backpacking without a tent - just a tarp & ground cloth.

I'm visiting Seattle right now, and we had mixed rain and snow last night. Crazy!!!

Hey Cirrus! We were just down in Grand Gulch over Easter and things are in pretty good shape. Any ground that sees sun is dry, or drying out, but the north facing slopes in the canyons had some decent snow still. We hiked down into Owl Creek canyon to see the ruins and it was spectacular :2thumbs: . Also Did Mule Canyon which was great too!

60's by day, 25ish by night. chilly! (cold enough for a 4 gallon igloo water cooler to freeze solid overnight)

Enjoy!
Ian

Cirrus2000
03-27-2008, 10:30 PM
For the first time, I'm planning on backpacking without a tent - just a tarp & ground cloth.

good on ya! that will lighten your load. see you in a few days.
You are my inspiration for that - purchased a silicone impregnated nylon tarp, and finally got the trekking poles I've been considering for years. And going light gives me more payload for stuff like booze & batteries... See ya soon!

Hey Cirrus! We were just down in Grand Gulch over Easter and things are in pretty good shape. Any ground that sees sun is dry, or drying out, but the north facing slopes in the canyons had some decent snow still. We hiked down into Owl Creek canyon to see the ruins and it was spectacular :2thumbs: . Also Did Mule Canyon which was great too!

60's by day, 25ish by night. chilly! (cold enough for a 4 gallon igloo water cooler to freeze solid overnight)

Enjoy!
Ian
Thanks for the report, Ian! I'm hoping for a few more degrees by the middle of next week. I'd love to not have to worry too much about water freezing - at least not solid, so even 30'd be OK... I'll be in Grand Gulch from Kane to Collins, and won't get a chance for the animals (Owl, Fish, Mule) on this trip. One day! Thanks again!

JP
03-28-2008, 12:25 AM
Ahh, your storm gave us rain :2thumbs:

accadacca
03-30-2008, 02:41 PM
It's BAAACK! :frustrated:

Please go away old man winter. This fluffy stuff and cold temps can bite me. :rope:

Alex
03-30-2008, 05:12 PM
I enjoyed it snow shoeing today. Nothing like snow shoeing at the end of March :2thumbs:

shlingdawg
03-30-2008, 05:26 PM
I saw the sun today!!! And it almost got to 50. :2thumbs:

oldno7
03-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Snowing heavily here at 6:26 :frustrated:

theking648
03-30-2008, 05:36 PM
we got rain down here today.

JP
03-30-2008, 05:53 PM
60 here on Tuesday :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake:

Alex
03-31-2008, 07:14 AM
5 inches this morning, had to pull out my snow blower this morning :frustrated:

JP
03-31-2008, 07:15 AM
I feel for ya. :frustrated:

rockgremlin
03-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Wasn't March supposed to go out like a lamb? It came in like a lion.

Is it just me, or is this the Loooooooooooongest winter ever! I wish we'd get some of that global warming everyone keeps talking about!

Alex
03-31-2008, 08:23 AM
Wasn't March supposed to go out like a lamb? It came in like a lion.

Is it just me, or is this the Loooooooooooongest winter ever! I wish we'd get some of that global warming everyone keeps talking about!

LOL ya Justin, I was listening to NPR this morning and they were saying that global temps of Utah have increased by 2 degrees. I was thinking to myself, I sure wish that was the case, as I was shoveling 5 inches of snow at the END OF THE MARCH! :roll:

Sombeech
03-31-2008, 08:42 AM
I was listening to NPR this morning and they were saying that global temps of Utah have increased by 2 degrees.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

And when we get this HUGE runoff this spring & summer, and our lakes & rivers are full, they'll say it's because the surrounding permanent snowpacks are gone because of global warming.

"Utah's rivers & lakes are extremely full this year due to the snow melting more than ever - Global Warming"

OR

Maybe we got more snow this winter. Could be the case? :ne_nau:

Alex
03-31-2008, 09:15 AM
At the same time, I am happy to see the white snow. In May along I got 3 rafting trips scheduled, possibly 4, so ya I am happy! Will be one hell of a season! :haha:

bbennett
03-31-2008, 09:40 AM
I was listening to NPR this morning and they were saying that global temps of Utah have increased by 2 degrees.

And when we get this HUGE runoff this spring & summer, and our lakes & rivers are full, they'll say it's because the surrounding permanent snowpacks are gone because of global warming.

"Utah's rivers & lakes are extremely full this year due to the snow melting more than ever - Global Warming"

OR

Maybe we got more snow this winter. Could be the case? :ne_nau:

Actually, global warming started here in Utah back in 1983. I was only 8 years old at the time but I remember the sand bag rivers and the Saltair (spelling?) being under water. I'm sure it had absolutely nothing to do with the snow pack that year either. The real mystery is how in the hell did all of this snow fall on the great state of Utah without being stopped by NPR, ur, uh... global warming?
Remember back in 2004 when global warming hit Indonesia in the form of a tsunami? They tried to blame it on an "off-shore earth quake" but me and Al Gore know the truth. Who are you going to believe, common sense or a Nobel Peace Prize winning ex-vice president that lost the presidential bid to George Bush (the stupid one, not his father)?
:gloom: :gloom: :gloom:

rockgremlin
03-31-2008, 09:50 AM

Increased 2 degrees in how much time? I seriously doubt it. 2 degrees is a LOT of climate change! Unless you're talking about the difference between 5:00am and 8:00am on any average day.

Sounds like NPR to quote huge alarming numbers without backing it up with any facts or data. "Ya, uh....the sky is falling....just take our word for it. Don't question us. We encourage critical thinking ONLY if it supports our cause."

Alex
03-31-2008, 10:11 AM
I thought they said per year. :ne_nau: I wasn't really paying attention, it was yacking in the background as I was trying to avoid slide offs on the freeway, which were caused by global warming of course :2thumbs:

Sombeech
03-31-2008, 11:01 AM
You know, just about every summer there is a week of 100+ degree temps. Everybody says "Hell, what's going on? This is strange!" :crazycobasa: Every freakin summer...

That's when you talk about global warming, not when there's F*&kin black ice on the road.

accadacca
03-31-2008, 01:36 PM
And it is melting again at my house. . . :roll:

Who listens to NPR? :haha:

greyhair biker
04-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Words cannot describe how much winter sucks right now! Just when you think it's gonna warm up a bit...that means almost to freezing here right rockgremlin?...the damn wind picks up and places you on the east side of the state! AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!! :cold:
...Sorry, no pics...too damn cold :lol8:

rockgremlin
04-01-2008, 07:42 PM
Words cannot describe how much winter sucks right now! Just when you think it's gonna warm up a bit...that means almost to freezing here right rockgremlin?...the damn wind picks up and places you on the east side of the state! AAAAAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!! :cold:
...Sorry, no pics...too damn cold :lol8:

Yeah, what's worse is when it snows overnight, and I-80 is all iced over for the morning commute. Wyoming's approach to dealing with ice on the interstate: Salt? What's that? We just let it melt on it's own 'round these parts!

accadacca
04-07-2008, 12:11 PM
8:15 AM today. . . :frustrated: