PDA

View Full Version : What American accent do you have?

Iceaxe
03-24-2008, 05:34 PM
OK, everyone always tells me I have an accent....

What Accent Do You Have? (http://www.gotoquiz.com/)

HA... I do not!

I just took this test and I'm normal and the rest of you are messed up. :2thumbs:

My Result: The Midland

"You have a Midland accent" is just another way of saying "you don't have an accent." You probably are from the Midland (Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, and Missouri) but then for all we know you could be from Florida or Charleston or one of those big southern cities like Atlanta or Dallas. You have a good voice for TV and radio.

:popcorn:

Scout Master
03-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Yup I'm a midland too

My mother was from New York My Father was from Washington State and I have lived Florida and California. Thats all four corners. I have never lived in Pennsylvania, southern Ohio, southern Indiana, southern Illinois, or Missouri.

Udink
03-24-2008, 05:47 PM
Iceaxe, the first time I heard your voice (on a video on your website, I think), I was very surprised at your accent. It's totally a Utah accent. :lol8:

Here are my results:

Your Result: The West
Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

stefan
03-24-2008, 06:10 PM
the west is the best :2thumbs:

tanya
03-24-2008, 06:16 PM
I agree with Udink..... You do have an accent Shane and you are all Utah! :lol8: I do not though... :haha: but .... this quiz says ..... I have a Southern one. :cool2:

If I have a Southern Accent what does Savanna have. :lol8:

"That's a Southern accent you've got there. You may love it, you may hate it, you may swear you don't have it, but whatever the case, we can hear it." :roll:

JP
03-24-2008, 06:35 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Zukimog/quiz.jpg

stefan
03-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Iceaxe, the first time I heard your voice (on a video on your website, I think), I was very surprised at your accent. It's totally a Utah accent.

like in this gem?
http://climb-utah.com/Powell/Files/maid.wmv

tanya
03-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Wonderful clip! What they call the "long valley drawl" that people have here on the east side of Zion is yucky.. but Shane's accent is sexy. :five:

Mtnman1830
03-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Well, I never figgured myself to have one of them there accents.

Reminds me of sumthin I once saw. Who can read this?
(hint: It is a conversation)

M R Ducks
M R Not
O S A R, C M Wangs?
L I B M R Ducks

M R Snakes
M R Not
O S A R C M E D B D I's
L I B, M R Snakes.

marc olivares
03-24-2008, 07:02 PM
west is the best :2thumbs:

shane definately has a thick "utahn" accent!

Sombeech
03-24-2008, 07:06 PM
The Midland.

abirken
03-24-2008, 07:10 PM
West Coast all the way is what the quiz said! However this doesn't take into consideration being brought up in the south. And I'm a combination of South vs. West. I'm a Texoloradan ya'll!

abirken
03-24-2008, 07:12 PM
Oh never mind me..........It does give a description of Southern accents. DURP! :lol8: Welp I'll just say Southern is different then Texan to cover my ass. :2thumbs:

tanya
03-24-2008, 07:27 PM
The Midland.

Beech has an accent too..... but it does not seem so midland does it? --- and a desire to be Mr. Hollywood! :lol8:

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10094&start=0

Greyhair has one too that I can't place... ?

tanya
03-24-2008, 07:28 PM
West Coast all the way is what the quiz said! However this doesn't take into consideration being brought up in the south. And I'm a combination of South vs. West. I'm a Texoloradan ya'll!

I am thinking your accent has to have lots of character!!! -- just like the rest of you seems to have.. :five:

Sombeech
03-24-2008, 07:29 PM
Don't go off of my video narrations, they suck. Most of the time I'm just talking quietly so I don't wake up the wife and kid at midnight.

abirken
03-24-2008, 07:42 PM

I am thinking your accent has to have lots of character!!! -- just like the rest of you seems to have.. :five:

Why thank you darlin'!!
Change of subject (it's an estrogen moment).......loving that new helmet Tanya! That shade of red is unbelievable (i love red lipstick) and your bone structure is killer in that photo. GORGEOUS GIRL!!

Ok back to canyons..... :lol8:

tanya
03-24-2008, 07:45 PM

Why thank you darlin'!!
Change of subject (it's an estrogen moment).......loving that new helmet Tanya! That shade of red is unbelievable (i love red lipstick) and your bone structure is killer in that photo. GORGEOUS GIRL!!

Ok back to canyons..... :lol8:

:five: That helmet does bring out the red in my bloodshot eyes. I am thinking I better change to white. :eek2: :lol8: I think that my bone structure is amplified by my stuck out tongue... that must mean we are buds for you to see all the good in that shot.

PS.. love your Avatar and tatoo. :five:

erial
03-24-2008, 07:47 PM
another coast heard from . . .

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: Philadelphia

Your accent is as Philadelphian as a cheesesteak! If you're not from Philadelphia, then you're from someplace near there like south Jersey, Baltimore, or Wilmington. if you've ever journeyed to some far off place where people don't know that Philly has an accent, someone may have thought you talked a little weird even though they didn't have a clue what accent it was they heard.

The Midland
The Inland North
The South
The Northeast
Boston
The West
North Central

Cirrus2000
03-24-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm Canadian, eh? So I was curious what it would say about (aboot) me. Here it is:

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

Ain't no "mistake" aboot it - I yam what I yam. Eh. :2thumbs:

savanna3313
03-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Y'all have to ask??? :haha:

tanya
03-24-2008, 11:49 PM
Y'all have to ask??? :haha:

:five: :lol8:

denaliguide
03-25-2008, 01:02 AM

so there you go. no accent.

Mtnbiker
03-25-2008, 05:15 AM
Go figure, eh?

Mine's 95% Inland North. :haha: Go Michigan!

Win
03-25-2008, 05:43 AM
Got my Joisy accent perfectly, NYC or North Jersey. Maybe 20 more years and people in Utah will stop asking where I'm from.

Win

RugerShooter
03-25-2008, 06:06 AM
From the West here :2thumbs:

RugerShooter
03-25-2008, 06:07 AM
Reminds me of sumthin I once saw. Who can read this?
(hint: It is a conversation)

M R Ducks
M R Not
O S A R, C M Wangs?
L I B M R Ducks

M R Snakes
M R Not
O S A R C M E D B D I's
L I B, M R Snakes.

I can read it I totally understand it .

JP
03-25-2008, 06:45 AM
GMaybe 20 more years and people in Utah will stop asking where I'm from.
That'll never leave ya :haha:

accadacca
03-25-2008, 08:39 AM
The Midland - North Central, The West

Jaxx
03-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Your accent is the lowest common denominator of American speech. Unless you're a SoCal surfer, no one thinks you have an accent. And really, you may not even be from the West at all, you could easily be from Florida or one of those big Southern cities like Dallas or Atlanta.

tapehoser
03-25-2008, 04:17 PM
West.

Iceaxe
03-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Here is the real me.... :haha:

Hear Ice and his Utah Twang (http://www.climb-utah.com/Files/hold%20my%20beer.wav)

:lol8:

tanya
03-25-2008, 04:25 PM

Hear Ice and his Utah Twang (http://www.climb-utah.com/Files/hold%20my%20beer.wav)

It is!!! :lol8: :roflol: :rockon: :bootyshake: :cool2:

I guess that's what it takes in Utah to catch the young hot stripper wives.

http://www.classbrain.com/artstate/publish/speech_accent_utah.shtml

Felicia
03-25-2008, 07:24 PM
What American accent do you have?
Your Result: North Central

"North Central" is what professional linguists call the Minnesota accent. If you saw "Fargo" you probably didn't think the characters sounded very out of the ordinary. Outsiders probably mistake you for a Canadian a lot.

Funny....my mom always said that it was bad enough I was born female, the last thing I was going to have was an accent. I guess I have one anyways. :nod:

Boston - 9 years
CB Nova Scotia - 13 years
California - 20 years
......dang! I'm getting old!

savanna3313
03-25-2008, 07:41 PM

Just wondering if that's your idea of verbal foreplay....... :lol8:

tanya
03-25-2008, 07:57 PM

:eek2: :popcorn: :five: - We want to know.

Iceaxe
03-25-2008, 08:57 PM

First tell me if it turned ya on?

:naughty: