PDA

View Full Version : St. George gets "blackballed" by lenders

Deathcricket
03-20-2008, 07:24 PM
Hopefully this hasn't been posted. Stefan is usually on top of these. So many posts lately though almost impossible to keep up :)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23731299/

[quote]The entire states of California, Florida, Arizona, Michigan, Ohio and Nevada

accadacca
03-20-2008, 07:29 PM
I'll be going through this soon. House hunting that is. Time to find a new long term crib and with the current housing and economy situation. Well, it will be interesting.

Deathcricket
03-20-2008, 07:47 PM
I should clarify though it looks like only St. George as far as this situation is concerned. So as long as you're shopping north you "should" be ok. Granted this is probably an indication that it's going to be a lot harder anywhere to get a loan than it used to be.

So glad I didn't refinance under one of those ARM loans to lower my payment. I was tempted to be sure. One guy was saying he dropped his payment from $1500/mo to $990. But I know I wouldn't have saved the extra money. I would have spent it like it was going out of style on "toys".

RedMan
03-20-2008, 09:17 PM
Hey if you have good credit and decent job its a buyers market.

packfish
03-21-2008, 07:25 AM
The market is still pretty good in Cache Valley. I put a home up for sale this week and will put up one in a few months. I fell pretty confident that they will sell.