PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle near Grand Gulch

Cirrus2000
03-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Hey all, I'm looking for a shuttle option in the vicinity of Blanding or Bluff. What I want to do is backpack from Kane Gulch to the Collins Spring trailhead, through Grand Gulch. I'll be solo, with a rental car. My ideal plan is to pick up a permit on Monday March 31, then drive to the Collins Spring trailhead (or as close as I can get in a compact rental). I want to meet a shuttle there, to drive me back to Kane Gulch to start my hike in the early afternoon.

Any suggestions? Recommendations? I figure someone in Blanding would be cheaper than Bluff, since it's closer to the two shuttle points. I see Black Hawk Tours in Blanding (man, does their website/brochure suck) - any others around?

Anybody live in Blanding, and have nothing to do on Monday the 31st? I gots cash!

Thanks in advance!

Edited to say: OOPS - originally I said April first, but it is the Monday, which is March 31. I really ought to look at a calendar...

Brewhaha
03-15-2008, 11:11 AM
Happy to help if I can. I would be available to give you a lift if my little 2WD pickup can get where you need to go. PM me and let me know.

denaliguide
03-15-2008, 03:49 PM
if brewhaha can't help you out i remember there used to be a shuttle service in either bluff or mexican hat. they would do shuttles for the river rafters on the san juan. i will admit it was years ago when i last used them.

Cirrus2000
03-15-2008, 11:45 PM
Well, it looks like this should work out well with Brew - and a great big "Thank You" for it!