PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Corey
03-13-2008, 05:44 AM
I have been lurking in this forum for quite a while and figured it was time to jump in and be part of the fun.

One thing I like about Bogley.com is you all seem to stay on topic, most of the time. Too many Utah based forums alway seem to degenerate into "bash the mormons" or "bash the non-mormons" or gun control or politics. You seem to stay focused on the outdoors which we all love. Thanks to the administrators for that.

Now about me.

I was raised in Utah and as a teenager spent a lot of time in the outdoors, mainly the mountains of the Wasatch Front. I recall climbing Timp at least 10 time before I was 20. Then I went to school, married a girl from south Texas and had a family. That slowed me down somewhat, however, we still spent a lot of time camping, boating and ATVing. My wife likes the outdoors as long as she has a trailer with a bathroom.

This year I made a commitment to spend more time in the backcountry. My son is working on his Hiking merit badge, so we are committed to at least five 10 milers, and one 20 mile hike. He also want to climb Kings Peak this summer. I figure I'm not getting any younger so I better get at it.

One reason for joining this forum is to motivate myself get some trip reports written. The TR that others have posted are fun to read and have helped me in planning, so I hope I can give back a litte. I will put two TR in the Snowshoeing forum sometime today.

It seem everyone likes pictures so here are a few. The first is my wife and son in Willis Creek. Then next one is this year's family Christmas pciture. I hope I posted them right.

Well its good to meet everyone and I hope to be part of the group.

RugerShooter
03-13-2008, 06:28 AM
Welcome to the Forum, this is a great forum, if you don't like talking about gun control & politics I would suggest staying out of the political area, things can get a little heated over there. Again Welcome :2thumbs:

tanya
03-13-2008, 06:52 AM
Welcome!

You must not have noticed my posts when you said we stay on topic. I am left brained you know -- it's impossible. :mrgreen:

Sombeech
03-13-2008, 07:04 AM
One thing I like about Bogley.com is you all seem to stay on topic, most of the time.

Well, sometimes. :haha: Like Brad mentioned, there are a couple of forums here that get heated and unorganized, I'd suggest staying clear of those.

Welcome to the forum. :cool2:

DirkHammergate
03-13-2008, 08:50 AM
I think your wife is hot.

Alex
03-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the forums. We can bash mormons if you want, just make the call :naughty:

Looks like you have been the lurker and know the drill with the pictures. If you post a TR without pics, you will get flamed into eternity and your TR will not hold water.

Iceaxe
03-13-2008, 09:59 AM
Welcome :2thumbs:

What is the slot in the picture? I can usually figure them out but not this one....

:popcorn:

Corey
03-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

I don't mind a good heated discussion, but its nice to keep on topic.

Iceaxe: This picture is in Willis Creek, just south of Cannonville.

Felicia
03-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Welcome!!!

Your family picture is very nice - great looking kids!!! Ya gotta get the girls outside also! :2thumbs:

accadacca
03-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Welcome to Bogley! :2thumbs:

Sombeech
03-13-2008, 03:37 PM
I think your wife is hot.

:lol8: Dirk sez welcome.

Iceaxe
03-13-2008, 03:51 PM

Now you are supposed to be polite and ask Dirk about his wife..... :roflol:

Scott Card
03-13-2008, 04:48 PM
Welcome! Ignore the insanity, I do. :haha:

DirkHammergate
03-13-2008, 07:36 PM

Don't humor me...

DirkHammergate
03-13-2008, 07:37 PM

Don't humor me...

BTW - I love MILF's

DiscGo
03-13-2008, 08:39 PM
Welcome! That picture is awesome! Which canyon is this?

rockgremlin
03-14-2008, 01:36 PM
BTW - I love MILF's

:roflol: Just gets funnier....

Welcome to the site...adding Willis Creek to my to-do list.

Iceaxe
03-14-2008, 03:26 PM
adding Willis Creek to my to-do list.

DITTO! :2thumbs:

DirkHammergate
03-14-2008, 03:44 PM
BTW - I love MILF's

:roflol: Just gets funnier....

Welcome to the site...adding Willis Creek to my to-do list.

How's "You know who" doing?

stefan
03-21-2008, 01:25 PM
welcome, :2thumbs:

we do have our fair share of contention