PDA

View Full Version : New World's Record

sparker1
03-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Sheriff: Woman Sat on Toilet for 2 Years
By ROXANA HEGEMAN (Associated Press Writer)
From Associated Press
March 12, 2008 9:19 PM EDT

WICHITA, Kan. - Authorities are considering charges in the bizarre case of a woman who sat on her boyfriend's toilet for two years - so long that her body was stuck to the seat by the time the boyfriend finally called police.

Ness County Sheriff Bryan Whipple said it appeared the 35-year-old Ness City woman's skin had grown around the seat. She initially refused emergency medical services but was finally convinced by responders and her boyfriend that she needed to be checked out at a hospital.

"We pried the toilet seat off with a pry bar and the seat went with her to the hospital," Whipple said. "The hospital removed it."

Whipple said investigators planned to present their report Wednesday to the county attorney, who will determine whether any charges should be filed against the woman's 36-year-old boyfriend.

"She was not glued. She was not tied. She was just physically stuck by her body," Whipple said. "It is hard to imagine. ... I still have a hard time imagining it myself."

He told investigators he brought his girlfriend food and water, and asked her every day to come out of the bathroom.

"And her reply would be, `Maybe tomorrow,'" Whipple said. "According to him, she did not want to leave the bathroom."

The boyfriend called police on Feb. 27 to report that "there was something wrong with his girlfriend," Whipple said, adding that he never explained why it took him two years to call.

Police found the clothed woman sitting on the toilet, her sweat pants down to her mid-thigh. She was "somewhat disoriented," and her legs looked like they had atrophied, Whipple said.

"She said that she didn't need any help, that she was OK and did not want to leave," he said.

She was reported in fair condition at a hospital in Wichita, about 150 miles southeast of Ness City. Whipple said she has refused to cooperate with medical providers or law enforcement investigators.

Authorities said they did not know if she was mentally or physically disabled.

Police have declined to release the couple's names, but the house where authorities say the incident happened is listed in public records as the residence of Kory McFarren. No one answered his home phone number.

The case has been the buzz of Ness City, said James Ellis, a neighbor.

"I don't think anybody can make any sense out of it," he said.

Ellis said he had known the woman since she was a child but that he had not seen her for at least six years.

He said she had a tough childhood after her mother died at a young age and apparently was usually kept inside the house as she grew up. At one time the woman worked for a long-term care facility, he said, but he did not know what kind of work she did there.

"It really doesn't surprise me," Ellis said. "What surprises me is somebody wasn't called in a bit earlier."

Sombeech
03-12-2008, 07:49 PM
did she have some sort of a weight problem?

Gutpiler_Utahn
03-12-2008, 08:03 PM
Wichita? WICHITA?!? Man... with people like that in my hometown, I'm amazed I turned out as well as I did... :roll:

DiscGo
03-12-2008, 08:18 PM
I'd be curious to find out what she weighs. That seems unbelievable.

abirken
03-12-2008, 10:06 PM
Girls at work didn't believe me when I read them this story. I guess her skin must have grown onto the toilet seat and that's why they had to remove the seat with her attached. It can happen. All I can say is that I hope she flushed the toilet regularly. Poor thing.

denaliguide
03-12-2008, 10:53 PM
i sure hope there were 2 toilets in that house. and charges? for what monopolizing the john for 2 years?

donny h
03-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Truth is stranger than fiction.

tanya
03-13-2008, 04:33 AM
How sad. Severe depression I guess?

trackrunner
03-13-2008, 09:15 AM
i sure hope there were 2 toilets in that house. and charges? for what monopolizing the john for 2 years?
Yes there were two bathrooms. I read that in another longer article. I believe it was the local one not an AP story.

Jaxx
03-13-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm guessing she was fairly large. I questioned why they didn't just unscrew the toilet set instead of pry. Then my brother in law pointed out that if she was sitting that long then she was probably big enough to cover them up. Plus who would want to reach back there. I wonder how long the pry bar was.

Did she wipe after her business? If there was any movement then she couldn't have grown into the seat. Can mold grow on a person?

Redpb
03-13-2008, 11:57 AM
That's one HUUUUGE..... uh prybar.

After two years on the pot I wouldn't want to be the one to try and detach. I would have just yanked the whole toilet off. She didn't seem to be in any hurry to part with it.

trackrunner
03-13-2008, 12:18 PM
Even though she was stuck why did she not want to leave? Was it a protest against boyfriend?

Jaxx
03-13-2008, 12:22 PM
she was embarrassed because she couldn't reach to wipe. Her problem only became worse with time.
OR
she didn't love her boyfriend anymore and this was her "headache" excuse. Then after her boyfriend kept feeding her it just became convenient.

another question: How did she bathe?

sparker1
03-13-2008, 06:30 PM
another question: How did she bathe?

Why bathe? she never went anywhere and only had one visitor.