PDA

View Full Version : The Bug that won't leave.........

savanna3313
03-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Ok.....just curious to know if anyone else is experiencing this:

Since January, I've had some kind of flu 3x now. It just won't go away (and yes I had a flu shot back in Oct). With this last go round, I actually have pneumonia now. I've talked to a couple of different people who have told me they've experienced the same thing - you feel better for a week or two, and then it comes back, only worse than the time before. This is getting old!!!!

:popcorn:

tanya
03-08-2008, 10:51 AM

Since January, I've had some kind of flu 3x now. It just won't go away (and yes I had a flu shot back in Oct). With this last go round, I actually have pneumonia now. I've talked to a couple of different people who have told me they've experienced the same thing - you feel better for a week or two, and then it comes back, only worse than the time before. This is getting old!!!!

Not this year, but last year!!! The Doc's told me pneumonia/mono/whooping cough --- and either one after the other or all together!!!! -- right after surgery -- I suppose because I was weak from that. Who knows if they were right? ---but I was sure sick a long time and so exhausted -- I kept hiking for the most part and did the Grand Canyon river trip 6 weeks after surgery while so sick... ~groan~ But it was worth it! -- ! Usually only stomach issues will stop me from doing stuff.

Whooping cough is showing up in adults due to the weakness of the shots we got way back then and since you are my age we got those same sad shots. I did not have that typical whooping cough sound either but the Doc's claim I had it from the test -- which takes a while to get back.

KillEmAll
03-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Tell me about it! I just got over the stomach flu twice about 2 weeks ago and now I've got strep. Alot of people have been getting odd combos this year.

sparker1
03-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Sorry to hear that, Savanna. You must not be getting enough of something, liquor, sex, whatever. Hope you recover completely soon.

Mtnman1830
03-08-2008, 02:11 PM
(and yes I had a flu shot back in Oct).

There's your problem!

JP
03-08-2008, 04:48 PM
No Flu shot here. But I had bronchitis for the first time in my life, thought it was just a chest cold until the breathing was affected. Went to the Doc's, got some azithromycin, and all seemed well when I was down to the 2nd to the last pill. Breathing was back to normal, just couldn't shake that cough. Here we are three weeks later and it's back again, damn bronchitis. Another trip Monday to the Doc's. I think as we get older, we just don't bounce back the same :haha:

sparker1
03-08-2008, 05:54 PM
No Flu shot here. But I had bronchitis for the first time in my life, thought it was just a chest cold until the breathing was affected. Went to the Doc's, got some azithromycin, and all seemed well when I was down to the 2nd to the last pill. Breathing was back to normal, just couldn't shake that cough. Here we are three weeks later and it's back again, damn bronchitis. Another trip Monday to the Doc's. I think as we get older, we just don't bounce back the same :haha:

That isn't Savanna's problem. :naughty:

oldno7
03-08-2008, 06:07 PM
liquor, sex,

aren't those 2 the same, kinda :lol8:

RugerShooter
03-08-2008, 06:48 PM
Yes I have sounds just like me for about a 2-months I am sick for a day or two, then I am better for a couple weeks. It BLOWS

savanna3313
03-08-2008, 08:17 PM

Not this year, but last year!!! The Doc's told me pneumonia/mono/whooping cough --- and either one after the other or all together!!!! -- right after surgery -- I suppose because I was weak from that. Who knows if they were right? ---but I was sure sick a long time and so exhausted -- I kept hiking for the most part and did the Grand Canyon river trip 6 weeks after surgery while so sick... ~groan~ But it was worth it! -- ! Usually only stomach issues will stop me from doing stuff.

Whooping cough is showing up in adults due to the weakness of the shots we got way back then and since you are my age we got those same sad shots. I did not have that typical whooping cough sound either but the Doc's claim I had it from the test -- which takes a while to get back.

wow.....you are a real trooper. :2thumbs: If I tried to go hiking right now, they would have to bury me on the trail. :nod: Yesterday I got 2 shots of antibiotics, a breathing treatment and 4 prescriptions. If this doesn't help, I'm thinking of seeking a witch doctor! :haha:

savanna3313
03-08-2008, 08:18 PM
Sorry to hear that, Savanna. You must not be getting enough of something, liquor, sex, whatever. Hope you recover completely soon.

Thanks! I should've asked the doctor if he could write a prescription for the above items you mentioned. :haha:

savanna3313
03-08-2008, 08:21 PM

That isn't Savanna's problem. :naughty:

I'm still on the sunny side of 50, but I'm pretty much getting to be an old bat. :haha: This is just odd for me because even if I do get sick which isn't very often, I never have anything hang on me like this has. Like MtnMan said.....it's probably because I got the flu shot! :nod:

Rented mule
03-08-2008, 09:01 PM
[/img]http://usera.imagecave.com/mochajo/mbobo.jpg[img]
Did someone say WITCH DOCTOR? yes!!
I have been healthy as an ox! Except well, actually an ox with a bad knee.... My family doctor DR. "M-BOBO" also a family "friend" for many years. Brought both of my children into this world. Scared them right out of the womb. He has a number I can reach him at (an African drum jungle message center-sorry no texting pisses him off...)
He is located now near Madagascar this time of year for the great
hee-bee - gee-bee conferance where other witch doctors sorta brainstorm. a huge think tank on the problem of hee-bee gee-bees.
Sorry for your insanely lingering illness. Maybe a ROAD TRIP! to another environ? go for it. Or let me know and DR M-bobo could be called. Although it ain't cheap. Get BETTER!

sparker1
03-09-2008, 05:30 AM
Hell, I'd bring you some liquor, but it's a $500 fine. :frustrated:

Scout Master
03-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Every one in my House is sick as a DOG :scared:

Randi
03-11-2008, 09:03 AM

That sucks. Sorry you can

greyhair biker
03-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Sorry to hear about your sickly winter sister. I feel for you. I'm sure you have heard about every remedy known by now too :roll: - you've probably tried to burn it out with a good hot dose of jumbalaya...for a week. :haha: or the vingegar& cayenne in a glass of warm water too...but I'd just like to see ya better :2thumbs:

Sombeech
03-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Ugh, I was in bed with the stomach flu yesterday. I spend a week and a half down in February from another flu. I hope twice is it for me.