PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive Compulsive Hoarding

Brewhaha
03-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Some of you probably only opened this thread because you thought the subject was Obsessive Compulsive Whoring. Sorry to disappoint.

This is a short documentary (about 20 min) that is sad, frightening, and disgusting. It is incredible what power our minds can have over us. We probably all have a little bit of this disorder in one way or another. I, for instance, can't throw an internet link away. Hopefully our personal compulsions only relate to minor things - like old toilet paper rolls.

Enjoy.

http://www.vimeo.com/603058

P.S. If the video keeps skipping, scroll of the video (to display the controls and settings), and then turn off HD. It makes alot of difference.

Sombeech
03-04-2008, 08:43 PM
There are actually a lot of people in Britain that are like this. Something about the living situation.

Mtnman1830
03-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow. Now I feel like I need to clean my house.

Deathcricket
03-05-2008, 06:49 PM
WTF? I've never seen anything so bizarre in my life. Serious screws loose.

This lady who lived next door to my grandmother was like that. I heard stories my mom told me, but until I saw that video I had no clue it was like that. She mentioned there was "paths" you had to take to get from room to room. I finally understand what she was talking about.

Just wow!!!!

Mtnman1830
03-05-2008, 06:58 PM
My aunt was like that. she grew up during the depression and couldnt throw anything away

trackrunner
03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Grandma & grandpa were like this too. Booth came to age during the depression era. Went from job to job until Grandpa got long-term employment in the CCC and grandma was a cook in the camp. When she passed away it was years of cleanup before we could sell the estate. I remember we had to get rid of drums of heating oil.

My wife's mother is attached to things too (not as bad). I dropped my wife off at her parents for the week. Together with her sister, while the mother was gone, they loaded up my car with junk of memories for me to donate/throw away. I'm glad I wasn't there for the nervous breakdown when she finds stuff missing.

brookiekiller
03-06-2008, 09:26 AM
My uncle is like this, except worse. He can't throw his trash away, so he has a trash room, complete with cockroaches and rats. The state tried to get him committed, but it failed. It is a sad, miserable existence.

Redpb
03-06-2008, 02:08 PM
What I found interesting was they all knew they are crazy. One guy even said he's embarrassed about it, to bring people in. But, none of them could help themselves. I think the guy obsessing about his mum was the real crazy one.

Jaxx
03-06-2008, 02:49 PM
I can't get it to load, How do I work this so called interweb?!??!