PDA

View Full Version : 1943 Guide to Hiring Women

hank moon
02-29-2008, 11:39 AM
Excerpt:

8. Give every girl an adequate number of rest periods during the day. You have to make some allowances for feminine psychology. A girl has more confidence and is more efficient if she can keep her hair tidied, apply fresh lipStick and wash her hands several times a day.

http://tinyurl.com/2mx6tc

tanya
02-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Excerpt:

8. Give every girl an adequate number of rest periods during the day. You have to make some allowances for feminine psychology. A girl has more confidence and is more efficient if she can keep her hair tidied, apply fresh lipStick and wash her hands several times a day.

http://tinyurl.com/2mx6tc

:roll: Some of us do not wear makeup and have not brushed their hair in years (unless you call running our fingers through it in the shower) and are in shape so we don't need much rest! -- wash hands :lol8: Whatever... I guess that means potty breaks. :haha: Those can be important.

But if you really want to allow for feminine psychology --- keep the room stocked with attractive men that are willing to build up our confidence with numerous compliments throughout the day. What else could a woman want?.

1943?.... I think I would have thought the same as now. :lol8:

tanya
02-29-2008, 11:51 AM
sorry.. my isp is having issues.. double post

sparker1
02-29-2008, 06:44 PM
In 1963, when I got married, my wife's manager confided in me: "I guess you know she can never make supervisor now that she's married." The concern was that she would get pregnant and quit working. In less than three years, she was pregnant and quit working. Never went back.

tanya
03-05-2008, 08:02 AM
In 1963, when I got married, my wife's manager confided in me: "I guess you know she can never make supervisor now that she's married." The concern was that she would get pregnant and quit working. In less than three years, she was pregnant and quit working. Never went back.

It's sort of true still today, but it all depends on the woman. We have mothers that call in sick every time their kids get the sniffles and others who never call in sick unless its a bonafide emergency. Men never seem to do that... at least of my employees? So who do you hire? The man or the woman if you have a choice?