PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant woman uses train toilet and baby slips out

Sombeech
02-28-2008, 07:23 AM
AHMEDABAD, India (Reuters) - A newborn baby girl survived an ignoble birth after slipping down the toilet bowl of a moving Indian train onto the tracks when a pregnant woman unexpectedly gave birth while relieving herself on Tuesday.

"My delivery was so sudden," said the Bhuri Kalbi, the mother of the infant, born two months prematurely. "I did not even realise that my child had slipped from the hole in the toilet."

Kalbi, a 33-year-old woman from a village in Rajasthan, fainted on the toilet seat after the birth for a few minutes before waking up and alerting her family.

"They stopped the train and ran on the tracks to find the baby," she said, speaking from her hospital bed in the western city of Ahmedabad.

Railway staff at a nearby station were alerted and soon found the newborn girl lying uninjured on pebbles by the track. She is now in intensive care because of her premature birth, doctors said.

Most toilets on Indian trains are filthy chutes emptying directly onto the tracks.

What?!?!?!? Not only does the baby go into the toilet, but it falls ON THE TRACKS AND SURVIVES!!!

tanya
02-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Poor little thing.. luckily she will never remember.... I can't imagine the baby is okay. You read so much about what happens later in life like when a doctor drops a baby --- time will tell.

After having 5 kids with over 24 hours of hard labor I have no sympathy for this women. Dang! How awful of the setting, but how nice to have easy labor!

JP
02-28-2008, 09:12 AM
:bs: :bs:

Mtnman1830
02-28-2008, 02:54 PM
What a sh!tty way to come into the world

trackrunner
02-28-2008, 03:15 PM
What a sh!tty way to come into the world :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

sparker1
02-28-2008, 06:26 PM
So who cut the cord? I think the woman dumped her to avoid buying a ticket. :lol8: