PDA

View Full Version : Bogley Westwater Trip?

mrbrejcha
02-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Would anyone be interested? The next few weeks are the times to call in for highwater! I like the first weekend in May.

http://www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm/ut/moab_fo/campgrounds/calendars.Par.48355.File.dat/ww-cal-08.pdf

tanya
02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
I might! :nod:

Sombeech
02-25-2008, 07:36 PM
Where's Alex? That Dawg has always got permits. Let's invite ourselves. :haha:

accadacca
02-25-2008, 08:45 PM
Yep. :ear:

soitgos
02-26-2008, 05:48 AM
Just be careful you know what you're doing. Westwater is a very different place when the water is high.

tanya
02-26-2008, 07:05 AM
I have a question Steve...

Is it safer doing rapids with several people rowing or just one experienced person?

soitgos
02-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I have a question Steve...

Is it safer doing rapids with several people rowing or just one experienced person?

That

tanya
02-26-2008, 02:03 PM
[quote=tanya]I have a question Steve...

That

soitgos
02-26-2008, 03:37 PM
Do you take real women for students who have no rowing skills at all or only 20 year old children?

I suppose that depends . . . I've invited you before . . . :nod:

tanya
02-26-2008, 08:17 PM
Do you take real women for students who have no rowing skills at all or only 20 year old children?

I suppose that depends . . . I've invited you before . . . :nod:

Oh no! I am in trouble! :eek2:

I had better redeem myself and show up next time! :nod:

mrbrejcha
02-27-2008, 12:14 PM
Just be careful you know what you're doing. Westwater is a very different place when the water is high.

The highest I've done it at was 18k, I don't see it being higher than that early spring, but you never know!

Let me elaborate on my first post. I want to run Westy the first weekend in May, but I can't call in for the permit because I'll be on the Salt, soooo, anybody want to call it in?

Alex
02-27-2008, 01:13 PM
I am game for WW whenever, I just need about 4 hours notice to get there.

The only trouble is with my house remodeling now, all my gear is buried until April :(

I got an invite to WW in late April already though, then Dolores early May and got my own permit for Deso on May 30th, woohoo!

Anyone wants to join?

Alex
02-27-2008, 01:15 PM
I had better redeem myself and show up next time! :nod: [/color]

That means you have to get a passport and travel to the other side of the world called Moab!!!! OMG!!!

Tanya, you would love WW, especially with Steve guiding your boat. I am always up for Steve trips. :2thumbs:

The man is practically married to Westwater

mrbrejcha
02-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Dolores early May and got my own permit for Deso on May 30th, woohoo!

Anyone wants to join?

Oh yeah, if the Dolores runs again I won't be doing Westy. It ran last year about mid-may but we have a LOT more snow this year.

Maybe we should do Westy in June or July?

Alex
02-27-2008, 01:25 PM
I plan on doing WW at least once a month this year, starting June. Will start calling for permits late March.

The highest water I have done in WW is 9K, it was pushy, but very very fun, I would go again with pros like Steve for higher water though

soitgos
03-01-2008, 07:31 AM
The highest I've done it at was 18k, I don't see it being higher than that early spring, but you never know!

Let me elaborate on my first post. I want to run Westy the first weekend in May, but I can't call in for the permit because I'll be on the Salt, soooo, anybody want to call it in?

Didn't mean to be presumptuous. If you've done it at 18,000 you've seen the worst of what Westwater can be. When do you launch on the Salt? I was able to sneak down and do a quick trip last week. One of my favorite rivers.

tanya
03-04-2008, 02:09 PM
I am game for WW whenever, I just need about 4 hours notice to get there.

The only trouble is with my house remodeling now, all my gear is buried until April :(

I got an invite to WW in late April already though, then Dolores early May and got my own permit for Deso on May 30th, woohoo!

Anyone wants to join?

Will your wife let me go. :mrgreen:

tanya
03-04-2008, 02:11 PM
That means you have to get a passport and travel to the other side of the world called Moab!!!! OMG!!!

Tanya, you would love WW, especially with Steve guiding your boat. I am always up for Steve trips. :2thumbs:

The man is practically married to Westwater

I have no doubt... I hear he is talented. :haha: