PDA

View Full Version : Proflowers.com: Two tumbs down!

Jaxx
02-21-2008, 12:11 PM
I ordered my wife some roses off of Proflowers.com thinking that I was such a pimp. They came on the day I requested, so I give them props on that. When we got the roses they looked, less than stellar. My wife pulled a couple of the outer pedals off per their instructions. She was worried about doing that because it looked like there had already been some that were pulled off by proflowers and the roses didn't look very big. About 2 days later they were hanging over and dying.
To compare I bought some flowers from walmart for my daughters and they are still doing great. They were bought on 2/13. The roses were delivered on 2/11.
In conclusion, I will never buy from Proflowers.com again!
Don't worry Valentines wasn't ruined :five:

Pics for proof. taken today 2/21/08

Side by side, Proflower roses on left, walmart on right
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/jaxpb03/DSC01201.jpg

close up of proflower roses
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/jaxpb03/DSC01202.jpg

close up of walmart flowers
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h34/jaxpb03/DSC01203.jpg

asdf
02-21-2008, 01:00 PM
have you called them? Proflowers if known for great customer service.
Call them and ask for new flowers and your money back and I bet they will do it.

Jaxx
02-21-2008, 01:34 PM
cool I will give it a try!

Scott Card
02-21-2008, 02:05 PM
And tell them Sean Hannity sent you. :haha:

jumar
02-21-2008, 05:13 PM
That sucks. I've ordered tons of flowers from them over the years and had nothing but good experiences. Maybe you just got unlucky this time.

1Aussie
02-21-2008, 05:26 PM
thats does suck, the flowers you got from Walmart are carnations & they last a lot longer than roses anyway, but the roses were pretty shabby looking, yeah, I would demand a refund.

Gutpiler_Utahn
02-21-2008, 05:56 PM
That does suck. I went through a small local place for a lady friend near Price. I specifically asked for a yellow/orange variation of the tigerlilly that my friend liked and they sent the purple variation. :frustrated:

Jaxx
02-22-2008, 08:44 AM
thats does suck, the flowers you got from Walmart are carnations & they last a lot longer than roses anyway, but the roses were pretty shabby looking, yeah, I would demand a refund.

I knew that the carnations are supposed to last longer but the roses were dying pretty quickly. I will call proflowers and let you guys know what happens

Rev. Coyote
02-22-2008, 02:17 PM
And tell them Sean Hannity sent you.

I don't think props from a known terrorist will get you better treatment...

Rev. Coyote
02-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Must be a "thing." We tried 1800flowers.com, and they suck ass too. We tried to get a refund through customer service (in goddamn Calcutta) and they blew us off. NEVER again. Just google the nearest florist to your intended target and have them deliver something.

jumar
02-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Must be a "thing." We tried 1800flowers.com, and they suck ass too. We tried to get a refund through customer service (in goddamn Calcutta) and they blew us off. NEVER again. Just google the nearest florist to your intended target and have them deliver something.
I didn't like 1800flowers either.

asdf
02-25-2008, 11:34 AM
so.... did you call?

Rented mule
02-26-2008, 11:25 PM
I got my mother back east so flustered that she hung up on me!
So, to make it nice, I sent a dozen roses from proflowers.com.
They sucked really bad. They shipped frozen in a FED EX truck, I believe and got delivered to the home and when my mom took them out of the box, the petals began to fall all over her kitchen floor. The more she tried to save them, the more they littered her table and kitchen floor.
She read the card and started to bawl. She called to tell me to not waste my money like that ever again! Now, she was pissed off at me and the posie company. How's a bad son supposed to win? So, I called them and they re-delivered them to her and called me upon receipt to make sure they were ok. All went well. But, it never should have happened.

Here's why: They no longer call your local florist and get something made fresh from there. They are kits that come refrigerated from some warehouse and in a dark, cold fedex box or whomever the shipper is and
if someone is not home in the half ring the deliverer who is in a huge huge rush, they leave them to freeze on the front porch. This was not our case. My mother answered the door. But, the customer service rep was awesome! They offered to call my bi-polar Nazi mom and apologize to her themselves. not a smart idea, I warned. She's as cross as a wet hen on a good day. Stay far back from that. I know.

So, all is well again. I used them again for flowers for my sister in a hospital and they were perfect! Good luck!

P.S. I go in and out of the will.....I'm back in....heheh for now...

Jaxx
02-27-2008, 08:38 AM
so.... did you call?

Finally got around to calling them. The CS rep was really nice and she offered to replace or refund. I didn't feel right getting a refund for a gift for my wife so I had them send her out some more. The original order was for 12 roses with 8 for free. The girl said she would send out 2 dozen this time. They are being delivered on Friday so I will let you guys know how it goes.

Rented mule
02-27-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh! now I remember. When they re-delivered them, they did it for free.
Except the dely charge. so, most of the purchase price got refunded back to me and I only paid delivery and mom got her posies....all was well again.

I did use them again and it went well. But, if I were making a true love impression, I would probably go down to the flower shop IN MY TOWN and get something nice. That way, I know it didn't come from some warehouse. Some things aren't worth chancing, eh? Especially when it comes from the heart. We're sensitive guys and this sh** bette be right the first time, right? Last thing I want is to look bad.

Rented mule
02-27-2008, 04:05 PM
Oh! now I remember. When they re-delivered them, they did it for free.
Except the dely charge. so, most of the purchase price got refunded back to me and I only paid delivery and mom got her posies....all was well again.

I did use them again and it went well. But, if I were making a true love impression, I would probably go down to the flower shop IN MY TOWN and get something nice. That way, I know it didn't come from some warehouse. Some things aren't worth chancing, eh? Especially when it comes from the heart. We're sensitive guys and this sh** better be right the first time, right? Last thing I want is to be stressed out about someone's lack of ability to do their job. That stuff ain't cheap, either.

Elton John spends over 1/4 million dollars per year sending flowers to friends and such....wow!

Jaxx
03-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Got the replacement flowers on Friday early in the morning. The customer service lady thought mabey they got frozen the first time because they were delivered a little late. The wife was disappointed at how they looked when she opened the box. She took off the pedals on the outside but it didn't really help.
I'm not going to call them to get a refund, but next time I will buy from a local shop where I can pick out the flowers that I want. Plus the proflowers didn't come with any extra filler stuff to make the bouquet look bigger and more expensive.

still two thumbs down for me.