PDA

View Full Version : Local Firearms Training

jumar
02-20-2008, 06:57 AM
I noticed there are a few local places that do firearm training for a good price. Anyone tried any local ones? I really like frontsite, but don't always want to go to Vegas and I'm running out of the cheap certificates to take their courses. Their normal prices are steep.

Here's one I found
http://www.strategictacticalgroup.com/

Their building clearing class sounds kind of cool

jumar
02-20-2008, 07:10 AM
With so many of our group getting our CCP, this course might be a good one.
[quote]Advanced Tactics for Concealed Carry:

We now have our Advanced Tactics for Concealed Carry course. This course will be shot from the concealed carry position only. Every piece of gear you use should be the same you carry day to day. The range time will cover Close Range Engagements, Multiple Target Engagements, Cover, Shooting from Cover, and with drawl from the engagement. We will also discuss weapon retention, and Close Quarter Battle (CQB) tactics. This course is designed for those that already have a Concealed Firearms Permit, however if you would like to attend the class and do not possess a Concealed Firearms Permit we can arrange for you to receive the necessary training for you to get your Concealed Firearms Permit as part of this course. Cost for this class is $75 with a deposit of $65 required to reserve each student

tapehoser
02-20-2008, 08:17 AM
I have taken the Adavanced Pistol course from Strategic and they were GREAT. They also came and taught my Venture Scouts a basic pistol course for free. All these guys have real world experience in either law enforcement or military.

And yes, the house clearing stuff is a lot of fun.

Wasatch
02-20-2008, 08:53 AM
I got my CCW from Chris. I also should be at next months Advanced Pistol. Great training.

jumar
02-21-2008, 06:50 PM
I think I'll give it a try. Sure nice to have something closer than vegas and more affordable. I'm not sure i can make it to the advanced course in march. Front sight never did send me my cert of completion, so I need ot track that down so I can skip the basic course.

jumar
02-22-2008, 02:33 PM
Just for clarification when it says:
"Cost for this class is $65 with a non-refundable deposit of $50 to reserve your slot." that's $50 up front, then you pay the other $15 to take the course right? It's not $115 (deposit and the course cost)?

Wasatch
02-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Just for clarification when it says:
"Cost for this class is $65 with a non-refundable deposit of $50 to reserve your slot." that's $50 up front, then you pay the other $15 to take the course right? It's not $115 (deposit and the course cost)?

Right, total is $65, $50 up front, $15 the day of.

jumar
02-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Awesome price! I'll have to take some of their courses.