PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Zion in the Snow 02/2008

Felicia
02-14-2008, 09:24 PM
I finally got to see "Zion in the Snow" this past weekend. After viewing Tom and Bo's pictures of the prior weekend, we decided that we needed to get to Zion.

It was easy to recruit some friends and we left at 5am on Saturday morning. I love road trips! By noon we were eating breakfast/lunch at Oscar's.

We spent the afternoon driving/hiking around and taking pictures. We stopped by the trail head to Observation Point and quickly decided that our friends were not ready for this adventure. Pizza Noodle is my favorite, thus we dined there for supper.

We had made plans to meet up with Bo and Tanya on Sunday morning and hike to Observation Point. So on Sunday morning, we drove over to Weeping Rock parking lot. I did not get to meet Tanya as she was sick, but got to say Hi to Bo. It is always nice to see Bo and we politely bowed out of the day's plan and went over to check out Emerald Pools.

The trail was too icy and we had to turn back. There was a large water fall from Heaps Canyon.

After shopping a bit at ZAC, we headed back towards SoCA via Valley of Fire State Park and supper in Vegas. Got home at 10pm - plenty of time to be up at 5am for work on Monday. :-)

We took over 400 pictures, I tried to pick a couple of interesting ones:

Scott Card
02-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Very cool. Thanks for posting! :2thumbs:

LJ
02-14-2008, 10:39 PM
Can't believe that I missed you all! Great pictures as always. Had more snow on the ground in Springdale this morning but hopefully that will be all for awhile!

Lin

oldno7
02-15-2008, 06:21 AM
nice pictures Felicia.
Snow in Zion is incredible but it sure screws up the hiking plans.
I've got at least 6 places I want to hike on the east side that require far less snow.

tanya
02-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Very nice lady! I am so sorry I missed you, but we will get together again one of these days. :five: