PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Climbing at The Front?

gonzo
02-11-2008, 01:39 PM
I just joined The Front so I can do a bit of climbing during my lunch breaks and after work. Well, "climbing" is a bit of an overstatement - more like flailing between grips. Anyway, is anyone else climbing there? I'd love to meet up with someone so I don't feel like such an outcast climbing by myself.

jumar
02-11-2008, 06:30 PM
I've never climbed there. Looks sweet though. How much to join?

gonzo
02-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Membership is fairly expensive, something like $50/month. But, I replaced my 24 Hour membership with a climbing club membership, and haven't looked back. If you just want to climb on occasion you can buy a day pass for $15.

I have a few guest passes if you're interested.

jumar
02-12-2008, 10:36 AM
I've been trying to get my ducks in a row to build a climbing wall in my backyard for sometime. I had one in jr high. I think it'll help a lot to climb on something on a regular basis.

gonzo
02-12-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm drawing up plans right now to finish my garage, and I'm thinking about putting in a climbing wall. My garage is a detached unit, with a gabled roof. So I could build a climbing wall on the inside, and do an overhung section in the attic space of the roof. Might be kinda cool.

jumar
02-12-2008, 12:47 PM
That sounds cool :2thumbs:

neumannbruce
02-19-2008, 05:58 AM
I'm usually in the gym tuesday & thursday evenings 4-6ish, & saturday typically earlier in the day. I won't be in until Saturday - maybe thursday as I just got back from a 3 dayer at the Creek.