PDA

View Full Version : A poor lost tent in Joe's Valley

millsclimber
02-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Hi all,

Maybe this isn't worthy of a new topic to some but we just (last night 2/8) lost a pretty brand new VE25 North Face Mountaineering tent in an insane windstorm :frustrated:. We still have the footprint and the rain fly but the body and poles are flying somewhere around the reservoir at Joe's.

If anyone sees it - dead or alive - would you contact me?

Thanks,

Austin

jumar
02-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Made it down to joe's finally just to lose your tent, eh? That sucks!

millsclimber
02-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah it does suck. We didn't even get any climbing in cause we didn't have anywhere to sleep. All we really did is spend an hour pulling a truck out of a 4 ft snow drift. Oh well...he got something out of it. He didn't have to sleep in his truck in the cold. The ice is absolutely huge. Even the ampitheater is in finally. Thinking about getting back down during the middle of the week. Wanna come?

Austin

jumar
02-09-2008, 08:22 PM
Middle of the week? Can't take work off. :frustrated:

I might go down and check out that climb near Kanab that climbinghalfdome has posted a pick of.
although if amphitheater is in, I wouldn't mind trying that too on saturday...hmmmm

climbinghalfdome
02-10-2008, 07:48 AM
If your choosing between Kanab and Joes valley, Joes would win hands down. I spent all day at the local ice and had a ton of fun, but I wish I'd gone to Joes.
Kanab's update can be found on the deep southern ice thread.
Kevin
I get off work weekdays at 4 and I'd love to cruse to Joes yet I think its too far to be worth it.
Heading to Red Rocks this 3 day weekend.

jumar
02-10-2008, 08:40 AM
The main appeal to me about the kanab routes is just that I've never been there climbing. I've been to joe's a lot.

millsclimber
02-10-2008, 04:11 PM
I've never done anything in kanab either. That's a heck of a drive at least from utah/salt lake valley. If I go mid-week I'll post some pics. Otherwise, maybe we should talk about going down Friday night or Saturday. I also want to finally get to the top of the stairway one of these days. I was up there yesterday afternoon and it's as big as I've seen it in a long time too.

climbinghalfdome
02-10-2008, 04:46 PM
My regular climbing partner here in Kanab owns a motel here in Kanab. The place is called "Red Rock Country Inn" his name is Dave and wife is Emily. Rates are already some of the lowest in town ($35/night) the rooms are clean, Mini-frige, WIFI, mircowave, and hot tub. If you mention my name and your a climber (ICE CLIMBER) he could cut you a deal.
Kevin

jumar
02-10-2008, 05:07 PM
My regular climbing partner here in Kanab owns a motel here in Kanab. The place is called "Red Rock Country Inn" his name is Dave and wife is Emily. Rates are already some of the lowest in town ($35/night) the rooms are clean, Mini-frige, WIFI, mircowave, and hot tub. If you mention my name and your a climber (ICE CLIMBER) he could cut you a deal.
Kevin
That's good to know. :2thumbs: