PDA

View Full Version : Imlay Poster Photo Contest - ready for voting!

ratagonia
02-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks to Ryan Cornia figuring out how to set up a gallery with voting, it is my pleasure to announce that the pics are up for your viewing pleasure at:

http://outdoorzen.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=14

Partly it has taken a lot of time because there were 50 submissions, and a lot of them were good. So my plan for an easy voting system would not have worked. Very special thanks to everyone who submitted photographs.

PLEASE RATE EACH IMAGE FROM ONE TO FIVE STARS. Versions of the pictures up to 900 pixels wide or tall are available by clicking around. Do not worry about how YOUR scale of quality matches other people's scale of quality - because it all sorts out in the end.

I realize many people will not be able to view and vote on all the photos in one sitting. You can always come back and start where you left off.

The system does not protect against Chicago-style voting (ie, vote early, vote often). Please vote only once. We use the honor system, please be honorable.

As stated previously, the top 5 photos from voting will win a prize, and I will pick a winner for the poster from them.

Thanks for your patience, and enjoy the pics!

Tom

ratagonia
03-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks to everyone who submitted images. It was great to see photos
from so many different places in the world and in the US of A.

Final results are posted here:

http://www.canyoneeringusa.com/rave/index.php

Thanks

Tom

stefan
03-04-2008, 12:01 PM
:hail2thechief: :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief:
:hail2thechief: :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief:
:hail2thechief: :hail2thechief:
:hail2thechief:

Iceaxe
03-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Hey Dan, is that picture from our trip to Zion last summer? I'm thinking that's Mike and I hanging from the ropes and Adam in the foreground.... but I could be wrong....

:five:

There were some really sweet pictures entered in the contest. :2thumbs:

tanya
03-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey Dan, is that picture from our trip to Zion last summer? I'm thinking that's Mike and I hanging from the ropes and Adam in the foreground.... but I could be wrong....

:five:

There were some really sweet pictures entered in the contest. :2thumbs:

I think Shane makes a great Model.... :five:

Way to go Dan! What a photo!!!

All.................. Those finalist shots are incredible!!!

CarpeyBiggs
03-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah, it was from our trip last year. I think it's actually Nelsonccc and Justin on the ropes. I'm almost certain the guy on the right is Christian, it could be you on the left. Definitely Adam in the water.

There were some awesome shots. Eric's is pretty sick, but my favorite was the one from Nepal, rapping down the waterfall with all the vibrant greens all around. Very cool seeing all the different areas. :2thumbs:

tanya
03-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Justin? As in Rock Gremlin.... :mrgreen:

At least he kept his clothes on for it. :lol8:

CarpeyBiggs
03-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Wait, Justin was in the water holding all of my stuff over his head to keep it dry (I guess the photo should be a double credit, thanks Justin). It probably is you and Mike. I'll have to look at a higher resolution version to see who is who.

rockgremlin
03-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Yup -- that's me holding your gear above my head beside you.

You owe me... :lol8:

Congratulations Dan - you deserve it!

CarpeyBiggs
03-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Yup -- that's me holding your gear above my head beside you.

You owe me... :lol8:

Congratulations Dan - you deserve it!

I'll pay you back... As soon as you get into your permanent house, you let me know.

tanya
03-04-2008, 02:06 PM
Who is Mike?

Alex
03-04-2008, 02:13 PM
I rapped with nelsonslc, the bastard said "Watch this" and jumped from 20-30 feet, while I was still dangling on the line (double rappel) :lol8:

Iceaxe
03-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I rapped with nelsonslc, the bastard said "Watch this" and jumped from 20-30 feet, while I was still dangling on the line (double rappel) :lol8:

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Ya got to keep your eyeball on that fella....

Iceaxe
03-04-2008, 03:15 PM
Gee Tanya... We invited you over to join our merry band for this canyon but you told us you had to clean the hamster cage or something like that. :haha:

CarpeyBiggs
03-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Mike is Kyrell.

tanya
03-04-2008, 08:07 PM
Who is Mike?

Moyes

Gee Tanya... We invited you over to join our merry band for this canyon but you told us you had to clean the hamster cage or something like that. :haha:

Dang! :ne_nau: Looks fun!

I will try not to say no so much. Everyone keeps saying that same thing to me. :twisted:

Alex
03-04-2008, 08:43 PM
Ya honestly tanya, I mean the best looking studs got together and you missed out... shame on you. We even had some R-rated action going on too!

Sombeech
03-04-2008, 09:04 PM
Ya honestly tanya, I mean the best looking studs got together and you missed out... shame on you. We even had some R-rated action going on too!

R rated action with studs.... maybe I won't go to the noobfest this year.

tanya
03-05-2008, 06:50 AM

R rated action with studs.... maybe I won't go to the noobfest this year.

You must be in a mellow mood... usually you would be joining the studs in the R-rated action. :lol8:

Iceaxe
03-05-2008, 07:38 AM

http://www.executershome.de/seiten/zeugs/antwort-links/gaydar.jpg

nelsonccc
03-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Yeah, it was from our trip last year. I think it's actually Nelsonccc and Justin on the ropes. I'm almost certain the guy on the right is Christian, it could be you on the left. Definitely Adam in the water.

There were some awesome shots. Eric's is pretty sick, but my favorite was the one from Nepal, rapping down the waterfall with all the vibrant greens all around. Very cool seeing all the different areas. :2thumbs:

Oh its me allright. I'd recognize that burly ass and beat up red backpack anywhere. Congratulations Dan. Great Photo. I might have to get me a high resolution copy of that sucker.

nelsonccc
03-05-2008, 06:46 PM

It was my rope. I thought you looked like a solid counterweight. Easily outweighing me by 50 lbs. wink, wink.

You were completely safe, if i remember correctly the biner block was on my side so i could jump all the way down into the water.

nelsonccc
03-05-2008, 06:47 PM

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Ya got to keep your eyeball on that fella....

It takes both eyeballs.

Alex
03-05-2008, 08:20 PM

It was my rope. I thought you looked like a solid counterweight. Easily outweighing me by 50 lbs. wink, wink.

You were completely safe, if i remember correctly the biner block was on my side so i could jump all the way down into the water.

No dude, everything was fine :2thumbs: caught me by surprise is all, we had all the water at the bottom so even if I slipped it would have been a soft landing. I wish we got it on film though and my face reaction as you went down :lol8: