PDA

View Full Version : Gun Control

Iceaxe
02-08-2008, 10:38 AM
A LITTLE GUN HISTORY

Thought you might appreciate this . .

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million "educated" people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control = 56 million.

It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced, by new law, to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in:

List of 7 items: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and now only the criminals still have their guns!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins, home invasion robberies (with the people still at home) and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has so drasticly decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns.

The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

With guns, people are 'citizens'.

Without them, they are 'subjects'.

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind them of this history lesson.

:rifle:

CarpeyBiggs
02-08-2008, 10:50 AM
And the next time someone brings up this argument, remind them exactly what constitutes a causal relationship.

The Jews in Germany were not killed because they didn't have guns. Nor would guns have stopped the holocaust.

Iceaxe
02-08-2008, 11:27 AM
The Jews in Germany were not killed because they didn't have guns.

True

Nor would guns have stopped the holocaust.

That is open for debate.

:popcorn:

Reedus
02-08-2008, 11:58 AM
No guns? Then I would have to resort to the golf club method to kill bunnies. Next to impossible in the daytime, but a spotlight at night brings them running to you.

trackrunner
02-08-2008, 01:20 PM
So what does this say about the US government implementing gun control in Iraq and giving them universal health care?
:haha:

shagster
02-11-2008, 07:45 PM
No guns? Then I would have to resort to the golf club method to kill bunnies. Next to impossible in the daytime, but a spotlight at night brings them running to you.

You can also chase them down on your motorcycle and boot them, this is very challenging, but funny as hell when some one crashes at 60 MPH in the desert. I will have to get some video of this in March..

JP
02-11-2008, 08:44 PM
The Jews in Germany were not killed because they didn't have guns. Nor would guns have stopped the holocaust.
Right, they were killed because they were Jews.
I'm sure the holocaust would have marched on; but I'd rather die fighting than standing around, taking a bullet and falling into a dirt hole. Hitler would have needed a different plan on taking people from their homes.

Reedus
02-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Ive tried on the motorcyle, but the problem I ran up against is those speedy little bastards can cut almost 90 degrees at full speed. Try that on a 450 at 50 mph and down you go. The best set up: Yamaha Rhino wtih all the restrictions taken out so it will go 60 mph. One guy drives. Passenger mans the 2 million candlepower spotlight with one hand and the glock in the other. Two more guys in the back with a combo of 12 gauge for the shortrange and a .22-250 for the ones way out there. Everyone plays. Driver gets to try and run them down before the other 3 blast the hell out of them. Quite a riot. :five:

CarpeyBiggs
02-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Now it all makes sense. I always wondered what all those crazy tracks were out in the desert, cutting this way and that, yet going nowhere. I should've figured it was a bunch of rednecks cappin' jacks.

stefan
02-12-2008, 12:28 PM
if you're going to run around on your metal horses, keep it to the legally designated tracks.

the desert's already been spoiled enough

Reedus
02-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Nope, my tracks are all legal where I go run them down. Bunnies do exist here and there out in the desert, but the concentrated population exist on alphalpha and wheat fields where the stubble is just high enough to hide in. No cedar trees or rocks to doge.