PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch UFC?

Deathcricket
02-04-2008, 08:53 AM
And if so, do you access the "fantasy" section? It's my first time doing so. I didnt get a lot right, but "nailed" the main event. Woohoo!

What's your score?

live2ride
02-04-2008, 10:54 AM
I never miss a UFC fight, this time I felt like I got my money worth. Some great fighters are coming up and the divisions are full of talent. Lesner is going to be hard to beat if he works on his ground game and getting out of submissions, Mirr is lucky that he didn't get a hole knocked in his head. Fantasy UFC will be for the next card, I didn't get a chance to do it before the fights!!

Deathcricket
02-04-2008, 11:53 AM
Totally agreed on the Lessnar thing(s). That guy hits frigging hard. i was quite worried for Mir. Once he learns some submit defense he will be a force to be reconed with. Very impressive 1st fight no doubt. He'll be back and win for sure.

I was a little pissed about the ref knocking him a point for the "back of the head". Total B.S. He didnt do it on purpose and should have just gotten a warning. Oh well..

The other main fight was awesome also. Silvia was one of my faves back in the day, but lately he's been really boring to watch. This fight he was definately back though. So even losing, he got my respect for going after the guy with a vengance.

Next time it's on!!! I think it's March 1st, you can put your choices in now, but I'm going to wait a bit since I'm not super familiar with all the fighters. I can for sure say I'm going with "the spider" for the main bout. That guy is an animal.

JP
02-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Two people standing toe to toe beating the snot out of each other is my kind of contact sport :2thumbs: That's the only kind :haha: I've been following the UFC since it's inception, before the weight limits. I remember when boxers stepped into the Octagon wearing their gloves :haha:

Lesner is going to be a force to reckon with, just not yet. Not because of his lack of a ground game; but his lack of experience in this type of fighting. He has a pretty good ground game, ground and pound. Something due to his size he is able to do. I have no idea why Mazzigotti stopped and deducted a point for an obvious accidental back of the head blow. Lesner had full side and head control there and I believe he would have ended the fight with a few more blows. Mir was not expecting that type of explosiveness. Right now Lesner will have issues with heavyweights like the Mir's and Gonzaga's due to their excellent submission tactics. As far as other heavyweights like the Silvia's who rely on a "knockout" type tactic are in for a rude awakening. He needs to keep in mind and beware of the submissions, well, not so much to arm submissions :haha: He knocked Mir down with one blow, I think he proved he could hit :mrgreen:

live2ride
02-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Two people standing toe to toe beating the snot out of each other is my kind of contact sport :2thumbs: That's the only kind :haha: I've been following the UFC since it's inception, before the weight limits. I remember when boxers stepped into the Octagon wearing their gloves :haha:

Lesner is going to be a force to reckon with, just not yet. Not because of his lack of a ground game; but his lack of experience in this type of fighting. He has a pretty good ground game, ground and pound. Something due to his size he is able to do. I have no idea why Mazzigotti stopped and deducted a point for an obvious accidental back of the head blow. Lesner had full side and head control there and I believe he would have ended the fight with a few more blows. Mir was not expecting that type of explosiveness. Right now Lesner will have issues with heavyweights like the Mir's and Gonzaga's due to their excellent submission tactics. As far as other heavyweights like the Silvia's who rely on a "knockout" type tactic are in for a rude awakening. He needs to keep in mind and beware of the submissions, well, not so much to arm submissions :haha: He knocked Mir down with one blow, I think he proved he could hit :mrgreen:

This was a hot topic today on sherdog (great fighting site) radio, they said it was a legit poit because of how hard he was hitting, and hits ans that it could have seriously hurt him.

JP
02-04-2008, 07:13 PM
This was a hot topic today on sherdog (great fighting site) radio, they said it was a legit poit because of how hard he was hitting, and hits ans that it could have seriously hurt him.
It still was unintentional, therefore it shouldn't have been a stop in action nor a point deduction. He hit him once there and was in the process of readjusting his next onslaught. It wasn't his fault that Mir moved his head to where he did during that pounding. I've seen people strike the back of the head on numerous occasions and only got warnings in the past. Mazzigotti was wrong with that decision; it changed the outcome of that fight. Even Rogan commented on how that call was the wrong one. Ref's should not be rewriting rules when it pertains to certain fighters. His size does not make it legit, a heavyweight in that class is a heavyweight and should be subjected to the same rules and scrutiny. If they feel there should be a super heavyweight class to include fighters his size, then make another class. But don't be deducting points and temporarily having stoppage in the action for an unintentional blow, especially one and when the beatee puts himself in that position. How good a strategy that will be when the next beatee falls into the same scenario; "Oh no, Lesner is pummeling me, let me turn my head so the Ref can save me", bull$hit.

Deathcricket
02-27-2008, 07:20 PM
Hey just a quick reminder it's this weekend. Go and register, it's free. Then on Monday we can all compare cock sizes.... Errrr I mean our UFC scores and find out who's is bigger.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10430

live2ride
02-27-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey just a quick reminder it's this weekend. Go and register, it's free. Then on Monday we can all compare cock sizes.... Errrr I mean our UFC scores and find out who's is bigger.

http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10430

Everyone at my office is doing the fantasy pool and my boss is actually a proud owner of front 2nd row seats for the fight. I will get some pics from it and post them!! I will post my fantasy score also.