PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report TR - Slickrock February 2008

fourtycal
02-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Me, Greyhair biker and ride-on had this trip to Moab planned for several weeks and in Utah you can never plan around the weather so we were going snow or shine.
This trip the weather only gave us a little break and we took full advantage. We woke up Saturday morning to Snow so we wasted time until it quit then hit the trail. It was an adventure for sure. I enjoyed every minute of it and I think Greyhair biker and Ride-on did as well except for Greyhairs broken rib and ride-ons torn up armpit.

Just as a warning, riding slickrock in the snow is dangerous, doing so may result in injury or death.

So here are some pictures that tell the story.

accadacca
02-03-2008, 05:33 PM
You guys are nutz. . . :hail2thechief:

shlingdawg
02-03-2008, 08:14 PM
INSANITY!!!

You guys are nucking futs!!!!! :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Cirrus2000
02-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Dayum, hardcore!

:hail2thechief:

live2ride
02-03-2008, 09:23 PM
I hope you get feeling better Greyhair, what shitty weather!!!

Sombeech
02-04-2008, 09:49 AM
You got big brass frozen juevos.

Nicely done.

greyhair biker
02-04-2008, 10:26 AM
awe....we had a ball! ....whats a cracked rib anyway. Doing fine and would probably do it again, but I think Id wait for the snow to melt off better :lol8:
What Fourtycal didnt tell you was that after the few miles back to the truck, we went looking for a few geocaches & hiked up part of Fins N Things and then went down into town hunting along the ridge below SandFlats area for a cache, where we spotted two other hardcore bikers bombing down a trail we'd never knew was there so we hiked UP it and discovered an AWESOME downhill trail that we've GOT to do sometime...locals know the trail but its not on the map we're sure...all in all a good trip :2thumbs:

fourtycal
02-04-2008, 05:21 PM
[quote="greyhair biker"] we hiked UP it and discovered an AWESOME downhill trail that we've GOT to do sometime quote]

And a few pics of the secret trail.

Teleken
02-06-2008, 09:50 AM
That's crazy riding with some kind of lobster boy freak.

Did you still have to pay to get in Sand Flats?

fourtycal
02-06-2008, 11:58 AM
That's crazy riding with some kind of lobster boy freak.

Did you still have to pay to get in Sand Flats?

There was no one at the pay station, if there were I would have bought another season pass. Instead (after debating a bit) we used self-pay, and good thing we did cause later in the day we saw the law up by Fins-N-Things. I am sure she drove past the rig while we were out riding.

greyhair biker
02-06-2008, 07:16 PM
...just a side note...Im a gettin no sympathy at work or anywhere else for the broken rib...not that I expected it but Ive been working with it underground this week and getting more kidding than anything else, especially after the pictures are viewed :lol8: :popcorn: