PDA

View Full Version : Tannerite vs Old Camper - VIDEO & PHOTOS

Reedus
01-05-2008, 06:24 PM
I have a couple of cases of the stuff. Bought it direct from Daniel Tanner himself out of Oregon. It is cool to shoot, but even cooler to find stuff to blow up with it. Keep posted the next couple of weeks for a documented destruction of an old camper via tannerite.

jumar
01-25-2008, 05:19 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SZC_JdcVfw4

Very cool!!!!! :popcorn: :2thumbs: :haha: :nod: :roflol:

shlingdawg
01-25-2008, 08:29 PM
I would have edited out the girlish laughing.

accadacca
01-25-2008, 09:18 PM
I would have edited out the girlish laughing.
:kboom: :jump_nutt:

Reedus
01-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Had to be there. The laughing could not be helped. Sorry I sound like a girl. As for editing... I couldn't even post the damn thing on here without the help of Jumar. Editing video: way over my head.

P.S - that was only a 2 liter bottle of the stuff. Keep posted for a full gallon jug o' tanny.

Reedus
01-26-2008, 05:52 PM
More pics fo the destruction...

jumar
01-26-2008, 07:10 PM
How much tannerite did you use?

accadacca
01-26-2008, 07:15 PM
P.S - that was only a 2 liter bottle of the stuff. Keep posted for a full gallon jug o' tanny.
BRING IT! :gloom: :lol-lol:

Reedus
01-27-2008, 07:00 AM
They send the stuff to you in 1/2 pound bottles and 1 lb. bottles. It took 4 of the 1lb bottles to fill up a 2 liter bottle. Next one will be around nine bottles of the 1lbers in a gallon jug unless I can find a bigger container.

Sombeech
01-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Awesome! How much does this stuff cost?

Reedus
01-27-2008, 05:32 PM
It is 80 bucks for a case. You can order it in a case of 1/2 lbers of 20 bottles or a case of 10 1 lbers. The two liter bottle took 4 of the 1 lbers. Worth every penny

COUNTRYBOY
01-27-2008, 06:03 PM
:2thumbs: Very cool can't wait till this summer so I can get into the ranch and try some of that myself. :mrgreen:

ExpUt
01-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Where was that at? Looks like somewhere near Five Mile Pass?

CarpeyBiggs
01-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Looks like fun. Probably a bitch to clean up though, right?

Sombeech
01-28-2008, 06:26 AM
Looks like fun. Probably a bitch to clean up though, right?

1 match does the trick nicely. Watch for that video too....

Reedus
01-28-2008, 08:43 AM
The wheels are still attached to the camper as well as the 5th wheel hitch just in case the owner decides to come reclaim it. Although I have no clue why he would "store" it clear out in the middle of the west desert. Either way, it is in need of some serious rennovation. We went ahead and took the inititative and gutted it out. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
01-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Although I have no clue why he would "store" it clear out in the middle of the west desert.

I'd love to see his face when he pulls up carrying his cooler to the trailer for a weekend. :lol8:

CarpeyBiggs
01-28-2008, 01:48 PM
The wheels are still attached to the camper as well as the 5th wheel hitch just in case the owner decides to come reclaim it. Although I have no clue why he would "store" it clear out in the middle of the west desert. Either way, it is in need of some serious rennovation. We went ahead and took the inititative and gutted it out. :2thumbs:

So you blew up a camper that you didn't own, in the middle of the desert, and failed to clean up any part of the mess?

Sombeech
01-28-2008, 06:31 PM
So you blew up a camper that you didn't own, in the middle of the desert, and failed to clean up any part of the mess?

You're missing the point... It was TANNERITE!!!

Sombeech
01-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKdQ_GruBZY

CarpeyBiggs
01-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Nah 'Beech, this one is better. I think it is from a uutah tannerite shoot out last summer. You guys are awesome! Make sure to invite me next time. :2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1340KWWyS4Y

Reedus
01-29-2008, 09:53 AM
Camper wasn't mine. Did I blow it up? Yes! Did I clean up the mess after the tanny? No! Do I give a rats ass that the mess is still there? Hell no! But, if you really wanna pitch a fit about Big Carpet Meister, PM me and we'll both go out there, finish it off with the gallon jug o' tanny, and then load the pile onto a flat bed and haul it to the dump. :five:

Jaxx
01-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Camper wasn't mine. Did I blow it up? Yes! Did I clean up the mess after the tanny? No! Do I give a rats ass that the mess is still there? Hell no! But, if you really wanna pitch a fit about Big Carpet Meister, PM me and we'll both go out there, finish it off with the gallon jug o' tanny, and then load the pile onto a flat bed and haul it to the dump. :five:

:eek2:

CarpeyBiggs
01-29-2008, 11:26 AM

Seriously though, why? I mean, binary explosives sound like a lot of fun and all, but why the senseless destruction of property and land? And then celebrating it? Sorry if I am "throwing a fit" but it just makes me mad. This type of stuff happens all over public lands, and I just don't understand it. Why?

If you are serious about cleaning it up, let me know. Where is it?

Sombeech
01-29-2008, 12:46 PM
If you guys go out and clean it up, you're taking a chance of getting caught.

Cirrus2000
01-29-2008, 04:25 PM
If you guys go out and clean it up, you're taking a chance of getting caught.
Apparently that wasn't enough to deter them from blowing the thing up. Might be enough to prevent cleaning it up? Probably...

</cynicism>

Sombeech
01-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Didn't you guys see "No Country For Old Men"? When he went back to give the Mexican some water, that's when it all went wrong.

Reedus
01-30-2008, 08:47 AM

Seriously though, why? I mean, binary explosives sound like a lot of fun and all, but why the senseless destruction of property and land? And then celebrating it? Sorry if I am "throwing a fit" but it just makes me mad. This type of stuff happens all over public lands, and I just don't understand it. Why?

If you are serious about cleaning it up, let me know. Where is it?

So let me get this straight, you are pissed because I destroyed someone else's property and left a mess? For the record, the trailer was not left there to store it. It was abandoned by someone who did not want to pay the fee to take it to the landfill. It was already gutted out and torn apart inside. Rat crap everywhere. The tires were rotted out. What you can't see from the footage is all the rest of the junk strewn around this area. It seems the locals made it into their own dumping ground. You know the scene: washing machines and old car parts that look like they were shot with a dozen automatic rifles. It would take a couple of dump truck loads to clean up the area. What I don't understand is the harm of blowing up abandoned junk with tannerite. It is entertainment to me. Guess it isn't your cup o' tea? As for your "fits" about the abandon junk, take it up with those that left it there.

Reedus
01-30-2008, 09:04 AM
Location: 10 miles south of Fairfield. Then 2 miles west up in a dead end box canyon.

CarpeyBiggs
01-30-2008, 09:12 AM
It was already gutted out and torn apart inside. Rat crap everywhere. The tires were rotted out. What you can't see from the footage is all the rest of the junk strewn around this area. It seems the locals made it into their own dumping ground.

My issue isn't so much about the fact that it was an abandoned trailer, it is your complete lack of respect for the land.

I like to frequent cascade meadows, near the base of Cascade Mountain, usually to do some photography or just some relaxation. The meadow is fenced by a log fence, due to the fragile nature of the place. It seems just about every weekend now, this same type of activity that your are applauding, now happens up there. Even with signs that clearly prohibit these activities. I don't understand why someone would drive up to a beautiful viewpoint, proceed to unload all sorts of junk from their trucks, get out their guns, start shooting it all up, and then leave the mess. Yeah, I've spent plenty of afternoons cleaning up shotgun shells, beer cans, car tires, huge fire rings in the middle of natural meadows, 55 gallon drums, etc...

I've tried to nicely suggest to a group of 19 or 20 year olds that these meadows should not be used as a shooting range, especially considering they have to drive right past the Provo range to get there. And trust me, when trying to talk to people with a bunch of firearms, I try to suggest as nicely as possible. At any rate, they prefer the place because they can sit at the top of the hill, and launch stuff down into the meadows while trying to shoot it. That was their explanation.

Their justification is equally as ignorant as yours is. Doesn't really matter if you owned it or not. We should be cleaning this type of activity up, not promoting it, or making it worse. People also shoot up 'glyphs and raid cultural sites for entertainment. I probably shouldn't, but I can't help but lump those types of people in with you and this type of crowd. Celebrating nonsensical destruction in the name of entertainment? All seems to come from the same camp. Hopefully it doesn't.

It's fine if you want to do it for entertainment. But realize the impact your ignorance is making on others who also want to enjoy the land, and more importantly, your impact on the land itself. The ethic is simple, minimize your impact.

Also, I doubt the "locals" trashed it. People don't tend to destroy their own backyards. They take it to other people's backyards, so they don't have to see it. And then I guess they blow it up. Don't blame the mess on everyone else. Take responsibility for the fact that you left the place in worse condition than you found it.

Unless, of course, that isn't your cup o' tea. Then, just leave it for someone else to clean it up.

Mooseman70
01-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Don't get me wrong.... I enjoy blowing things up as much as the next guy, :haha: but I'm of the opinion that if we're not helping keep our public lands clean, we risk losing our access to them. I'm not down with that.

Maybe this would be a good opportunity for the Bogley community to step up and contact the BLM and see about them assiting in a clean-up of the area. It'd be good publicity. I'm sure that the Geocaching community would participate if invited, too. CITO is good for everybody! :nod:

I used to take my Scout troop up to the closest shooting area back in So Cal and participate in the USFS-sponsored clean-up efforts so the place would stay open for the public to use. The last one we took part it, we removed over 3 tons of rubbish/debris in about 2 hours. I think we had around 100 or so people there, but with it being a group effort, it was pretty quick and the results very noticible.

You stated it was SSW of Fairfield, but would you happen to have the GPS coords for the exact area?

Reedus
01-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Okay, maybe i need to change my attitude. Unlike Big Carpet, I enjoy guns and explosions. Something about a big bang that make me smile and laugh. But at the same time I have to agree on leaving the place better then when I found it. Yes, the surrounding area where the trailer is is worse than when I found it. The ole' tanny did its job. The question is how to get that trailer out of there. The mess can be cleaned up with a flatbed, but that trailer is not capable of being moved without new tires being put on. Any donors? Any body with a fifth wheel hitch?

Reedus
01-30-2008, 09:56 AM
No GPS coordinates. My GPS was stolen

parrothead_madness
01-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Also, I doubt the "locals" trashed it. People don't tend to destroy their own backyards.
Yes, yes they do. It's likely no local will even notice next time they dump a fridge.
The most cost effective cleanup of a place like that usually is a dozer. In a couple of years you wont see any trace of the cleanup. Just the new tires, fridges and stoves.
I've done it.

James_B_Wads2000
02-08-2008, 05:34 PM
It's fine if you want to do it for entertainment. But realize the impact your ignorance is making on others who also want to enjoy the land, and more importantly, your impact on the land itself. The ethic is simple, minimize your impact.

Don't blame the mess on everyone else. Take responsibility for the fact that you left the place in worse condition than you found it.

Unless, of course, that isn't your cup o' tea. Then, just leave it for someone else to clean it up.

OHHHHHHHHHHHH SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn Redus! I think Ol

Reedus
02-08-2008, 07:49 PM
Ya he did in this thread. I can appreciate where he is coming from and have to agree with him. I admit I was wrong to blow the camper up and leave it be.

Bitch-ass huh? Back to your old self James.

Cirrus2000
02-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Ya he did in this thread. I can appreciate where he is coming from and have to agree with him. I admit I was wrong to blow the camper up and leave it be.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Excellent, Reedus! I'm really impressed at your attitude there. So many people would keep on saying the same things over and over, get their backs up against a wall about it.

And I don't totally get the "things that go boom" thing, but I can see how a good explosion could be pretty cool.

I would think that this one would be easier to clean up, being in the middle of a parking lot, in the middle of Salt Lake City:

http://kev.cirruswebsolutions.ca/PhotoAlbum/KevPhotos/Utah/UT200409/20040924/IMG_1666.JPG

JP
02-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Beech, from your vid on, they no longer exist :ne_nau:

asdf
02-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Blowing shit up is pretty fun but what a mess... and on public land. I am rather shocked to see that site admins supporting this considering the ethical standards in the other areas of this site. I few months ago I even had someone make comments about us riding on a muddy trail..... yet destroying private property on public land all while making one hell of a mess is ok?

What if this was posted with a TR in the hiking or canyoneering forums? people would freak.

scoutabout
10-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Can someone post the coordinates of where that trash pile is located?

shlingdawg
10-13-2008, 03:39 PM
A generator, some sawzalls and a big assed dump trailer - along with a handful of man power and this can all be put behind us.

If you do it the week of Thanksgiving - I'm up for a few days of camping/cleaning.

Sombeech
10-17-2008, 09:06 PM
I am rather shocked to see that site admins supporting this considering the ethical standards in the other areas of this site.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x88/Crappage/MOAR.jpg

James_B_Wads2000
10-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Nice avatar dumbass!

James

RugerShooter
10-31-2008, 04:42 PM
:roflol: I don't know how i missed this the first time, but it is damn funny, but yes I do agree it should be cleaned up, you should never leave a mess like that. But o well it was great. I can't wait untill i see you blow up more shit. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
10-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Well hell, if you wanted a gif....

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/Sombeech/tann.gif

Udink
04-10-2009, 12:37 PM
It looks like the camper is still there:

http://www.motoutah.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=30&func=view&catid=9&id=70893

I thought Reedus said it had been cleaned up (http://bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=156587&highlight=#156587)? :ne_nau:

Sombeech
06-30-2009, 01:35 PM
busted :haha:

TheRewster
11-14-2013, 03:02 PM
I guess this is where it all started.
http://www.kutv.com/liveonkutv2/?wap=0/

If I remember right I was flamed pretty good for speaking out on this and my posts were removed and my user name was changed by the admin.

Another proud moment for Bogley.

Sombeech
11-14-2013, 05:39 PM
I guess this is where it all started.
http://www.kutv.com/liveonkutv2/?wap=0/

If I remember right I was flamed pretty good for speaking out on this and my posts were removed and my user name was changed by the admin.

Another proud moment for Bogley.

You probably don't remember right then, no offense. We really try to discourage people from deleting all of their posts and leaving.

Welcome back, by the way, whomever you may be. :2thumbs:

accadacca
11-14-2013, 08:10 PM
Oh the drama... :lol8:

Sombeech
05-26-2014, 06:38 PM
http://youtu.be/UhFew26YJQI

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nelsonccc
05-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Awesome. Shame on the barn wood though. There is actually a pretty lucrative market for weathered wood like that. There are people that travel looking for old barns in order to buy the wood. It's used quite a bit in new residential homes.

Reedus
05-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Video no longer available??? WTF???

accadacca
04-20-2020, 10:20 PM
I’m bringing this old classic thread up to show this video. 3rd time is a charm! Hahahaha

Caddyshack moment! Rlol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNbQkZ7B3QE&feature=youtu.be

oldno7
04-21-2020, 05:31 AM
That actually turned out much better than I thought it would.:roflol:

Sombeech
04-21-2020, 08:44 AM
I’m bringing this old classic thread up to show this video. 3rd time is a charm! Hahahaha

Caddyshack moment! Rlol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNbQkZ7B3QE&feature=youtu.be

I would have loved to see the varmint scramble out from under the rubble.