PDA

View Full Version : Permits?

mrbrejcha
01-26-2008, 03:36 PM
Anybody have some good permits yet or some trips planned? I know I don't yet, but we'll see when the lottery comes around!

mrbrejcha
01-30-2008, 02:30 PM
Whoo hooo! I got a Salt Trip!

I don't know anything about the run, other than it's supposed to have fun III and IV rapids.

Anybody care to give me some details about the run or know a good website that does?

soitgos
02-14-2008, 04:17 PM
I've been on the Salt several times. What would you like to know?

The permit is for the Forest Service section, which is about 20 miles from the put in. the first day or two are on the Apache Indian Reservation and requires a different permit. You can get that on your way to the launch.

It's a long way down there, but it's one of my favorite rivers.

The photo is at Eye of the Needle.

mrbrejcha
02-14-2008, 07:26 PM
HA ha ha, that picture is great!

Apparently I knew a guy who guides the salt and got all the info I think I need. I'm excited now! I'm still trying to get over the fact it is a blizzard in d-town today and I'm going on a river trip in a few weeks!

tanya
02-18-2008, 12:04 PM
I've been on the Salt several times. What would you like to know?

The permit is for the Forest Service section, which is about 20 miles from the put in. the first day or two are on the Apache Indian Reservation and requires a different permit. You can get that on your way to the launch.

It's a long way down there, but it's one of my favorite rivers.

The photo is at Eye of the Needle.

:killen: 100 Posts! You are the number one poster in the River section. I think you should get rewarded! It's on it's way.

soitgos
02-18-2008, 01:05 PM
100 Posts! You are the number one poster in the River section. I think you should get rewarded! It's on it's way.

I . . I . . . I'm speechless. If I had known there were rewards I would have posted more often. :hail2thechief:

tanya
02-18-2008, 02:09 PM
I think instead of 'trail master' your id should say 'river master' !!!!

I like that Master part in particular. :naughty:

soitgos
02-18-2008, 02:55 PM
I think instead of 'trail master' your id should say 'river master' !!!!

I like that Master part in particular. :naughty:

Just like that . . . do you always get what you want?

o.c.utah
02-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Lightning struck and I scored a Yampa permit!

May 25th - High water dory trip! Waahhoooo!

mrbrejcha
02-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Lightning struck and I scored a Yampa permit!

May 25th - High water dory trip! Waahhoooo!

That is awesome. I got shot down for that one again, I haven't been on the Yampa since 2003.

What is a Yampa draw, something like 5%?