PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose my bikes color

live2ride
01-21-2008, 08:11 PM
AlrightI have 3 weeks to determine the color of bike that I am going to go with please help me in this choice. My bike will have some accesories installed from the dealer and will have vance and hines big radius pipes installed (shown below on the matte color) Click on the URL under the photo for the second. i couldn't get it to post.

1. Denim Black (matte)
2. Vivid Black (shiny)

http://www.mickegson.com/sbob1.JPG

http://www.hdtrader.com/display/more.asp?inventoryID=68060&dealerId=272

Click on the above to see the shiny and take note that the bike will have the pipes pictured on the 1st photo.

Thanks.

REDFOX
01-21-2008, 09:10 PM
I like the vivid black. Since this appears to be a one passenger bike, does that mean that the wife gets a sportster also ?

accadacca
01-21-2008, 09:14 PM
Ahhh man dood. I cant/better not comment on the HD bikes. . .sorry. Good luck.

live2ride
01-22-2008, 06:15 PM
Ahhh man dood. I cant/better not comment on the HD bikes. . .sorry. Good luck.

Yeah I was waiting for you to show up and post a little something something.

This bike does have a solo seat but I am getting it with a two up that I can change quick to throw on the sissy bar and bring the wifey along... She doesn't want a motorcycle or I would get her a girls bike to start with, like maybee a beemer. J/K Acca.

fourtycal
01-22-2008, 07:52 PM
I like the matte Black, kinda feels retro. Nice Cruiser :2thumbs:

jfeiro
01-23-2008, 04:14 PM
Ummm....sorry about that man. Hit the wrong button. But really cool bike. A buddy of mine's nephew has one and he raves about it. Last year we all rode out to the Oregon coast and not one complaint.

Give me a holler when up around this area, i'll meet you anywhere. Jim

live2ride
01-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Ummm....sorry about that man. Hit the wrong button. But really cool bike. A buddy of mine's nephew has one and he raves about it. Last year we all rode out to the Oregon coast and not one complaint.

Give me a holler when up around this area, i'll meet you anywhere. Jim

Sounds good, I would like to plan something in early to mid june for a nice long ride or rode trip.

I am leaning towards the vivid black, not to sure that I won't get sick of the denim matte black.

larblah
01-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Hi, New guy here. I got a new superglide last year and put about 5000mi on it. Never had problem. Got vivid black, put the skull chrome stuff on it and some bags. My friend has the vance and hines pipes on his softtail classic. he loves them. we had to trade bikes just so he could hear them from differant angles :haha:

accadacca
01-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Hi, New guy here. I got a new superglide last year and put about 5000mi on it.
Hey larblah, welcome to the bogleyhood. Be sure to formally introduce yourself in the 'newbies" section. Cool to see some new fella's with bikes on here.

I have had my BMW R1150GS for about 20 months and have put 25,000 miles on the clock. :five:

larblah
01-24-2008, 07:49 PM
That's some serious miles. I've heard good thing about BMW's. :2thumbs:

live2ride
01-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi, New guy here. I got a new superglide last year and put about 5000mi on it.
Hey larblah, welcome to the bogleyhood. Be sure to formally introduce yourself in the 'newbies" section. Cool to see some new fella's with bikes on here.

I have had my BMW R1150GS for about 20 months and have put 25,000 miles on the clock. :five:

So are you ready to go riding together???

larblah
01-24-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm always ready for a ride. :cool2:
live2ride I was thinking and one thing I'd like to change is my seat. Maybe get a mustang seat or something. Anyway, something to think about before you put out money the two up seat. Also remember to get your assesories when you buy the bike so they are covered on the warranty. At least the expensive stuff if possable. Willie and Max make some nice, removable bags for a good price.

live2ride
01-24-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm always ready for a ride. :cool2:
live2ride I was thinking and one thing I'd like to change is my seat. Maybe get a mustang seat or something. Anyway, something to think about before you put out money the two up seat. Also remember to get your assesories when you buy the bike so they are covered on the warranty. At least the expensive stuff if possable. Willie and Max make some nice, removable bags for a good price.

Awesome, any links, pics etc for the bags would be great. I am getting my list of accessories written down right now. A seat is going to be on the list, saddlebags, kuryakan mini bullets, Kuryakan rear laydown tail light, laydown license plate etc. I also need a new helmet.. any suggestions.

larblah
01-24-2008, 09:44 PM
http://buywillieandmax.com/ for the bags. I got the kit that lets you take them off real easy too and it works great. Go to Wrights on State and check out their helmets. Take your time on the helmet. Try them all :haha:

larblah
01-24-2008, 09:48 PM
http://buywillieandmax.com/ for the bags. The removable plate setup works great. Wrights on state has good deals on helmets.
Take your time on the helmet. try them all :haha:

jfeiro
01-25-2008, 04:53 AM
Also try Renegade Classic's, the address escapes me right now, like 2900 S. main. in that area. Anyway they have really good deals on helmets and jackets. Jim

jfeiro
01-25-2008, 05:04 AM
Here's a pic of my bike....

live2ride
02-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Sorry I haven't been around for a while, I have been in Jamaica!!!! anyway the pics of the bike looks great and we definetly need to go riding when it clear up. Also thanks for the info on the bags and the helmets that I what I am checking out today!!