PDA

View Full Version : Tanya - these pics are awesome!

TreeHugger
01-21-2008, 01:43 PM
Tanya,

I was looking online for some pics of Angel's Landing since mine seem to have disappeared - a friend of mine was asking what it was like. I came across these photos:
http://www.zionnational-park.com/images/album2/index10.htm
when I noticed the signature in the corner!

These photos are amazing - they so totally capture the essence and feel of the hike and give a really great depiction of what one might be in for when hiking it.

Just thought I'd pass on a Kudos - these are really really great.

Karen.

Rented mule
01-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Way cool! Very nice! This would be a great visual to see for someone who wondered what all was involved in this trail. Most of the pictures are spent looking out at the view. Rarely do you see such great pictures of the trek itself.

accadacca
01-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Tanya is the Zion Goddess. . . :slobber1:

tanya
01-21-2008, 10:15 PM
Awwwwwww :oops:

I can tell that baby is doing MUCH better! :nod:

tanya
01-21-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks! That is what I try to do in my albums since they are about hiking. Rather than trying to do outstanding shots of just a few places on the hike, usually the end, I try and show what the route will look like from start to end.

With Angels Landing I redid it not long ago, because I never saw anything hard about the trail, but had read that for so many it was a major accomplishment to do it and finish it. So Bo and I headed out there on a busy, busy holiday weekend and tried to catch the peoples reactions. There was a lot I missed that I wish I could have got on there.... Like the terrified lady that was doing it with her eyes shut because she could not look. It's a place to go and watch people overcome their fears.... a very special place. :)