PDA

View Full Version : My final decision on a 2008 race bike

LeftyLover
01-21-2008, 08:29 AM
I finally decided! If you didn't already know, I've been stewing over what bike to race this year. I thought about a billion options and settled on one. I'm going to spare you most of the details, but I settled on the Cannondale Rush2 carbon team replica colors. I did it because I wanted an all around bike but still be able to race it. Last year I rode the scalpel and it just wasn't enough travel for the fun weekend trips. I'm hoping to save enough money to also go with a Taurine (carbon hard tail). The Rush is an XTR build and I'm looking forward to trying XTR wheels. I had to purchase Sram shifters and rear D to replace the XT shifters and XTR rear D. So when my bike comes in (hopefully before the 25th) I can replace the Shimano with my new Sram. I will be trying to sell the Shimano stuff.... Brand new Shimano XT Shifters and XTR rear D like I said. I also happen to have a set of 2008 XT hydraulic brakes complete with levers, calipers, rotors, hose and oil, all still in the box. Let me know if you're interested in either. Check out the bike.... remember it will have the team colors (orange black and white) instead of the blue.. The second link will show what the frame looks like, but the first one shows the way it's built up. I can't wait for it to show up..

Tell me what you think..

Hey GREYHAIR! I'm planning on going to St. George on the 26-28 but only if my bike is here before then, if not, maybe I'll head to Moab with you the next weekend because it WILL be here before then.. My first race is March 1 and it's coming up quick so I need to ride.

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cusa/model-8VM2.html

http://www.cannondale.com/bikes/08/cusa/model-8VM1.html

greyhair biker
01-22-2008, 07:19 PM
:five: COOL! You're welcome to ride with us. Just drop me or Fourtycal a line if you can make it. I'm sure we'll have a place for ya to stay if you don't mind roomin with some old farts :lol8:

live2ride
01-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Great choice man, hopefully we can ride together and see that in action, I look forward to the pics and am jelous that I can't ride in January with you down south.

accadacca
01-22-2008, 09:13 PM
if you don't mind roomin with some old farts :lol8:
Hey! :fakelaugh: