PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing the Berry

shagster
01-15-2008, 06:41 PM
We headed up to the Berry on Saturday for ice fishing, boy was it cold. When we pulled into the parking lot at the main marina it was a zoo. I could not beleive how many people were on the ice, I wish I would have taken a picture. Anyways lucky for us we has snowmobiles and we headed across the lake to get away from the crowds. The fishing was pretty slow all day but we ended up catching a few nice fish. I think we ended up landing around 20-25 fish. Well enjoy the pictures...

LOAH
01-17-2008, 07:19 AM
Looks like fun. For you guys...not the fish with the pliers up his gills. :eek2:

Thanks for the pics.

Jaxx
01-17-2008, 09:50 AM
looks awesome. I think I am going to try to get my wife and kids up there soon. Looks a tad cold though. What do you use for bait. I was planning on worm. If you don't want to let out your secret that is cool.

shagster
01-17-2008, 11:01 AM
looks awesome. I think I am going to try to get my wife and kids up there soon. Looks a tad cold though. What do you use for bait. I was planning on worm. If you don't want to let out your secret that is cool.

That day we were just using Ice flies, pearl jigs, and night crawlers or meal worms. Some days that works great, others you have to change it up a bit.

Jaxx
01-17-2008, 11:44 AM

That day we were just using Ice flies, pearl jigs, and night crawlers or meal worms. Some days that works great, others you have to change it up a bit.

sweet. Thanks for the info. I called my wife and told her that I had made weekend plans for us and when she heard "Ice fishing" she said everything about the weekend sounded good except that. I will have to work on her tonight :nod:

Sombeech
01-17-2008, 11:52 AM
I will have to work on her tonight :nod:

Try to convince her to go ice fishing, too.