PDA

View Full Version : Lost my ice virginity to a bunch of guys

LOAH
01-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Went to Rockport Reservoir (UT) today for my first ice fishing trip. I went with a bunch of folks from the UWN (Utahwildlife.net) forum that had planned to meet.

There was less than 2 inches of snow on the ice, the sun was shining, the company was great and the drinks were flowing (in and out :haha: ).

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii272/justisaurusbucket/IMGP1272.jpg

Just don't eat the yellow snow.

The bite was pretty soft, actually REALLY soft. The perch were hugging the bottom in 45ft where we were fishing.

I only managed to ice one perch shortly after my arrival, but I missed about 30 or more. :ne_nau:

I must be new to this, eh? Actually everybody was having a hard time landing fish, but most of us didn't notice. :cheers:

A little bit later, we moved closer to shore hoping to catch some trout (real fish, in my book). The new depth was 24ft and the trout would swim by periodically anywhere from 5-20 ft down. I missed a couple of hits here, too.

I couldn't have asked for a better day to lose my ice virginity and the venue was just fine. It seemed like everyone had a good time and I don't think anyone in our group got skunked.

(On a side note, it was really nice to finally meet some people from that forum. Faces to names.)

Happy Fishing, Humans.

BTW-It took some serious effort to make that pic happen. It was worth the sting. :lol8:

orvis1
01-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Yeah, and I am getting sloppy seconds this weekend!

LOAH
01-18-2008, 03:57 PM
O RLY?

The nelle won't know what hit it by the times we're through with it.

We'd better catch fish or I'll be pissed! :frustrated:

Iceaxe
02-06-2008, 01:47 PM
I tried ice fishing once. Didn't know what to do with the ice after I caught it. Tried to fry it up but flooded the house.

:fishing:

Sombeech
02-06-2008, 03:08 PM
I tried ice fishing once. Didn't know what to do with the ice after I caught it. Tried to fry it up but flooded the house.

:fishing:

You've gotta bake it, you idiot.