PDA

View Full Version : FEBRUARY MOAB RIDE

greyhair biker
01-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Fourtycal and I discovered that we had the time to do a MOAB trip the weekend of FEB 2nd...guess what took precedence over the Frozen Hog Race for me :lol8: Yeah, I know, it wont be too much warmer down there but it WILL be warmer. We havent worked out all the details just yet but Y'ALL ARE INVITED TO JOIN US!!!
....can you say HOTTUB PARTAY?!?!?
This will be a fairly short trip - I will post details as they come :five: :cheers: :ride: :party:

tallsteve
01-09-2008, 02:44 PM
Very tempting, except I'm scheduled to help officiate (like I always do) at the 'Hog'. If they have more than enough volunteers? Hmmm.... What trails are you thinking of riding? They have had snow down there this year.

greyhair biker
01-10-2008, 06:09 AM
We have'nt really talked about it but Id like to ride Sovereign Trail or Baby Steps or something new...'course, one must always try to hit the Slickrock trail if one is in doubt :haha: I dont really care. I gotta ride so bad it's making my teeth itch! :ride: :ride: :rockit:

live2ride
01-10-2008, 10:09 AM
Shit! You had to go that weekend, I will be getting back from Jamaica on the 31st and it's superbowl weekend I believe so as much as I would loooove to go it's going to be to close to me returning from 7 days in some real sun!! :bandit2:

greyhair biker
01-10-2008, 01:14 PM
...checking rooms available right now...looks like no problem...

greyhair biker
01-11-2008, 03:34 PM
I'll have a room by tomorrow. My wife's booking it tonight...looking for a hottub!...Id do it but I am on my last graveyard - YAHOO!

accadacca
01-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Sounds fun. I will have a 2 week old baby at home on the 2nd. So no dice for me on this trip. My wife would say. . .:nono:

greyhair biker
01-12-2008, 02:58 PM
We have a room for Fri & Sat night at the Best Western Greenwell Inn on Main st. :cool2:
We will be heading down Friday after Fourtycal gets off work - should be there around 8pm Fri. Riding Saturday, coming home Sunday sometime.

LeftyLover
01-26-2008, 08:36 AM
GreyHair, what do you think the cost per person will be on this upcoming Moab trip.. meaning just travel and lodging cost? And what way do you get there? I didn't end up going to St. George, but I may go Feb 2, 3, and 4 to really get some miles on my legs. As long as the temp is above 40 and at least partly sunny down there I'll do that, but I'd like to hit Moab too. I'm still debating.

greyhair biker
01-26-2008, 11:33 AM
To be honest, Fourtycal and I dont itemize much because we just figure it out as we go...room & food & gas if we split that up...sometimes one will get the gas and one will get the food & or room. I got the room this time...we havent really decided on gas - depends on who drives. :ne_nau: Sometimes we eat really cheap & sometimes we hit a good meal for dinner. Breakfast??who knows...rarely hit a solid sitdown meal...and lunch depends on where we are...moab diner, wendys, teriyaki stik...we practically live on clifbars, gatorade& fruit & trailmix.
As for route, I'll head to SLC & he & I will meet at his house after he gets off work around 4 or so hopefully. We are ready to go almost immediately & will get down there around 8:30. Either one of us has room in our rigs.

LeftyLover
01-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Right on, I'll have to let you know what I plan on doing as the week progresses, but I'd be up for hitching a ride a splitting cost if I decide to go and you guys are cool with it. But, I still may hit St George because I would be able to spend an extra day. I'll keep you updated.

greyhair biker
02-01-2008, 03:10 AM
YES - we are still on for this trip ya'll. In case anyone still wants to go you can contact me on my shop phone# at 307-875-1445 - which will ring thru on my cell - I'll be on the road by about 8:30 this morning and can be reached all day. We're meeting at Fourtycals' place and leaving around 4:30 or so. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
02-01-2008, 09:31 AM
Have fun, fellas.

greyhair biker
02-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Well, believe it or not we had a good time Saturday. We're gonna wait til we get home to upload pictures....connection here at the hotel is slow, and we have plenty of pics....gotta represent for the peeps! :five:
Got up to snow...big surprise...saturday morning so we decided to hit Moab Diner for an awesome breakfast skillet smothered with their famous green chili. Then we went geocaching for a while....found 4 caches and just before lunch we decided to go check out the Slickrock Bike trail area. Yes, we braved the snow on the rocks! Pictures to come soon! We gotta get out of here while we can...getting ready to go get some breakfast and head out................