PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO - Felt Virtue Mtn bike design

Sombeech
01-07-2008, 07:48 PM
"After nearly three years of extensive testing, evaluation, and R&D, a revolutionary and patented suspension technology named Equilink is born. The magic of the system lies within the red Equillink positioned vertically behind the seat tube. This innovative yet amazingly simple link counteracts weight transfer on its own, allowing the drivetrain to do only what it was meant to do; propel the rider forward. By equalizing the forces of acceleration and rider input, the suspension remains open and active while moving you forward with the greatest efficiency.

Fast - Unrivaled efficiency. No bob. No pedal kickback. Always predictable and consistent. Active in and out of the saddle. Sensitive to the smallest of bumps.

Simple -Tunability is an option -- not a requirement. No hard-to-find sweet spot. Whether it's initial set-up, on the trail adjustment, pro-tuning, and servicing, simplicity is what Equilink delivers.

Finally, a single suspension design platform that possesses it all, and one that can be applied to any riding discipline. Equilink technology has first been employed on our all-new Virtue series of high-performance Endurance/All-Mountain models delivering over 5" (130mm) of amazingly fluid and ultra-efficient travel. And you can be certain than more applications are on the way.

Revolutionary. Patented. Fast & Simple -- THE EQUILINK EXPERIENCE"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrFXtKD9V08

neilether
01-08-2008, 07:39 AM
I purchased one of these back in October and I have loved it so far. Granted I haven't been able to ride it as much as I would have like since old man winter came to town. When I first read these claims, they seemed like they were too good to be true. And they are.......Allow me to clarify. Even though Felt says you don't need to use the Propedal lever on the rear shock, it still does make a noticeable difference in the amount of pedal bob you feel. That being said, I really think that the red equilink bar does help to isolate pedaling forces and provides for a more efficient ride. That in combination with the propedal lever makes for a very efficient uphill ride. I'm sold!! Now if only my legs could handle what the bike is capable of.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h206/neilether/DSCN1401.jpg

cmpbiker
01-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Sounds good but I dont know that it eliminates what I consider the biggest factor in pedal bob, my fat ass pushing up and down on the bike. Pedal induced bob, what they are speaking of, is generated by a varying chain length. This system appears to guarantee that the length will stay stable. The other issue is one of weight pushing down on the pedals as you motivate your bike up that long steep hill. An obvious example is when you stand and push down in a high torque situation. If you are doing what you should be doing then you should be making circles and spreading the pedal load to both feet which would help with the situation. I think one of the best ways to see a poor pedal stroke is in very high cadence light load situations. I see how crappy my stroke is when I am on my trainer and trying to spin it out. I think that this why you see such a difference with the ProPedal setting.