PDA

View Full Version : Best of Brighton?

Joe Gardner
01-07-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm a newb to Brighton and am clueless on where to go on the mountain, whats fun? Whats worth hitting?

asdf
01-07-2008, 06:01 PM
My sister has been dating a patrolman up there for the past 4 or 5 years and he has show us some sick spots. Sorry but I dont really know the names of the best areas.
The short hike up to pioneer ridge from the crest express lift is always worth while. If your on a board you have to be a bit careful about getting stuck in the flats. I have taken some sick lines in the Hidden Canyon area. Avoid the Majestic lift unless you want to watch people hitting up the park. On non-powder days we always seem to ride CrestExpress to SnakeCreek to GreatWestern and repeat.
If its a powder day its hard to go wrong at Brighton. oh... millcent area is also pretty tight.

http://www.skiutah.com/files/images/resorts/maps/10_map_lg.jpg

shaggy125
01-08-2008, 12:51 PM
I've had season passes to Brighton more than anywhere else. I can't give away my secret stashes but the best stuff without hiking on a powder day is off Great Western (double blacks) and Millicent. You need a hefty base for coverage but I think we are finally there after this epic December. Milly bowl (traverse or hike off Millicent lift) is amazing on a powder day, but is usually closed during storms... if you are lucky enough to hit it when it opens you are in heaven! Pioneer Ridge is good that Summit mentioned. The Wren Hollow area is good too (just out of bounds are cliffs and powder stashes), if you want to do a little hiking Mary Chutes are really good (Pioneer and Mary are of course out of bounds so the normal increased risk factor is there). There are other spots but that should get you started.

When it's not a powder day I just hit up the park all day... but Brighton SUCKS at keeping the park nice. In case you are a park rider, it is great first thing in the morning, but by 11:00 ruts are forming on all the lips and huge holes form at the end of the rails. I've almost quit going to Brighton all together because of this. They have a park crew whose job it is to keep the park nice, but if you ask where they are, all the employees just laugh and say "oh they are out trying to find powder stashes I'm sure." This just pisses me off even more! Sorry that was my rant for the day.

Eric.

Joe Gardner
01-08-2008, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I am going to spend the next few days checking out the great western express lines... Just wish there was a big storm rolling in right about now. :D