PDA

View Full Version : Man accused of making bike trail holes

Sombeech
01-05-2008, 12:53 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080105/ap_on_fe_st/odd_bike_trail_vandalism

FULLERTON, Calif. - Police said they arrested a man who acknowledged digging holes on a park bike trail as payback for nearly being run down by a cyclist.

Warren John Wilson, 52, faces a single felony count of vandalism, police Sgt. Linda King said Friday.

King said nearly 50 holes measuring about 1 foot by 2 feet have been found since June along a trail at Laguna Lake Park, and in some cases attempts had been made to hide them from cyclists. She said some riders went over their handlebars after hitting the holes, but none reported major injuries.

Detectives watching the trails questioned Wilson, who said he had nearly been run over by a mountain bike rider and began digging the holes in retaliation, King said.

Police said Wilson had been released from custody. A phone listing for him could not be found.

greyhair biker
01-05-2008, 03:10 PM
:frustrated: this guy should be hung up by the balls. He should also be sued by the landowner the trails are on. Wanton destruction of property and wreckless endangerment or possibly even attempted murder.
...oh, I have issues with this one :cripple: :kboom:

adadaead
01-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Sounds like a challenge to me.

live2ride
01-07-2008, 07:26 AM
That dude should chill out a bit, to dig that many holes and go after all the bikers rather than the ''one'' that almost ran him down. I would be pissed if I messed my bike up and found out some jackass dug the holes on purpose.

Alex
01-07-2008, 07:43 AM
I used to mt bike a lot and also an avid hiker on the same trails now. Some bikers really have no idea how to slow down. I am not surprised that someone did that (dug holes). The trail courtesy has to go both ways, even though all signs show that bikers have to yield to hikers. :roll: