PDA

View Full Version : Snow shoing on saturday

vamedtech
01-03-2008, 04:29 PM
I just got a new 60csx for christmas and have been aching to get out with it. I'm thinking about going snow shoing on saturday morning. If anyone is interested in tagging along. I'm wide open as far as where to go so if anyone has a favorite spot let me know. The weather forcast calls for snow but I may go anyway. I'm considering the Orsen Hide trail near corner canyon or the Mount Olympus trail.

accadacca
01-04-2008, 08:16 AM
These peeps are going the following Saturday. http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9860 :ne_nau:

Brian in SLC
01-04-2008, 11:34 AM
The weather forcast calls for snow but I may go anyway. I'm considering the Orsen Hide trail near corner canyon or the Mount Olympus trail.

Be damn careful if you head out this weekend.

"An avalanche watch has been issued for the mountains of northern, central and southern Utah. A prolonged storm with powerful winds and periods of heavy snowfall is expected to increase the avalanche danger in the backcountry for the weekend. Backcountry travelers are urged to check the latest avalanche advisories for current information at Utahavalanchecenter.org or 1 888 999 4019."

The wind is going nuts, and snow is being transported in the oddest of places. Add that to a weak snowpack on some aspects and elevations, and, there will no doubt be significant unsurvivable avalanches this weekend.

Seriously, this would be a good weekend to do home projects.

-Brian in SLC

kris
01-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I just got a new 60csx for christmas and have been aching to get out with it. I'm thinking about going snow shoing on saturday morning. If anyone is interested in tagging along. I'm wide open as far as where to go so if anyone has a favorite spot let me know. The weather forcast calls for snow but I may go anyway. I'm considering the Orsen Hide trail near corner canyon or the Mount Olympus trail.

You end up going?

We're wanting to head out on Sunday, wondering how conditions were.