PDA

View Full Version : Canyoneering North Kings River - video

Sombeech
12-31-2007, 08:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JamxFVlQ7Q

Not sure where north kings river is...

Iceaxe
01-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Kings River is in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California.

Randi
02-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Kings River is in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California.

Yup! Upper Jump trip, and Lower Jump trip.
I've done both sections of it, and it's just an awesome canyon!

That was a fun video! I think one of the guys in it is an aquaintance of mine : Luca C. from San Diego.

The upper section is really fun and suitable for kids even (though it's still quite dangerous due to slick rock mostly), but the lower section is really long and BIG in the way of danger.

When I went through the lower section, none of us wanted to do the 50' jump so we rapped right down the middle of the raging falls!
That was exciting! :mrgreen:

Here are some pics of my last trip through the upper section. I bailed on the lower section the next day, thinking better of taking my daughter through there. It's a good thing too, as one of our party suffered a broken ankle and it took our group 5 hours extra to exit because of it.

http://picasaweb.google.com/advntrinxs/UpperJumpTrip2ndTimeAround?authkey=m_1yuHGTUQ4

We should plan a Bogley trip there!
Ya'll know how to swim? :lol8:

~Randi

skianddive
02-01-2008, 05:46 PM
That was a fun video! I think one of the guys in it is an aquaintance of mine : Luca C. from San Diego.
That is *not* Luca. He and I were supposed to do the Kings together for the first time with a group last fall, but our plans fell through.

And Luca always wears a white helmet and uses the brightly-colored Petzl caving pack.

goofball
02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
niiiice pics randi. bet thet mountain water is cold :cold:

ever done 7 tea cups ? THAT looks fun so long as runoff is low. saw a video of guys running it in kayaks, that looked crazy.

Randi
02-01-2008, 07:30 PM

That is *not* Luca. He and I were supposed to do the Kings together for the first time with a group last fall, but our plans fell through.

And Luca always wears a white helmet and uses the brightly-colored Petzl caving pack.

Oh? Maybe Luca bought a new helmet. When's the last time you saw Luca and his helmet? Maybe he accidentally left his helmet & even his pack somewhere? God knows, I've done that before! : /

Just playing Lee.
Welcome to the dark side.

I wonder if any of us knows any of them.
Do you know any of em?
They looked like they were having a lot of fun!

niiiice pics randi. bet thet mountain water is cold :cold:

ever done 7 tea cups ? THAT looks fun so long as runoff is low. saw a video of guys running it in kayaks, that looked crazy.

Yeah, the water is cold, but I'm fairly impervious to cold as long as I'm moving. I'm not a great swimmer either, and swimming through those long corridors is hard work. I've not done 7 teacups yet, but I think I've seen that video. Yeah, crazy alright! So is some video of Kayakers running Dinkey Creek! Those guys are nuttier than canyoneers!

~Randi