PDA

View Full Version : Where/who's the best ski bootfitter in SLC-area?

Shmeefer
12-31-2007, 03:19 PM
I have problem feet and thus have trouble getting ski boots that are comfortable. I had my current boots fitted at one of the better bootfitters in the midwest but I'm still not happy and think it might be time to start over with new boots and a new fitter. Who's the best in the SLC-area? My only other alternative is to get a custom boot from Dale Boot which I am also considering. I'm a decent intermediate skier who sticks to the lift-served areas and want all-day comfort. Thanks.

Brian in SLC
01-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Who's the best in the SLC-area?

The folks at Dale boot did a nice job on a custom set of thermo fit liners for a pair of climbing boots of mine.

I've seen the lads at BD do thermo fit stuff, and, appears they're good at it.

Custom liners might be a good bet.

-Brian in SLC

Shmeefer
01-01-2008, 09:19 PM
I dug up a few names from another ski forum: the Dude @ Cole Sports in Park City & Steve Bagley @ Snowbird. Right now I'm leaning towards Dale as I think I'll have better luck with a custom boot rather than fitting an existing boot. I think I'm one of the small minority that have enough issues with boots to warrant custom. I've heard good things from everybody who has gone to Dale.

the voice
01-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Go see
Earl or His son Jeremy
@
The Sport Loft
4678 S Highland Dr
Holladay, UT 84117

About 6 years ago, I had my wifes boots custom fitted.
it was worth every dollar spent.
2 years ago when I wore my boots out ( yes you can wear them out ) I went to Earl and bought new boots and had them do their magic to mine also. Hands down teh best boot doctor in the country. :2thumbs: :hail2thechief:

stefan
01-05-2008, 01:30 PM
i have enjoyed my dale boots quite a bit. i have always had boot issues since i was young, few fit well with large calf muscles. daleboots are lower cut to fit a big calf or the longer calf of women.

it took a couple of times to get the customization right, but they were very helpful and persistent about getting them dialed. also feels good to support a local company. if you have any problems with them, you take them back in and they help your right away.

dale boots are somewhat different form the typical alpine boot you find today: less bulky and lighter-weight. consequently they are reasonable to to use for touring in the backcountry.