PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Duning at Glamis CA in an RZR

RedMan
12-13-2007, 07:33 AM
For those that might not get much of a chance to visit real dunes here is a taste.

This is at Glamis CA over Thanksgiving.
I took my 7 year old nephew for a ride so it is fairly sedate.

We rode like this for hours.

www.youtube.com/XXXOffroad

rooster32
12-13-2007, 10:52 AM
How do you like your Rzr???? I am thinking about getting one. Heard the pedal response is pretty touchy and the engines a bit loud?

My local dealer has 17 people on a waiting list to get one....all with money down. Polaris is only giving them a few units every month or two.

Sombeech
12-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Nice vid. You should get a clamp mount like I've got. Fully rotating, get any angle you want. Clamp it right to the cage.

Even get some footage of you guys driving it, just looking down from above on the cage, that'd be some cool footage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnogmOkAZZc

RedMan
12-14-2007, 08:48 AM
The RZR is a blast. The throttle spring is a bit week but there are several "fixes" posted on the net that are simple and work great. I have not found it a problem. I think I will fix it before my next Moab trip.

I don't think it is too noisy, I can't figure out what old fart started that rumor but I think its fine. I'm not a fan of noisy machines but this one is fine.
I like the sound of it.

Sombeech: I have a Bogen magic arm/superclamp and a few other clamps. This was just quick and dirty shoot. I have four more tapes of the trip I have not edited yet but someone wa bugging the crap out of me to post something so there it is. You may have noticed the poor quality of the video. I was not happy about that.

I just got a new helmet cam setup to test this weekend so I'll have some RZR in the snow video by Monday.

I'll also do a review of the new setup, it looks very promising, start saving your pennies.

Sombeech
12-14-2007, 09:29 AM
I just got a new helmet cam setup to test this weekend so I'll have some RZR in the snow video by Monday.

Cool, which setup? I've been stalling for the past 4 months now trying to decide what direction to go.

I think I'm gonna go with a still camera that takes decent video, mounted right to my helmet. I'm so sick of cables shorting out on me.

RedMan
12-14-2007, 11:08 AM
I'll tell you after I shoot some video and verify that all is right in camera land.
It arrived last night and so far I like what I see.

Imagine this, completely submersible, all digital SD Flash, one single sturdy cable between the camera head and the recorder, built in LCD and mic, small enough to be strapped to a Mt bike frame, worn on your hip or carried in a small pack. Oh and lest we forget it has a wireless remote that can control multiple cameras at the same time. Makes me want to buy several just to play with this feature.

I have been through many iterations of "wannabe" helmet cam setups this one looks the most promising.

Sombeech
12-14-2007, 12:38 PM
Is it that Samsung one with MPEG-4 formatting? (I can't wait for your answer. It's like guessing a christmas gift)

Good luck, whatever it is.

RedMan
12-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Nope. Much cooler.

Sombeech
12-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Nope. Much cooler.

ooh, you dogg. cool. Can't wait. :2thumbs:

jiffers
12-29-2007, 06:51 AM
nice video. Ivins-offroad has been bugging me to go to Glamis for a while. Is it really all that much better than what is closer, cuz if you hadn't said anything, I would have sworn the video was taken at Little Sahara. So is it worth hauling the toys out to Cali?

donny h
12-30-2007, 10:12 PM
This is at Glamis CA over Thanksgiving.

Hey, how were the crowds and the knucklehead factor?

I haven't been, but Glamis at Thanksgiving has a long and colorful past, and not all in a good way, which led to some heavy handed law enforcement.

I didn't spot another soul in your vid, so it looked all good to me! :2thumbs: