PDA

View Full Version : A Tall Order

tallsteve
12-11-2007, 03:03 PM
I know this is a "tall"order (pun intended) but I am looking for a stationary recumbent exercise bicycle to borrow for a few months. The chemo treatments my 23 year old son is undergoing for cancer has really messed up his heart-rate and blood pressure. His resting heart rate is around 130 and when he stands his blood pressure drops to unreadable- literally. Medications so far haven't done anything and the cardiologist is quite frankly, baffled. Anyway, long story short, the cardiologist wants him to start exercising. Exercise might raise the pressure. He said a recumbent would be the ideal solution because he's too sick to get out to a gym or rec center and can't even walk around the neighborhood but, with a recumbent, he can stay at home, sit down and get the large leg muscle groups working. Does anybody have one sitting around, going unused, that they would be willing to loan out? Normally I could go buy one but chemo treatment is EXPENSIVE (about $8300 per treatment, everyother week.). Please contact me if you know of where I can lay my hands on one. Thanks!

tallsteve
12-12-2007, 07:29 AM
I think I found one- someone from the Utah Velo Club has one I'm picking up tonight. Thanks everyone!