PDA

View Full Version : New Bling for my ride

greyhair biker
12-08-2007, 05:47 PM
So I started my rebuild today. Needed the crankset for most of the year but my stuff usually gets done last so...
Next, I'm going through all the cables, housings, etc. and gotta replace the shifter sets....

fourtycal
12-08-2007, 08:42 PM
:2thumbs: Very nice. I'm facing that same repair this year. What's the parts cost?

greyhair biker
12-09-2007, 08:57 AM
:2thumbs: Very nice. I'm facing that same repair this year. What's the parts cost?
I of course would work you a 'deal' but if you were to find them down there the small ring would be 15.75, the middle ring 33.00, and the big ring 44.10....................cheaper than a new crank. I still need to get a new shifter set by spring, I just havent decided what to replace the old one with - probably a shimano XT set. Or maybe I'll finally upgrade the front to disc. I was going to do that but I sold all the goodies to a customer, including the wheel & disc. Now I have to wait til my next stock order...or spring :mrgreen:

LeftyLover
12-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Hey fellas. I'm building up a brand new carbon hard tail in late Jan or Feb, but the company doesn't deal with SRAM, so I have to go with Shimano XT. If you want some brand new rapid fire trigger shifters and rear der. for employee purchase cost (meaning whatever it costs me to replace it with SRAM X.9), I'll be glad to pass the savings on to anyone.... I failed to mention I work at a bike shop and get good deals. I know grey hair already gets the deals, but anyone else is welcome... Otherwise I'll have to do the e-bay thing.

greyhair biker
12-09-2007, 04:17 PM
This is a good deal guys - I'd take him up on it :2thumbs:

live2ride
12-10-2007, 12:59 PM
Very Very Nice..... :2thumbs:

neilether
12-11-2007, 10:04 AM
What do you want for the XT set?

LeftyLover
12-11-2007, 09:45 PM
As far as I can remember, SRAM X.9 trigger shifters and rear der. are going to cost me around $150 together. That's all I'm going for...If I can't sell the XT locally, I'm going to ebay. Pretty good deal I think!