PDA

View Full Version : Todays Trek

tallsteve
12-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Had to try out the new MSR snowshoes today with all this fresh new snow. Drove up to and parked at Tibble Fork then hiked up through Granite Flat Campground then hiked a couple of miles up the Box Elder trail. Hadn't been on that trail before. Very steep in parts but scenic and beautiful. Lots of fresh powder and snowed lightly the whole trek. The new shoes worked great but wish I would have bought the 'tails' also. Good workout, breaking trail through the new snow.

Jaxx
12-03-2007, 09:09 AM
Your trip sounds awesome. My family took that trail this summer. It is a beautiful spot. I get my MSR's for Christmas! My wife is being a stickler and won't let me have them until Christmas. It was killing me not being able to go with all this new snow. She did buy me the fins, I'm glad she did.

accadacca
12-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Got any pix o tall one? :popcorn:

tallsteve
12-05-2007, 12:53 PM

Maybe when I get back from Tampa (which is where I am right now, looking out over the bay under sunny skies and about 70 degree temps!) I'll post a few.

live2ride
12-06-2007, 09:06 AM

Maybe when I get back from Tampa (which is where I am right now, looking out over the bay under sunny skies and about 70 degree temps!) I'll post a few.

Sounds nice, I will make sure to post some pics of my trip to Jamaica and the Cayman Islands in 1 month I hope you enjoy your time. Sounds like it was a nice day for a little snowshoeing.