PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Ipod Touch owners

Kent K25
11-29-2007, 06:25 AM
I figure there have to be some Ipod Touch owners on here...

I'm looking to buy one and just want to know what you guys think of them.

How's the wireless internet work? Is it useful or useless because of the small screen?

I've heard some people are annoyed because if it's in your pocket or whatever it's not super quick and easy to change songs or adjust the volume?

What are your Pro's and Con's about it?

Thanks Guys

asdf
11-30-2007, 04:44 AM
my question is why do you want one?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EvNeHthx3Ng

Kent K25
11-30-2007, 06:04 AM
Because I want to have my music and internet access all in my pocket and prefer the ipod touch to the alternatives.

asdf
11-30-2007, 06:48 AM
why not a laptop?
oh wait.. pocket.

Kent K25
11-30-2007, 09:55 AM
why not a laptop?
oh wait.. pocket.

Yeah, I have a laptop, but only take it with me when I absolutely have to have it. Just intrigued by the Touch, but not sold on it yet.

stefan
11-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Yeah, I have a laptop, but only take it with me when I absolutely have to have it. Just intrigued by the Touch, but not sold on it yet.

the wireless connection is not bad. the screen resolution is pretty high so you can see a lot. navigating/typing at first it may seem tedious, but over time you'll become more adept. the tapping or pinching to zoom when text is too small is pretty easy. but there is a gap between this and a laptop, no doubt.

you're using safari at the moment, but with jailbrake it may very soon be possible to use firefox/camino. jailbreak really opens up the device though. email ... games. i played solitare the other day on a friend's. it was quite fun to drag the cards by sliding my finger tip.

the device has a 400 MHz processor in it so it's able to compute fairly quickly. but this is probably one (of many) limiting factor when you're comparing webuse on a laptop vs. the phone.

but i mean, if you're "intrigued" i'd recommend hanging out at a store where they are being sold and mess around with it, doing what it is that you plan to do and see if it's worth it to you. that is, if you haven't already done so

Kent K25
11-30-2007, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the info. I was actually able to mess around with one for about a half hour today. A kid on the basketball team I coach has one and let me fiddle with it on the way to our game. Could be this year's Xmas gift wish.

accadacca
11-30-2007, 10:34 PM
I love my iPhone. I would really say that calling it an iPhone is really selling it short of its capabilities. It is more accurately described as a micro mac. Amazing device IMO.

stefan
11-30-2007, 11:37 PM
I love my iPhone. I would really say that calling it an iPhone is really selling it short of its capabilities. It is more accurately described as a micro mac. Amazing device IMO.

it's kinda neat that the iphone has a 620 MHz processor in it too. considering it wasn't too long ago that laptops had subGHz processors in them.

Kent K25
12-02-2007, 11:05 PM
What better way to break in the iPod touch than posting on uutah? Got the 16 gb version off a guy who had it a month, but needs the cash now. $300 scratch free with an invisible shield on it since day one.

stefan
12-03-2007, 08:21 AM
yeah i am not sure precisely how scratch resistant the thing is but it's pretty tough. similar to the iphone but far superior to all other ipods. they used a highly scratch resistant glass. (however, unlike the iphone, the back can get scratched up easily).

check out the following video. i had the key scratch demonstrated to me at the apple store by an employee. they need to make all ipods with this glass. stuff is bomber.

scratch testing the ipod touch (http://tinyurl.com/2ko7jm)

aand another one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xitR1lYh1fU

Kent K25
12-03-2007, 11:19 AM
Yeah I was impressed by my friends iphone. Not your usual iPod screen for sure.