PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter costs me my marriage?

double moo
11-28-2007, 01:22 PM
So the other day I was heading out to Home Depot to pick up some materials to work on remodeling the basement. As I started up the truck my wife ran out and handed me a couple of books to take back to the library on my way back. I set the books on the seat next to my material list and the Christmas cash my wife's great grandma had sent to help us finish the basement - looks like she'll be moving in once I get it done - health failing at 92 years old.

So as I backed out of the driveway I cut the corner a little close and dropped off the curb... the jolt launched the books onto the floor. I stopped and grabbed the books and instantly noticed that the materials list and money was absent. I put the truck in park and walked around to the passenger side thinking that it had slid off the side of the seat - not there. I pulled back in the driveway, headed inside, and asked my wife if she had seen it. She noted that the last time she saw the cash it was in my hands.

I headed back out tp the truck and searched again - found it! It had fallen off the seat and ito the map pocket on the door... so naturally when I opened the door it was away from where I thought it should be. I grabbed it and shoved it inside one of the books so it wouldn't fly around the cab.

For some unknown reason I hit the library on the way to Home Depot instead of on the way back, pulled through the drive up and dropped int he books. So I finally arrive at Home Depot and there is no cash. After a brief panic I realize what had I had done and rushed back to the library. I went in and explained the predicament to the helpful librarian who walked me into the back room to check the books that had been recently returned. I had to call my wife to get the two titles of the two books - but no luck finding them.

As we searched one of the other librarians stopped by to see what we were doing. After a brief explaination she noted that she had just returned a Harry Potter book to the shelf. We went out and got the book but no cash. They checked the bar code on tehe book and verified that it was indeed the one I had just returned - my son's name came up on the the checkout. I left them my name and mumber in hopes someone will find it and do the right thing.

So here I sit... out a thousand bucks in crisp $100 dollar bills. Wife's pissed at me - she knows I don't really want grandma moving in with us... so this must be on purpose. If I was to have taken it I'd be writing about the new KTM I just put in the garage instead of crying on your shoulders.

Anyone got any bright ideas as to how to get my money back? I'm in a real pickle here.

And if someone you know turns up with a mystery thousand bucks... please kick him squarely in the nuts for me - and grab my cash! :naughty:

Udink
11-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Heh...I was wondering how long it would take for the punchline to show up. :mrgreen:

rockgremlin
11-28-2007, 01:56 PM
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I think nelsonccc checked out that book after you.....my condolences!

ericchile
11-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Send the story to KSL they love running articles about this crap.

Alex
11-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Send the story to KSL they love running articles about this crap.

Not a bad idea

DirkHammergate
11-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Hey, if you want I could tell you what cost me my marriage?

DirkHammergate
11-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Hey, if you want I could tell you what cost me my marriage?

You're getting off cheap at $1000.

sparker1
11-28-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, and have no ideas for getting that money back. However, future funds can be protected by the use of a wallet, or even sticking the wad in a pocket. I'm sure you know this, but you obviously haven't followed the practice regularly.

nelsonccc
11-28-2007, 09:50 PM
So the other day I was heading out to Home Depot to pick up some materials to work on remodeling the basement. As I started up the truck my wife ran out and handed me a couple of books to take back to the library on my way back. I set the books on the seat next to my material list and the Christmas cash my wife's great grandma had sent to help us finish the basement - looks like she'll be moving in once I get it done - health failing at 92 years old.

So as I backed out of the driveway I cut the corner a little close and dropped off the curb... the jolt launched the books onto the floor. I stopped and grabbed the books and instantly noticed that the materials list and money was absent. I put the truck in park and walked around to the passenger side thinking that it had slid off the side of the seat - not there. I pulled back in the driveway, headed inside, and asked my wife if she had seen it. She noted that the last time she saw the cash it was in my hands.

I headed back out tp the truck and searched again - found it! It had fallen off the seat and ito the map pocket on the door... so naturally when I opened the door it was away from where I thought it should be. I grabbed it and shoved it inside one of the books so it wouldn't fly around the cab.

For some unknown reason I hit the library on the way to Home Depot instead of on the way back, pulled through the drive up and dropped int he books. So I finally arrive at Home Depot and there is no cash. After a brief panic I realize what had I had done and rushed back to the library. I went in and explained the predicament to the helpful librarian who walked me into the back room to check the books that had been recently returned. I had to call my wife to get the two titles of the two books - but no luck finding them.

As we searched one of the other librarians stopped by to see what we were doing. After a brief explaination she noted that she had just returned a Harry Potter book to the shelf. We went out and got the book but no cash. They checked the bar code on tehe book and verified that it was indeed the one I had just returned - my son's name came up on the the checkout. I left them my name and mumber in hopes someone will find it and do the right thing.

So here I sit... out a thousand bucks in crisp $100 dollar bills. Wife's pissed at me - she knows I don't really want grandma moving in with us... so this must be on purpose. If I was to have taken it I'd be writing about the new KTM I just put in the garage instead of crying on your shoulders.

Anyone got any bright ideas as to how to get my money back? I'm in a real pickle here.

And if someone you know turns up with a mystery thousand bucks... please kick him squarely in the nuts for me - and grab my cash! :naughty:

I once spent a summer donating blood and sperm in order to buy a season pass to Brighton. Was like $200. Just a thought since it looks like you'll be on the couch a lot in the coming nights.

JP
11-29-2007, 05:49 AM
That was good, Double :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

sparker1
11-29-2007, 06:32 PM
I understand the sperm banks give an IQ test before accepting the load. :roflol:

accadacca
11-29-2007, 07:01 PM
I read the other post first, then this one, followed by cross referencing the dates. :popcorn: :lol8:

double moo
11-29-2007, 07:55 PM
I appreciate all the wonderfull advice. :2thumbs: