PDA

View Full Version : Man Gets PWNED by UHP

rockgremlin
11-20-2007, 07:43 PM
This guy is speeding through a construction zone, gets pulled over, refuses to sign the speeding ticket, and then gets tazered in front of his wife.

Usually I hate cops for stuff like this, but admittedly this guy was being a rebelious jackass.

What do you think?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IMaMYL_shxc

live2ride
11-20-2007, 08:02 PM
A little too much for me, "He took a ride with the taser" :roflol:

JP
11-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Curbside Lawyers :haha: :haha:

Sombeech
11-20-2007, 09:51 PM
The cop was still an A hole. The dude should have followed orders, but the cop wasn't in danger of his life or safety.

Just a construction zone speed trap camper.

ExpUt
11-20-2007, 11:29 PM
I'll paste my comments from another forum...

Kid had it coming... look at his hand why he walks past the officer, and again as he is walking back to his car. He was putting something back, but as he walks away he continues to fish for something. To me that says he's either looking to pull something out (weapon) and or he is trying to ditch something he had in his pocket (ie. a joint, needle, etc). The cop was a little tough... but fail to submit to the verbal commands an officer gives, and he has the right to take action. I'm betting he was well within his policy, while it could have obviously been handled a in a better way.

OK, I watched more of the video... I'm now to the part where he gets up off the ground and again confronts the officer, reaching for something again in his pockets, back right this time... Of course he's already threatening a lawsuit.

Its very easy to play monday morning quarterback on the incident. He was told to stop, like it or not, disobeying a stop command from an officer in the State of Utah is against the law. The cop could have tackled the kid, if he fought one or both could have been injured in the road. So many variables that are all too "clear" when we watch them over and over in the camera. Hindsite is 20/20

Alex
11-21-2007, 03:07 AM
Like the cop said, it's not the place to argue on the side of the road. The guy was pacing up and down and did reach in his shirt a couple of times. Even though this was a bit brutal, seems to me the guy asked for it. Be a dick to a cop and you are the one that will get owned.

That's why they have the taser guns, so they don't have to get physical with offenders and don't have to use lethal force. The guy was obviously refusing everything officer told him to do.

rockgremlin
11-21-2007, 06:07 AM
Ya, I agree. Prick cop? Yes. Did the guy deserve it? Yes.

I'm told this occurred just outside of Vernal.

jumar
11-21-2007, 06:35 AM
"Don't taze me bro!!"

Reedus
11-21-2007, 07:28 AM
Ya, I agree. Prick cop? Yes. Did the guy deserve it? Yes.

I'm told this occurred just outside of Vernal.

X2

Iceaxe
11-21-2007, 07:43 AM
That guy is a dumbass..... from my point of view the cop was being reasonable. Even after being cuffed and tazed the dumbass still didn't follow simple instructions.... I would have tazered him again just for the hell of it.

asdf
11-21-2007, 07:59 AM
That cop is an asshole.
Hopefully he will lose his job over it.

live2ride
11-21-2007, 08:00 AM
The cop is going to loose his job, after this showed up on the internet, the UHP has made a statement, KSL covered it and the when the DPS states that they didn't know what the officer was thinking when he acted that way, that usually means the outcome won't go well and they are covering there tracks. Plus did you think that the situation waranted the use of deadly force? I believe a tazer from an officer falls into that category. What if the guy fell into traffic. Why didn't he just shoot his ass eclipsee_steering :rifle: :roflol:

JP
11-21-2007, 08:45 AM
That guy is a dumbass..... from my point of view the cop was being reasonable. Even after being cuffed and tazed the dumbass still didn't follow simple instructions.... I would have tazered him again just for the hell of it.
:roflol: :roflol:

I believe a tazer from an officer falls into that category.
You believed wrong :haha: Tazer is less than lethal force. Right there with pepper spray, but the Po-Po isn't effected by it.

ExpUt
11-21-2007, 09:00 AM
The cop is going to loose his job, after this showed up on the internet, the UHP has made a statement, KSL covered it and the when the DPS states that they didn't know what the officer was thinking when he acted that way, that usually means the outcome won't go well and they are covering there tracks. Plus did you think that the situation waranted the use of deadly force? I believe a tazer from an officer falls into that category. What if the guy fell into traffic. Why didn't he just shoot his ass eclipsee_steering :rifle: :roflol:

Re-watch the KSL cast... the DPS spokesperson stated he didn't know the situation surrounding the officer using it, he didn't know what kind of threat the officer was feeling. It wasn't a "what was he thinking" as in he was judging his state of mind.

He was more likely to fall into traffic if the two got into a scuffle... the taser dropped him in his tracks.

The officer was within his rights, albeit a bit of an ass about it... The kid is a loser!

asdf
11-21-2007, 09:12 AM
The kid was being a idiot but... no way he should of been put down like that.

accadacca
11-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Happy Thanksgiving you little betcha. Take that! :kicknuts:

accadacca
11-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Hard to hear over all the traffic, but this kid was mouthing off right from the start. The cop was keeping his cool pretty well I thought. Kid does reach into his pocket and is doing stuff that anyone knows is a no no with cops. :ne_nau:

RugerShooter
11-21-2007, 09:42 AM
I think what the Cop did was just fine, nothing wrong with it, the guy deserved what he got. I also think the cop should have tased him again when he came back twords the officer at the end.

Scott Card
11-21-2007, 10:22 AM

There are bad curbside lawyers and good ones. This kid was the worst one I've ever seen, and I have seen several in the videos I obtain related to my cases. This was a tricky situation for the officer. Busy road and nasty stretch of highway it is. If it is where I think it is this was a construction project to widen the road and add a passing lane between Vernal and Roosevelt. The cop may have been a little trigger happy but the only thing I may have done differently is to tell the kid he is about to get tazed if he doesn't immediately stop and put his hands behind his back. He is reaching in his pants, he is walking away, and he clearly did not follow any of the directions of the officer. I also thought that everyone knew that if you don't sign the ticket, you go to jail. Apparently this kid didn't get the memo. My favorite part is when the kid is yelling "you have to read me my rights in order to arrest me." :roflol: :roflol: Oh stop it .... :roflol: That is probably the biggest misconception out there. Cops never have to read you your rights. If they don't you may have a defense to things you said or admissions you made but thay don't "have" to read your rights. As the cop said, fight the ticket on court if you want to but not on the road side. Better yet, just pay up and go to traffic school. I don't know anyone who honestly doesn't deserve several more tickets than they receive.

Best advice is to be courteous to the cop on the road and thank the officer for being willing to do the job he does. You'd be surprised how far that goes either on the road side or later on in court :nod:

live2ride
11-21-2007, 10:49 AM
If the guy would have just said sorry to start with and say that he was in the wrong, he wouldn't of had to "take a ride with the tazer" regardless of what happens and who's wrong or right the dude fell like a bag a rocks and that made me laugh! :popcorn: Post some more of these for discussion, Youtube is full of them.

RugerShooter
11-21-2007, 10:50 AM

Best advice is to be courteous to the cop on the road and thank the officer for being willing to do the job he does. You'd be surprised how far that goes either on the road side or later on in court :nod:

I agree here, I got pulled over for speeding and was doing 17 over, When the cop asked if I knew whey he pulled me over, I told him I was going a little to fast back there. He said since I was honest with him he was only going to write me up for 5 over.

moabfool
11-21-2007, 11:05 AM
I think the trooper would've gone back to look for the first 40MPH sign with the guy, he just wanted the ticket signed first. That would've gone a long way in the guy's hopes of getting a "not guilty" or having the case dismissed. The trooper screwed up when he turned his back on the guy after he asked him to step out of the vehicle. When the guy came up on his back the trooper probably spooked. Lesson: don't sneak up on a cop from behind. Mess with the bull, get the horns.

I think the trooper could've been more clear with his instructions. He said "turn around" when the guy was already facing away from him. Still, dufus wasn't listening to the cop at that point anyway. Was that a knife or a cell phone on his belt? Dufus is lucky he didn't get body slammed into the hood of the patrol car when he stood up after being hand cuffed. The wife is lucky she didn't get shot. At least one of the two of them is smart enough to do what the trooper said.

This looks like a prime location for a tape measure and a digital camera. The problem is that after a ticket is written you've already been punished regardless of the verdict. I've gotten two tickets in my life, one I deserved, one I didn't. I got punished both times even though I "got out" of one. What's the value on my time? I'm going to have to take time off work, speak to the prosecutor, speak to the judge, sit around waiting for my case to be called, and possibly wait for the judgement to arrive in the mail. Even if I do get a "not guilty" verdict or the case is dismissed I've already been punished. I wish we could bill the legal system (don't pretend it's the "justice" system) for lost time and emotional distress. I know for a fact they wouldn't want to pay my hourly rate.

Iceaxe
11-21-2007, 11:06 AM
He said since I was honest with him he was only going to write me up for 5 over.

I've had the same deal.... got clocked just over 100 in WY a while back.... stomped the old hemi to pass a line of 3 motorhomes running nose to tail at the amazing speed of 55 mph. The cop nails me just as I clear the last one.... Cop walks up to the window and I asked him if I had the record for the day.... he thought that was pretty funny and told me "No", but I was in third place. He wrote me up for 9 over. I was more then happy with that....

:2thumbs:

Scott Card
11-21-2007, 11:16 AM
I made a similar comment when I got pulled over when I was racing to the back country desk for a red permit earlier this year. The cop asked me if I knew why I was pulled over and I said "Yep, I was going a little to fast" He asked me how fast and I said I didn't know. (truth) He said over 90 and I replied "wow, I didn't know the Tundra would go that fast" He smiled and reduced it down to 9 over and told me to do traffic school. BTW, I barely made the back country desk..... stupid permit system :frustrated: That was an expensive trip.

ericchile
11-21-2007, 11:29 AM
I think the cop had an adittude just as much as the kid. It was a clash of personalities.

The kid just wanted to know the speed he was going to be written up for. The cop never responeded. Its been posted over and over but the cop didn't have to have him sign the ticket, and he didn't have to get him out of the car like that. Also when making an arrest you are never suppose to expose your back to the kid like that.

The kid was a mouth off. The cop was a power hungry jerk who happened to tasser happy. Notice he had his gun out before the kid had his hand anywhere near his pants.

The kid should pay the fine and jail time. The cop should be permently removed from duty. Both very disrespectfull.

Also the reason Highway Patrol often lower speeding tickets is two reasons. 1. They know they will less likly contest it. 2. If its 20 or over they have to impound the vehicle. They aren't doing it because your nice to them :-)

Scott Card
11-21-2007, 11:34 AM
They aren't doing it because your nice to them :-)

Why is it that I have only had one ticket in 28 years but been pulled over numberous times? I do think nice has a lot to do with it. My brother in law is a ticked magnet. If he gets pulled over, he WILL get a ticket. Guaranteed. It is an attitude/pride thing.

moabfool
11-21-2007, 11:39 AM
2. If its 20 or over they have to impound the vehicle. They aren't doing it because your nice to them :-)

That's how fast I was going. 70 in a 50. He wrote me for 9 over. Always be polite to the cop. If you're angry just shut up and do what they say. Most cops realize that dash cams work both ways.

I've posted this one before. * F-BOMB WARNING *

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8

ericchile
11-21-2007, 11:40 AM
They aren't doing it because your nice to them :-)

Why is it that I have only had one ticket in 28 years but been pulled over numberous times? I do think nice has a lot to do with it. My brother in law is a ticked magnet. If he gets pulled over, he WILL get a ticket. Guaranteed. It is an attitude/pride thing.

And if he/she hasn't met the quota for the month then you will get one for sure!

Jaxx
11-21-2007, 11:44 AM
AWESOME. Bottom line here is stop jerking cops around. That a hole needs to learn to respect people. Who does he think he is acting tough to a cop over a speeding ticket? Fumbling in your pockets and acting wierd is enough reason to get your ass tazed. I love the part of the video where the wife gets out and starts freaking out and screaming while her husband is yelling for her. Priceless. not as good as "don't tase me bro"

accadacca
11-21-2007, 12:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj0mtxXEGE8
:roflol:

Iceaxe
11-21-2007, 02:50 PM
Heck... dumbass whitey did just about all the No-No's in the video. :lol8:

live2ride
11-21-2007, 03:47 PM
Heck... dumbass whitey did just about all the No-No's in the video. :lol8:
:roflol: "man don't give him shit"

Alex
11-21-2007, 04:11 PM
It's on the main page on foxnews.com now

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312466,00.html

:eek2:

Iceaxe
11-21-2007, 04:39 PM
I can't figure out why I keep getting pulled over and getting tickets. :haha:

http://www.pyzam.com/img/funnypics/misc/opinion.jpg

live2ride
11-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Now that is some funny SHIT right there. What dumbass would really put that on his car :roflol: Only you can find that ICE!!! Nice job.

live2ride
11-21-2007, 04:50 PM
It's on the main page on foxnews.com now

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,312466,00.html

:eek2:

I bet the officer doesn't feel in controll now. I just spokwewith my neighbor (he's a seargent in the UHP) and he thinks that the officer will loose his job over this one.

Mtnman1830
11-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Dunno if its just me or not, but did it look like the ' suspect' had something on his right hip? When he walks away, you can see something black, and holding his shirt up... Dont think its a gun, but could have been something...

live2ride
11-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Dunno if its just me or not, but did it look like the ' suspect' had something on his right hip? When he walks away, you can see something black, and holding his shirt up... Dont think its a gun, but could have been something...

I just saw it on TV again, and you could see that it was a cell phone. It will be interesting to see the otcome of this one.

ExpUt
11-21-2007, 08:26 PM
I...The kid just wanted to know the speed he was going to be written up for. The cop never responeded...

He wrote it on the ticket ;) The mouthy kid should have taken a second to read it... before arrogantly refusing to sign it.

ericchile
11-23-2007, 10:43 AM
I...The kid just wanted to know the speed he was going to be written up for. The cop never responeded...

He wrote it on the ticket ;) The mouthy kid should have taken a second to read it... before arrogantly refusing to sign it.

The cop may not have written it down... The cop should have written on the ticket "refused to sign" and tossed it in the window...... now hes unemployed and the mouthy kids gets 100k from YOU and ME!!!!

moabfool
11-24-2007, 07:39 AM

The cop may not have written it down... The cop should have written on the ticket "refused to sign" and tossed it in the window...... now hes unemployed and the mouthy kids gets 100k from YOU and ME!!!!

Wrong, wrong and wrong. First, I am 99.9% certain that the kid's speed was written on the ticket. That's the way it works. They write the speed you were traveling, the speed limit where you were clocked, and the speed the officer is citing you for (usually 9 over instead of the 20 over you were going).

Second, state law says that unless the ticket is signed it is worthless. The cop couldn't write "refused to sign" and throw it at the kid. That's the same as letting him go without a ticket. Signing the ticket isn't an admission of guilt, it's an agreement to present yourself to face the charges. When a cop pulls you over he is arresting you. Yes, while you are sitting in your car on the side of the road you are under arrest. If you weren't under arrest you could leave at any time and the cop couldn't chase you. Your signatue means that the cop is un-arresting (releasing) you. Then he can let you drive away in the front seat of your own car instead of the back seat of his. Not signing means that the arrest that you are already under will continue until you face the charges. That's why the kid can be charged with resisting arrest even though the officer never told him he was "under arrest." In Utah refusing to sign a citation will get you a ride in the back of a police car.

Third, I'm pretty sure the kid will get nothing from the public. The officer did nothing wrong. Doofus' frivoulus and petulant claims will not hold up in court. He will be shown for the cry baby he is and come out of this looking very badly. Heck, we've all seen the video. I think he did a pretty good job of that all by himself (did you know that he edited 15 minutes worth of footage out of the video?). Sadly, he will not change and we'll probably see his face again. He'll probably become the Super Dell of traffic stops.

KillEmAll
11-24-2007, 09:41 AM
If its 20 or over they have to impound the vehicle. They aren't doing it because your nice to them :-)

I got pulled over going 92 in a 65 and all I got was a warning, by just being nice. I'm sure it wasn't because he was too lazy to impound my car or write me a ticket. He made me a deal that if I went the speed limit the rest of the way he wouldn't ticket me. I was then followed the next 50 miles by two different highway patrolmen. Needless to say I didn't speed the rest of the way.

R
11-24-2007, 10:04 AM
See, this is why I could never be a cop. I'd just shoot him.

I also can't watch Cops on TV. Within a few seconds I'm thinking, "Shoot him! SHOOT HIM!"

moabfool
11-24-2007, 03:57 PM

I also can't watch Cops on TV. Within a few seconds I'm thinking, "Shoot him! SHOOT HIM!"

As a photographer you can shoot him. That joke was lame. I'm aware of that.

accadacca
03-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I guess the taser victim got the last laugh and collected $40K from the UHP (our pockets).

Story (http://www.kutv.com/content/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=eb2fd031-c68c-4d92-9ef6-935e5a6a240f)

JP
03-11-2008, 06:00 AM
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: I just wet myself :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

I guess the taser victim got the last laugh and collected $40K from the UHP (our pockets).
Yes, you know why? It's cheaper for the State or any municipality to settle out of court instead of bringing it to trial, even though it could be a clear winner for the State. It's all in what's cheaper, that's not right.

trackrunner
03-11-2008, 11:59 AM
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: I just wet myself :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Yes, you know why? It's cheaper for the State or any municipality to settle out of court instead of bringing it to trial, even though it could be a clear winner for the State. It's all in what's cheaper, that's not right.

I have to agree. $40k is not that much for big time court settlements. Has to be less then the total cost to try the case. If the trooper had truely f*@! up he would have gotten a lot more than $40k IMO.

JP
03-11-2008, 09:20 PM
He probably asked for something like $200,000.00 and the attorney for the state threw out a number like $40,000.00 and he grabbed it. Nothing like negotiating.