PDA

View Full Version : BYU - Utah Smack

Iceaxe
11-20-2007, 07:37 AM
It's rivalry week.... post your best/favorite smack here

This should get things rolling....

Q: How do you get a BYU grad off your porch?
A: You pay him for the pizza.

Q: What's the difference between a litter of puppies and BYU fans?
A: Eventually the puppies grow up and quit whining.

Q: How do you get a BYU cheerleader into an elevator?
A: Grease her hips and throw in an engagement ring.

Did you hear that the BYU library burned to the ground? All five books in the library were destroyed. The football team was very upset because they hadn't colored in two of them yet.

A Utah fan, a BYU fan, a sweet redhead and a stunning blonde are riding on a train. Suddenly the train heads into a tunnel. A loud smack is heard and as the train rides out of the tunnel the BYU fan is rubbing his face.
The redhead thinks: "Serves him right for trying to grab the blonde."
The blonde thinks: "Serves him right for trying to grab the redhead."
The BYU fan thinks: "The Utah fan was probably trying to grab the blonde, missed her and grabbed the redhead instead. Then she tried to smack him in the face and missed."
The Utah fan thinks: "Next tunnel I'm going to smack that stupid BYU fan again."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/6/66/BYUCougars.png/220px-BYUCougars.pnghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/99/Utah_4669.gif/220px-Utah_4669.gif

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 08:23 AM
UNLV. :roflol:

Iceaxe
11-20-2007, 08:25 AM
TULSA :roflol:

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Tulsa is 8-3, and is basically in the top 5 in the nation in almost every offensive category. UNLV is 2-9 and DOMINATED you. But hey, if Tulsa makes you feel better about that embarrassment, so be it...

Speaking of embarassing, here is a picture I took of your buddies at RES from last year.

http://danransom.com/blog/images/20061125235657_cutecheerleader.jpg

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 10:19 AM
And one more....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/emhymas/yewt.jpg

asdf
11-20-2007, 10:48 AM
:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Iceaxe
11-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Only a BYU fan would argue quality of loss. :roll:

Let's talk quality of win... Utah has whipped two nationally ranked opponents in UCLA and Louisville.... oh yeah... forgot BYU lost to all the ranked teams they played. :nod:

By the way.... a pic of a couple hot BYU coeds for ya... :lol8:

http://www.equalityride.com/images/photo_albums/byu_2006/byu_2006_011.jpg

Q: What's the difference between a BYU coed and an elephant?
A: About 10 pounds.

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 11:00 AM
Nice try Axe. Those are lesbian chicks from Soul Force who came to BYU to protest BYU's stance on homosexuality. If you really want to talk smack, it has to be legit. Don't post pics of people who have no association with BYU.

This one works better.

http://danransom.com/blog/images/20061222190945_20061125193706_harlinetouchdown.jpg

rockgremlin
11-20-2007, 11:01 AM
WOW!! Scary!!

I think the Utes will win because they beat Wyoming 50-0, and BYU only beat Wyoming 35-10.
:lol8:

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Two University of Utah graduates, and their big day....

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a27/emhymas/wedd2.jpg

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 11:07 AM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p288/jasonpbyu/OsamaUte.jpg

Iceaxe
11-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Q: What does a BYU Co-ed do when alcohol shows up at a party?
A: She pulls her panties back on and leaves.

Q: What do you call a BYU Coed Handgliding?
A: Solar eclipse.

Q: What do you call a 300 pound BYU coed?
A: Anorexic.

Q: What is the difference between a BYU Co-ed heading to the cafeteria and a speeding bullet?
A: Superman can stop the speeding bullet.

Q: What's the difference between a police car and a BYU coed?
A: It takes two police cars to block the road.

Q; Did you hear about the new BYU Coed Doll?
A: You put a ring on her finger and she inflates.

Q: What is the difference between a BYU Coed and Sasquatch?
A: One of them weights 300 lbs has matted hair and stinks and the other has big feet.

Iceaxe
11-20-2007, 11:27 AM
SCOREBOARD... Total wins in series

Utah 53
BYU 32
Sister kissing 4

:popcorn:

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Your jokes are cute. I used to laugh at those in 3rd grade. Now try bringing real smack.

Here is an example: Conference Champions.

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Let's talk quality of win...

Fair enough, let's talk wins. BYU beat UNLV, as well as the rest of the conference teams they've played. See post above.

rockgremlin
11-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Aight...put up or shut up. Your predictions?

Mine:

Utah 24
BYU 20

The Dude
11-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Atta Boy Carpey. Represent the Blue and White

Time to break that 2 year drought of beating the yewts at our place. It's going to happen this year for sure.

BTW - I love this copied/pasted smack our yewt brethren try to use. How about something original???

It's going to be a good game (and I'll be there). I say BYU 32, yewtah 28.

Iceaxe
11-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Hear about the man eating tiger that got lose at BYU???

It starved to death...
:roflol:

Kent K25
11-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Who taught the Yewts to smack talk? Lame jokes is all you have? Someone needs to get in here and attempt to help save some face for the ladies in red.

ericchile
11-20-2007, 01:23 PM
wow a lot of reguritated jokes from the 80s.....

Oh and is UCLA and Lousville are not ranked anymore? But guess who is!

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 01:25 PM
...that got lose at BYU...

Where did you get your college degree? Utah? The correct spelling is "L-O-O-S-E."

"L-O-S-E" is what the Utes are going to do on Saturday, sucka.

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Q: What is the difference between a BYU Coed and Sasquatch?
To Ice? Nothing. As long as they both have a pulse, he'll sleep with either... :roflol: And then post on uutah about his victorious night out... :lol8:

Scott Card
11-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Great photos Dan. Man I've been bustin' a gut reading this thread.

BYU - 28
Utah - 14

However, I hope it is more like 42-3 for BYU.

BYU will only score 28 because the odds of a gadget play coming from Bronco are nil and he may back off on defense which will make the game interesting. And the odds of an onside kick when we are ahead are less than nil. Now put that Wyoming state bird back in the cage.

Iceaxe
11-20-2007, 03:33 PM
Oh ands UCLA and Lousville are not ranked anymore? But guess who is!

Guess who cost UCLA and Louisville their ranking? Guess who is going to steal BYU's ranking?

Enjoy your ranking ya green jello slurping Zoobies.... it's the last ya'll will see it this year.

:2thumbs:

Iceaxe
11-20-2007, 03:45 PM
To Ice? Nothing. As long as they both have a pulse, he'll sleep with either... :roflol: And then post on uutah about his victorious night out... :lol8:

Dude... lets get a couple things straight.... first... who said anything about needin' a pulse? And second... every night I take a victory lap around the ol' Ice House.

Now where did I put my flask.... got to find it so I can drink somethin' descent when I step 20 years back in time this weekend by entering the bubble better known as Utah County. Oh well.... it's fun to see what the fashions and hair styles were 20 years ago...

:five:

ericchile
11-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Oh ands UCLA and Lousville are not ranked anymore? But guess who is!

Guess who cost UCLA and Louisville their ranking? Guess who is going to steal BYU's ranking?

Actually they lost their ranking because of a poor season. UCLA has played great games and poor games all season. Beating some good teams and loosing to some bad teams (ie ND). IMHO poor coaching.

Louisville has had a poor season too.....

All in all this game will be a tough one for both teams looking at their season this year. The Utes are underranked due to a poor start. BYU is under ranked after loosing too close games.

Anyone know what the Odds are at Vegas?

Iceaxe
11-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Anyone know what the Odds are at Vegas?

Latest line has BYU as a 4 1/2 point favorite.

The over/under is 47 1/2.

Iceaxe
11-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Anther game I really want to watch is Friday nights Boise vs Hawaii... the Spread Option vs the Run & Gun.

Hawaii is a 3 1/2 point favorite.... the crazy part is the over/under is 74!!! If you are a gambler you'll know that is rare air. The winner should end up with a BCS bet unless the majors can figure out a way to screw them out of it.

:rockon:

double moo
11-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Real football talk for a moment?

No one has passed much against the U this year. Unfortunately I think BYU's QB could take it to them. The Utes DBs and Safetys may be in for a long day.

On the other hand the Utes defense held their opponents touchdown less for 11 quarters until the 3rd last saturday. Then again no score in the 4th. Gotta give them credit for 12 out of the last 13 quarters without a touchdown. I haven't watched the Cougars play this year but their past MO was to score high and hope the opponent didn't score as high.

Yes I attended the Y 28 years ago - back in the Jim McMahon heyday... and it was beautiful at the time.

Now I'm a season ticket holding Ute fan. Sorry folks... I stopped drinking the kool-aid and saw the light!!!

and what is the difference between a BYU Co-ed and a toilet....
The toilet doesn't follow you around after you use it!!

Iceaxe
11-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Honestly.... outside of Tulsa, UCLA and Air force The Y has not really played any descent teams this year.... and of the descent teams mentioned above they are only 1-2.

Not saying the U has done much better.... but winning at Louisville in prime time on national TV was a big win. So was knocking off a then ranked UCLA. And they did beat a good Air Force (same as BYU).

I honestly think BYU is going to get beat this year. usually I'm more of a pick'em guy for this game when I'm not talkin' shit.

shlingdawg
11-20-2007, 06:35 PM
B Y Who?

Utes by 10

The thing that really cracks me up is that BYPoo fans honestly think that God is on their side. :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

double moo
11-20-2007, 07:37 PM
Not saying the U has done much better.... And they did beat a good Air Force (same as BYU).

Sorry Ice... but Air Force took it to us 20 to 12. I thought I was going to have to go suit up at half time... honestly I could have done better than the squid at QB. One of those games we would rather forget... that and UNLV. Oregon just out played us... the others... well... the Utes jest never showed up.

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 08:56 PM
And they did beat a good Air Force (same as BYU).

:roflol: :roflol: What game did you watch?

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 08:58 PM
The thing that really cracks me up is that BYPoo fans honestly think that God is on their side.

Right... At least Utah fans THINK that BYU fans believe that. Gimme a break, it's football. But hey, I'm just glad to see Ute fans are actually thinking.

CarpeyBiggs
11-20-2007, 09:00 PM
Now where did I put my flask.... got to find it so I can drink somethin' descent when I step 20 years back in time this weekend by entering the bubble better known as Utah County. Oh well.... it's fun to see what the fashions and hair styles were 20 years ago...

Shane, we almost believe you... You talk as if you even have tickets to this game. But even if you did, at least your twenty year old jokes would finally have a time frame to match them. You might even get a chuckle or two over them. And with that fancy mullet hairstyle you like to rock, you'll fit right in. 84 was an awesome year, afterall! :2thumbs:

accadacca
11-20-2007, 09:36 PM
Joe Glen says,

http://i13.tinypic.com/82d76ut.png

accadacca
11-20-2007, 09:37 PM
http://www.alumni.utah.edu/continuum/fall04/images/sidelines.png

asdf
11-21-2007, 06:00 AM
Carpey, Your pics made it around the office ....

accadacca
11-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Video highlights of past games: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=2181700&nid=519 :2thumbs:

CarpeyBiggs
11-21-2007, 09:49 AM
http://echopic.com/img/d/8hg.jpg

CarpeyBiggs
11-21-2007, 09:49 AM
Here is Shane and his crew, getting ready for the big game.

http://echopic.com/img/d/8hh.jpg

Iceaxe
11-21-2007, 10:56 AM
That's hilarious.... I love the way you put a picture of the head of the ACA in his super canyon suit in the boat with my little band of mis-fits. :lol8:

http://www.boesewicht.de/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/tronguy.jpg

NOTE: Add more beer to the boat.... that much won't last my merry crew.

RugerShooter
11-21-2007, 11:01 AM
:utes4: Utah by 3 :utes3:

Iceaxe
11-21-2007, 04:37 PM

live2ride
11-21-2007, 04:59 PM
A ute fans wife

http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/FatWomenTryingtogetpantson.jpg

live2ride
11-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Another Ute fan in her red bikini

http://iamamericanperiod.com/photogallery/People/Fat%20Bikini.jpg It would be a BYU fan if it was blue, but most I find are red!! LOL

one morehttp://www.crazyshit.com/site/pics/images/really_fat_chick.jpg

Ok, I think BYU will win this one 31-28. I just want it to be a good game.

Iceaxe
11-22-2007, 06:23 PM
BYU
http://www.gifflix.com/data/media/81/raped_copy.jpg

CarpeyBiggs
11-24-2007, 07:55 AM
The way Utah plays dirty, there definitely will be some guys who risk being violated. Luckily, raping doesn't mean winning.

On my way to the game in a few minutes. Enjoy the beatdown from your couch, Ice. It's gonna be a good one.

BYU - 28
Utah - 24

accadacca
11-24-2007, 08:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yUayn2vYNg

DirkHammergate
11-24-2007, 09:42 AM
I like the home team to finally win at Home. This should be a good one, both teams playing well, I initially leaned towards the U just cause they seem to be on that late season streak again but figure being in Provo has to count for something.

Go Utes

Kent K25
11-24-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks to the wonderful internet I can watch this in Orlando!

Both teams look terrible so far though (4 min left in the 4th, 9-3 BYU when posted).

Kent K25
11-24-2007, 02:23 PM
10-9 Utah with 1:34 left. Yewts just put together the first complete, reasonably good looking drive of the game.

Can BYU answer...?

Whoops, forgot to post this one....

And of course, we did answer, put together an ugly drive though. Aided by a poor decision in the Yewt secondary to rough a receiver after the ball was gone (not the same as the previous call against Utah, the ball was LONG gone). Then a P.I. call that could have gone either way, but the Yewt initiated the contact (in my biased opinion).

DirkHammergate
11-24-2007, 03:30 PM
And of course, we did answer, put together an ugly drive though. Aided by a poor decision in the Yewt secondary to rough a receiver after the ball was gone (not the same as the previous call against Utah, the ball was LONG gone). Then a P.I. call that could have gone either way, but the Yewt initiated the contact (in my biased opinion).

Here is one thing I learned really well during my divorce which can be applied here, what would your reaction be if the shoe was on the other foot?

You know BYU fan would have lynched those refs right at midfield.

DirkHammergate
11-24-2007, 03:33 PM

Here is one thing I learned really well during my divorce which can be applied here, what would your reaction be if the shoe was on the other foot?

My unbiased opinion???

1) The Utes blew it when they let Collie get loose for 50 on 4th and 19, ouch.
2) I detest games where the ref's become the story (this is why I hate the NBA).
3) I thought this game would go to the home team, Dirk was right.

asdf
11-24-2007, 04:06 PM
I bet on BYU -2.5 for the first half and won. Then I bet 2ndHalf Over 21.5 and won again.

We are eating at sizzler tonight! :five:

DirkHammergate
11-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I bet on BYU -2.5 for the first half and won. Then I bet 2ndHalf Over 21.5 and won again.

We are eating at sizzler tonight! :five:

Well done!

CarpeyBiggs
11-24-2007, 04:08 PM
1) The Utes blew it when they let Collie get loose for 50 on 4th and 19, ouch.

Agreed. Big mistake on Utah's part.

2) I detest games where the ref's become the story (this is why I hate the NBA).
The ref's are not the story of this game. BYU beat Utah in every facet of the game today. One P.I. call was questionable, but it didn't change the outcome of the game. No true fan can blame the refs for this loss.

3) I thought this game would go to the home team, Dirk was right.
The game went to the better team. 15 straight conference victories and 2 straight outright conference championships.

Kent K25
11-24-2007, 04:26 PM

I only partially agree. I hate to blame the refs no matter what. It's a cop out. If I was a Yewt fan my biased opinion would have been that they were bad calls, but that the Yewts still blew it. Leaving Collie open....dropping that pass on the 20 on their final failed drive etc...

You can't point to calls on the last BYU drive as the reason you lost the game. There are blown calls all game every game (with VERY FEW exceptions) that turn the tides of the game, but they are let go of as the game goes on. Both teams get screwed at one point or another during the game that has just as much of an effect on the game as points could have been scored earlier in the game to make the ending entirely different.

The BYU vs. UCLA game bothered when they refs blew two booth reviewed plays where replay showed they were wrong. Even booth reviews end up wrong occasionally when they are close calls, those two just blew my mind though. In the end we still should have won the game, but we couldn't get it done. We were to blame, not the refs.

It happens to everyone, it's part of the game. Unless it's super ugly (Mavs vs. Heat in the finals a few years ago), you can't blame the refs.

Iceaxe
11-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Ice doesn't take loss very well.....

The Dude
11-24-2007, 05:39 PM
Again, I get to go the next 365 days without any Ute fans smack.

What a great game.

What a great picture:

http://www.danransom.com/blog/images/20071124175345_touchdown.jpg

sparker1
11-24-2007, 05:43 PM
Who cares about Utah/BYU? Isn't this just the WAC? Florida walked over FSU in the real game. :bootyshake:

The Dude
11-24-2007, 05:52 PM
LOL!! About 9 years ago this was the WAC. Now it's the mighty MWC with their mighty "The mountain" channel, seen by hundreds of MWC fans in the inter-mountain region.

DirkHammergate
11-24-2007, 05:54 PM

I only partially agree. I hate to blame the refs no matter what. It's a cop out. If I was a Yewt fan my biased opinion would have been that they were bad calls, but that the Yewts still blew it. Leaving Collie open....dropping that pass on the 20 on their final failed drive etc...

You can't point to calls on the last BYU drive as the reason you lost the game. There are blown calls all game every game (with VERY FEW exceptions) that turn the tides of the game, but they are let go of as the game goes on. Both teams get screwed at one point or another during the game that has just as much of an effect on the game as points could have been scored earlier in the game to make the ending entirely different.

The BYU vs. UCLA game bothered when they refs blew two booth reviewed plays where replay showed they were wrong. Even booth reviews end up wrong occasionally when they are close calls, those two just blew my mind though. In the end we still should have won the game, but we couldn't get it done. We were to blame, not the refs.

It happens to everyone, it's part of the game. Unless it's super ugly (Mavs vs. Heat in the finals a few years ago), you can't blame the refs.

Dear Sir,

I totally agree with the fact that you don't put yourself in a position to get jobb'd.

Sincerely,

Michael Jordon, David Stern, Joey Crawford, and Tim Donaghy

DirkHammergate
11-24-2007, 05:56 PM
LOL!! About 9 years ago this was the WAC. Now it's the mighty MWC with their mighty "The mountain" channel, seen by hundreds of MWC fans in the inter-mountain region.

I went to my office to watch it and the f'in satelite reception would only go to channel 148, so I got up on the roof and started hammering on the Dish, now we don't have any channels.

I hate this TV deal!

Iceaxe
11-24-2007, 06:21 PM
Who cares about Utah/BYU? Isn't this just the WAC? Florida walked over FSU in the real game. :bootyshake:

I'm just hoping like hell that Florida get's Hawaii in a BCS bowl. :haha:

Mid-Majors 2
Majors 0

asdf
11-24-2007, 06:25 PM
All this fuss over "The mountain" channel and it has worst picture quality I have ever seen. Seriously, I have seen rabbit ears pick up a better picture.

Iceaxe
11-24-2007, 06:31 PM
"The Mountain" is best described as a train wreck....

YMMV

accadacca
11-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Man was that a booooorrrrrrring game. That is until the last 5 minutes. I had been flipping to all the other games all day. Freakin' field goal contest and BYU has become the Brigham Young Runnin' Unga's. I guess you have to go with what works, but man its like watching the Denver Broncos. Smash mouth football is a sleeper and I would not expect that from quarterback university. I didn't know that Unga had 1000 yards rushing this season. . .AND it was the first time for a BYU back? WTF!:eek2:

accadacca
11-24-2007, 06:50 PM
"The Mountain" is best described as a train wreck....

YMMV
YMMV! No your quote is dead on. I took several broadcast classes in college and worked in the industry. It doesn't take much observation to notice the obvious. And surprise, surprise. . .I have not seen one highlight from the game on ESPN yet. :roll:

Kent K25
11-24-2007, 06:52 PM

Gag me, I can't stand Florida, doesn't help that they have Urban. Florida was good last year, but they're underachievers this year :)

Other than BYU over Utah, and WVU all but sealing a championship game birth (better beat Pitt), the best game this weekend was watching LSU lose!

Kent K25
11-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Again, I get to go the next 365 days without any Ute fans smack.

What a great game.

What a great picture:

http://www.danransom.com/blog/images/20071124175345_touchdown.jpg

GREAT PIC! Now we need a link to the rest of em...

Iceaxe
11-24-2007, 07:03 PM
The Mountain has got to be killing the MWC teams in recruiting.... I mean honestly..... Boise, Fresno, San Jose go after the same players as most MWC teams..... you know the drill.... Calif kids who are talented but over looked by the majors because he is to small/slow/poor grades....

So the kid goes home and says "hey mom, I can play at Utah and you will see me on TV once this year on a third teir boradcast.... or I can play for Boise and be on ESPN in HD 5 times".

If the MWC doesn't get their crap together they are going to become the WAC's weak little sister.

http://www.byusucks.net/images/byuspecialolympics.jpg

CarpeyBiggs
11-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Man was that a booooorrrrrrring game. That is until the last 5 minutes. I had been flipping to all the other games all day. Freakin' field goal contest and BYU has become the Brigham Young Runnin' Unga's. I guess you have to go with what works, but man its like watching the Denver Broncos. Smash mouth football is a sleeper and I would not expect that from quarterback university. I didn't know that Unga had 1000 yards rushing this season. . .AND it was the first time for a BYU back? WTF!:eek2:

First time? What are you smoking? Staley had over 2,000 just a few years back. Maybe the first time for a freshman...

CarpeyBiggs
11-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Must hurt having retarded spiritual kids kick the asses of the big tough drunk felons. Don't worry though, basketball season is almost here for you guys... Oh wait...

BTW, you might've missed that BYU beat the #6 ranked team in the nation last night in basketball.

CarpeyBiggs
11-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Game pics are here:

http://www.danransom.com/TripReports/?p=140

accadacca
11-24-2007, 07:32 PM
First time? What are you smoking? Staley had over 2,000 just a few years back. Maybe the first time for a freshman...
2,000? Your smoking the bigger bong. The point is BYU has never been a running back school and now they have 3 and they run on more than half their downs. Find me a reference to your 2,000 yard number. No way in hell a BYU back has rushed for over 2,000 yards in a season!

DirkHammergate
11-24-2007, 08:13 PM
2,000? Your smoking the bigger bong. The point is BYU has never been a running back school and now they have 3 and they run on more than half their downs. Find me a reference to your 2,000 yard number. No way in hell a BYU back has rushed for over 2,000 yards in a season!

Here is the BYU All-Time Rushing List

1.Jamal Willis 2,970 yards (1991-1994)
2.Curtis Brown 2,932 yards (2002-present)
3.Lakei Heimuli 2,710 yards (1984-1986)
4.Jeff Blanc 2,663 yards (1973-1975)
5.Luke Staley 2,493 yards (1999-2001)
6.Pete Van Valkenburg 2,492 yards (1970-1972)
7.John Ogden 2,363 yards (1964-1966)

So, yeah, no way Staley ran 2,000 of those 2493 in one year. On a side note, why did that guy leave early? Was he hiding an injury or just dumb?

CarpeyBiggs
11-24-2007, 08:31 PM
Sorry, he ran for 1600 as a Junior, and won the Doak Walker Award, which goes to the best running back in the nation. He was injured in the Miss. St game, and missed essentially the last two games. (edit: I was clearly thinking of his career number for 2,000 in the season. I just remember him running wild over everyone that season. My memory failed me... At any rate, 1,000 yard rushers have become the norm at BYU in the last few seasons.)

From Wikipedia "His incredible rushing average (8.1 yards per carry) led the NCAA, and his 143.8 rushing yards per game ranked third nationally. Staley added 32 receptions for 334 yards and 4 touchdowns; he led the nation in total touchdowns (28) and scoring (15.5 points per game). Staley twice tied BYU's school record for touchdowns in a game, scoring 5 against both Utah State and Colorado State." (end wikipedia)

He declared for the draft due to the injury (broken leg) but never fully recovered.

Also, BYU doesn't have three good running backs right now. They have one in Unga. Tonga, and Vakapuna are hardly "good." Average, perhaps, but not "good." Tonga is a great blocking back, and has good hands. Vakapuna is slow as hell nowadays, rarely touches the ball. Semanoff plays fullback, but only gets garbage carries. Unga is their man.

CarpeyBiggs
11-24-2007, 08:34 PM
The point is BYU has never been a running back school and now they have 3 and they run on more than half their downs.

Since Anae came on, BYU relies HEAVILY on their running backs. This is the third straight year that BYU has had a 1,000 yd rusher, and the RB's almost always lead the team in receptions.

The backs aren't typical running backs, but they are definitely the focus of the offense, and have been for a few seasons now.

Scott Card
11-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Game pics are here:

http://www.danransom.com/TripReports/?p=140

Great photos. I loved the one of the sign "My first words were Unga" :haha: Nice shots of Unga on his dropped pass and his touchdown when he bulldozed #17. Saaaaweeeet. Actually kinda an ugly game but hey, it's a "W". I was impressed with the Ute defense. I really thought that the Y would do better on offense. As to the game being boring, I thought it was pretty intense. I have never heard the crowd in Cougar Stadium that loud from start to finish. Fun atmosphere. And the Ute fans around us were pretty cool. Of course they were significantly out numbered. :haha: :five:

As to the Mountain, I totally agree that it will kill the conference. I just watched the Y take on No. 1 No. Carolina. Dang near pulled off the upset. But Dick Vital didn't even know who Trent Plaisted was and yet he was very impressed with him. Do you think any one else would know who any of our teams are unless we occasionally get on another channel? I am sick of the Mountain, VS, an CSTV. Agreed the coverage is poor. Half of the time the camera gets faked out with the fake on the field. Disgusting. :frustrated: The Mountain can't help recruiting.

Scott Card
11-24-2007, 10:44 PM
As to Unga, I am pretty sure he is the first Freshman at BYU that has rushed for 1000 + yards. :2thumbs:

ericchile
11-25-2007, 08:01 AM
7th row up in the South endzone! Great game. Defense was the reason we won though....

live2ride
11-25-2007, 10:15 AM
"Rush the field for the party"

Don't you mean closing prayer. :roflol: Byu is the worst school in the world to host a "party"

Kent K25
11-25-2007, 02:19 PM
"Rush the field for the party"

Don't you mean closing prayer. :roflol: Byu is the worst school in the world to host a "party"

A crappy party beats having to go home and cry with Wittingham again.

CarpeyBiggs
11-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Yo Ice, this one's for you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H_azY1iPr9U

Iceaxe
11-26-2007, 08:08 AM
I think what he is really trying to say is.....

DirkHammergate
11-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Which one of you Cougars head butted this guy?

http://media.bonnint.net/slc/288/28811/2881195.jpg[/url]

CarpeyBiggs
11-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Which one of you Cougars head butted this guy?

http://media.bonnint.net/slc/288/28811/2881195.jpg[/url]

Rumor has it was some Polynesian chick.

CarpeyBiggs
11-26-2007, 11:46 AM
This guy is a straight up lying pansy. Do you know him Ice? Here he is after he got his "nose broken, with blood gushing all over his face." A guy in the stands took this picture. With that serious wound, it looks like a 5th grade girl pinched him or something. Nothing resembling a broken nose.

Wow, must've been really painful. And it sure seems the cop is empathetic. What a yewt-douche.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y134/adamparkcity/DSC02419.jpg

Iceaxe
11-26-2007, 11:54 AM
That pussy needs to turn in his "Utah Man" card....

accadacca
11-26-2007, 11:56 AM
Yo Ice, this one's for you.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H_azY1iPr9U
Wow! Is that Collie? For real? :popcorn:

Brewhaha
11-26-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm a Y fan but I just want to ask: Do people (like Collie) realize how moronic they sound when they claim that God cares about how a football games turns out?

Iceaxe
11-26-2007, 12:08 PM
Do people (like Collie) realize how moronic they sound when they claim that God cares about how a football games turns out?

How else can you explain completing a pass for a first down on 4th and forever???

:ne_nau:

Happened two years in a row.... I'm starting to believe....

:haha:

But personally I'd still rather have pre-marital sex over scoring a TD.

:roflol:

CarpeyBiggs
11-26-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm a Y fan but I just want to ask: Do people (like Collie) realize how moronic they sound when they claim that God cares about how a football games turns out?

Only in Utah, my friends... People give props to God all the time in professional sports, and nobody says jack about it. But if a BYU player does, it becomes news... Why is that?

Gutpiler_Utahn
11-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Only in Utah, my friends... People give props to God all the time in professional sports, and nobody says jack about it. But if a BYU player does, it becomes news... Why is that?

Good point... :ne_nau:

James_B_Wads2000
11-26-2007, 02:56 PM
How else can you explain completing a pass for a first down on 4th and forever???

:ne_nau:

It wasn

Rev. Coyote
11-27-2007, 02:25 PM
Is BYU really a legitimate school? We have Liberty University here in VA (Falwell's little experiment) and it has the credibility of, well, nothing.

Kent K25
11-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Is BYU really a legitimate school? We have Liberty University here in VA (Falwell's little experiment) and it has the credibility of, well, nothing.

Care to qualify your question a little more.....?

Legitimate academically? Yes
Legitimate Title contenders in the major sports? No
Legitimate birthchild of lawfully wedded parents? No Comment

CarpeyBiggs
11-27-2007, 10:00 PM

Are you a legitimate reverend?

Rev. Coyote
11-28-2007, 05:48 AM

Are you a legitimate reverend?

Ahhh ... the old "answer with a question." Yes, I am.

To Kent, as well, I was asking the question in all seriousness. But here goes: In Virginia, Liberty University (while an accredited school) is no more than a VERY weak college fronting for a religious/political brainwashing camp. Is BYU the same deal, or is it merely a church-supported school? For example, I went to a Methodist school as a non-Methodist, and was never subject to recruitment or pressure to convert or evangelize for the church.

I'd be most interested in responses from any non-Mormon BYU grads.

Don't get your back up. It's a legitimate question.

OR maybe it's better to keep talking about football! Never mind...I just can't help myself.

CarpeyBiggs
11-28-2007, 06:06 AM
Hey Rev,

I figured by now you'd know my religious and political feelings... Figured we were just joking.

As to BYU being legitimate? Yeah, very much so. It has very high ratings for both it's law school and business schools. It has over 30,000 students, and has the highest admission standards of any college in Utah. Average ACT for an entering student is about 28.

A study of religion is required for graduation, but non-mormons have plenty of flexibility. They have to study Mormonism for a couple of semesters, the other semesters they can study Old and New Testaments, as well as other areas of emphasis. But hey, look at me, I'd consider myself an agnostic. And where did I discover this? Why at BYU, of course.

Definitely some peculiar aspects to the place, as it is 99 percent Mormon, and students have to live by a fairly strict "Honor Code." But other than that, it is a well respected University. At least, that's what they told me... :haha:

Scott Card
11-28-2007, 11:38 AM
I'd be most interested in responses from any non-Mormon BYU grads.

There you go, not picking me for the team. I taught "Mormonism" as Dan says, at BYU. So, "No Soup for you!". :lol8:

Rev. Coyote
11-28-2007, 11:43 AM
It has over 30,000 students,

Wow! That's a big school. Had no idea.

Kent K25
11-28-2007, 10:01 PM
Looks like he answered the question pretty well all ready.

My wife is getting her Master's in accounting, and the Marriott School is ranked 2nd in the nation by the Accounting Standards board. The recruiters send her crap all the time.

Rev. Coyote
11-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Looks like he answered the question pretty well all ready.

My wife is getting her Master's in accounting, and the Marriott School is ranked 2nd in the nation by the Accounting Standards board. The recruiters send her crap all the time.

OK, sounds waaaaay different from Liberty.

asdf
11-29-2007, 07:39 AM
I really wanted to make a comment about how most accountants lack a personality and that statement could also apply to most BYU students (not all them... but more then a few). But I did not want to insult your wife so I did my best to hold it. :haha:

My brother is an accountant for E and Y. He has a personality (he went to the U) but his co-workers lost their personalities a long time ago.

Rev. Coyote
11-29-2007, 08:11 AM
So I guess what I'm hearing is that Mormons are smarter than Baptists. Makes complete sense to me.

Kent K25
11-29-2007, 11:32 AM
I really wanted to make a comment about how most accountants lack a personality and that statement could also apply to most BYU students (not all them... but more then a few). But I did not want to insult your wife so I did my best to hold it. :haha:

My brother is an accountant for E and Y. He has a personality (he went to the U) but his co-workers lost their personalities a long time ago.

LOL, I wouldn't be offended. She knows full well that I can't stand going to the socials, etc that they have whenever the big companies come to woo them. Just a bunch of ego's stuffed in suits at those things, students and recruiters included.

I'm studying Mechanical Engineering though.....so I'm surrounded by social ineptitude.

Iceaxe
11-29-2007, 11:45 AM
FWIW: It's a well know fact around these parts that if you send your daughter to BYU and she graduates without a husband the money you paid for tuition was wasted.

:lol-lol:

accadacca
07-11-2008, 03:31 PM
I took this the other day and HAD to post it on Bogley. "Follow the Prophet. He's a Utah Grad!!" :roflol:

Kent K25
07-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Exactly! Follow the prophet, he has shown true repentance! Even you can recover from great sin if he can recover from going to the U :haha:

millerde336
01-11-2013, 12:14 AM
I love this copied/pasted smack our yewt brethren try to use. How about something original???

rockgremlin
08-29-2019, 07:45 AM
I reckon I'll just trot this thread out from the archives. It's been six years since anybody posted anything in this thread ~ back then the Utes would've been on the verge of their third victory in the current Holy War win streak.

It's funny how the zoobers can be so optimistic in the face of crushing defeat. They'll likely lose again tonight, but that doesn't stop them from predicting a BYU victory according to most of the staff writers over at VanquishtheFoe:

https://www.vanquishthefoe.com/2019/8/28/20836701/byu-utah-football-score-predictions-holy-war

Admittedly some are pretty funny.

BasinCruiser
08-29-2019, 07:50 PM
Looking for big game tonight from Covey, Moss, and Huntley.