PDA

View Full Version : What's The Nerdiest Thing Aboot You?

Iceaxe
11-17-2007, 08:01 AM
I'll go first.....

I can quote or identify just about any quote from every Sienfield.

:cool2:

live2ride
11-17-2007, 09:41 AM
I was ranked 65th (out of 90,000)in the world on Socom FTB2 (psp online gaming) and I used to play all night long every night! LOL!!!

live2ride
11-17-2007, 10:02 AM
One more thing, I like RC cars and spend ungodly amounts of cash on them LOL!!

Mtnman1830
11-17-2007, 12:21 PM
I am an avid GEOCACHER!!!!

Udink
11-17-2007, 01:17 PM
I am an avid GEOCACHER!!!!
Haha...that would have to be the nerdiest thing about me too! :lol8:

denaliguide
11-17-2007, 01:17 PM
i usually travel with my laptop and a large format printer that i plug into the cigarette lighter of my truck for power. the printer will do a 13x19 sheet of paper. this way i can print a fresh map for each day from my nat. geo. TOPO software. i can also download/upload any waypoints from/to my gps and download photos from my camera onto the laptop.

R
11-17-2007, 01:30 PM
Two words: Ham Radio!

-Richard, KC5TFZ :cool2:

Cirrus2000
11-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Like denaliguide, my laptop goes everywhere with me. For longer trips, I hook up the GPS and navigate using that thing, with Microsoft Sally telling me how to get there.

On hikes I'm kind of nerdy with my iPod, camera, altimeter watch and GPS all strapped to various locations. Gotta have the toys...

Alex
11-17-2007, 02:01 PM
I have a Dell XPS 1730 laptop for my workstation at work. :cool2:

Blackberry never leaves my site, I was an alpha tester for Everquest online game. I witnessed Lord British death in Ultima Online http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_British My nickname was BetaBoy on Utah Counter Strike beta servers (kicked ass :cool2: )

I drive a Honda Element :mrgreen: :cool2:

savanna3313
11-17-2007, 02:59 PM
I am a member of uutah. :haha:

denaliguide
11-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I am a member of uutah. :haha:

looks like we have a winner! :roflol: :roflol:

Scout Master
11-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Over 20,000 names in my Genealogy database.

LOAH
11-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Yeah, my nerdiest qualities would have to fall under being a member of ANY forum, let alone several.http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u260/justisaurus_bucket/nerd.jpg

...and I have a small library of emoticons.

I think everyone is a nerd for something.

accadacca
11-18-2007, 03:31 PM
I broke down and bought an iPhone. :jump_nutt:

Sombeech
11-18-2007, 04:02 PM
I wish I would have auditioned for American Idol while I was still in the age range.

Iceaxe
11-18-2007, 04:28 PM

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g130/infernalledgend/dumbass.jpg

greyhair biker
11-18-2007, 08:22 PM
I don't seem to be able to narrow it down to just one nerdy thing so I'll pull it out of the past....
I was a band geek....
...and I took first place in our high school in the National Math Exam my senior year
...and I was in the VICA club...electronics group....went to state competions and everything......scary huh?
...hope thats' enough for now :mrgreen:

Sombeech
11-19-2007, 06:33 AM
I played John Denver on my guitar the first 3 years of learning.

asdf
11-19-2007, 06:53 AM
I am huge star wars fan.

jumar
11-19-2007, 08:19 AM
I am huge star wars fan.

Me too :oops:

cachehiker
11-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Let's see:

I sew.

I cook.

I decorate.

I attend yoga classes.

I'm often seen in spandex.

Either I'm very secure with my masculinity or someday I'll make somebody a very nice wife.

:lol8:

tapehoser
11-19-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm a drama fag. Or, as my best friend likes to call me..."something that rhymes with thespian". Which is pretty insulting, cause I'm a dude. And married.

My next role will come in March when I play Harold Hill in 'The Music Man'.

Heck, in high school I took 1st place in the State 4A Drama Competition.

asdf
11-19-2007, 10:15 AM
I am a level 43 in halo3... Lone Wolf.

Jaxx
11-19-2007, 10:39 AM
I used to knit...

orvis1
11-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Fantasy football junkie

Post in multiple forums...

Scott Card
11-19-2007, 02:12 PM
Barney Fife cracks me up. Still a big "Andy Griffith Show" fan :lol8:

erial
11-19-2007, 02:52 PM
As the 8th grade graduation prom approached, i remember crowding into Bob Hasiuk's bedroom with a bunch of other guys and Billy Wright giving us a crash course on how to do the Mashed Potatoes in front of a floor length mirror. My Potatoes were so lumpy I never ventured out onto the gym floor. Never was able to carry a tune or play an instrument, and though from time to time i've had a mind to "f**k art, let's dance", that literally remains unexecutable on my part.

James_B_Wads2000
11-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Huge Star Wars fan and of Star Treck the next generation.

I can quote almost every Simpsons episode.

All things math and science interest me, if fact if it wasn

stefan
11-20-2007, 03:39 PM

http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g130/infernalledgend/dumbass.jpg

and i am here thinking how funny it is that you have so many hangups about the only phone out there that can properly display your betamill site in all it's html glory. in fact, some of the menus are straightup cooler than what the computer browser produces ... with a little pseudo-3D roller.

but hey, man, whatever rocks your van :ne_nau:

Iceaxe
11-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Gosh.... if climb-utah.com looks cool on the I-phone then maybe everyone should own one?

Heck.... maybe Apple will sponsor me and I will get rich and retire.... that will give me more time to spew beta to the unworthy....

:five:

DaveOU812
11-20-2007, 05:23 PM
Favorite TV shows...How its made, modern marvels, and anything on the history channel. Nerdiness part two, I don't watch much else on tv, besides House, I would much rather read an article on the web. Wikipedia, my favorite website, besides UUtah of course.

asdf
11-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Favorite TV shows...How its made, modern marvels, and anything on the history channel. Nerdiness part two, I don't watch much else on tv, besides House, I would much rather read an article on the web. Wikipedia, my favorite website, besides UUtah of course.

I pretty much watch the same shows as you. I would think you were more of a nerd if you watched MTV.

Mtnbiker
11-20-2007, 08:01 PM
I just relaxed in a bubble bath with a glass of wine..

wait, did you say gayest, or nerdiest? Ok well earlier in the day I swore and burped a lot so that should even me out for the day.

:mrgreen: :roflol:

tanya
11-20-2007, 08:46 PM
http://www.peacebuttons.info/E-News/images/CaptainKirk_Uhura.jpg

:slobber:

tanya
11-20-2007, 08:48 PM

House rules!

Iceaxe
11-21-2007, 06:32 PM
and i am here thinking how funny it is that you have so many hangups about the only phone out there that can properly display your betamill site in all it's html glory.

WRONG!!!!

My betamill looks awesome on the Moblie Q and you don't have to bend over for Apple.

http://www.everythingq.com/images/stories/amped/amped-moto-q.jpg

accadacca
11-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Take a pic of climb-utah on that thing and let's compare.

Iceaxe
11-22-2007, 07:22 AM

Hell.... I don't have one. I hate phones and seldom use them. I was just playing with my brothers last night and it was pretty cool.... Of course I surfed into climb-utah to check it out and see what it looked like on one of them thar new fangled gadgets. Kinda wanted to make sure my website was phone friendly....

You could get into everything and read everything, including the maps. Only downside, which I assume is a problem with all phones of this type, is my fat little fingers don't do well with the itty bitty keyboard.

asdf
11-22-2007, 08:30 AM
I hate the internet on phones. Sure its sweet but I would rather look at web pages and check email on a large screen with a real keyboard and mouse. The internet is just not something I need in my pocket.. I can just wait until I get home or back to the office.
Also I break about 3 cell phones year. So buying an expensive one is pretty much pointless for me.

tanya
11-22-2007, 08:33 AM

Hell.... I don't have one. I hate phones and seldom use them. I was just playing with my brothers last night and it was pretty cool.... Of course I surfed into climb-utah to check it out and see what it looked like on one of them thar new fangled gadgets. Kinda wanted to make sure my website was phone friendly....

You could get into everything and read everything, including the maps. Only downside, which I assume is a problem with all phones of this type, is my fat little fingers don't do well with the itty bitty keyboard.

I am with Ice. I want no part of carrying a phone with me. If you are not the person with me... then I don't want to hear from you at the moment. :twisted: I also never answer them at home or work.

I like nice quiet email that I can ignore or not. :nod:

greyhair biker
11-22-2007, 08:44 AM
well, I am connected at the hip with the damn phone.....I really shouldnt be on here right now...my stress level involving this holiday has just about hit it's peak and I needed a release..so you people will help me out...
and yes, 'House' RULES! Kinda wish I had his temprament right now instead of being the family mediator. Ive already had to put my foot down today and state that if this bickering keeps up I will leave - on a bike ride. I really dont want to unleash the 'miner' today :frustrated:
:mrgreen:

tanya
11-22-2007, 09:05 AM
well, I am connected at the hip with the damn phone.....I really shouldnt be on here right now...my stress level involving this holiday has just about hit it's peak and I needed a release..so you people will help me out...
and yes, 'House' RULES! Kinda wish I had his temprament right now instead of being the family mediator. Ive already had to put my foot down today and state that if this bickering keeps up I will leave - on a bike ride. I really dont want to unleash the 'miner' today :frustrated:
:mrgreen:

I just sent out an email.. anyone that wants dinner with us.. meet at the Restaurant. Nothing different about today besides that... I hate stress and bickering. That way whoever wants to go can and if they dont, they dont have to. Best of all someone else gets to shop and clean up the mess!

About that island .... :naughty:

I think Shane has the right idea too.... he has permission (if I remember his post right) to ditch the group and do his own thing after dinner. Maybe a bike ride is in order before and after.

LJ
11-22-2007, 09:23 AM
I have every episode of MST3K on VCR tape and still watch an episode or two a month. Just hearing the theme song makes me laugh.

I've never gotten a speeding ticket - had to use the hair flip last summer though on one of Kane Counties' Finest.

I'm a CPA and actually enjoy my career in accounting.

Scout Master
11-22-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure if Playing Santa in Nerdy. I just know I really enjoy putting on the Red Suit for the kids. I am doing private party's this year. If any one needs a Santa for their party Msg. me

stefan
11-24-2007, 12:56 AM
the only phone out there that can properly display your betamill site in all it's html glory.

WRONG!!!!

My betamill looks awesome on the Moblie Q

guess you didn't read my post, but that's okay ... can probably blame it on the tryptophan, maybe the beer.

just so that we're clear on this, shane, the iphone is the only phone on the market right now that has a fully functional web browser that renders html as it is expressed by the html code. the motorola Q doesn't (of course it doesn't mean it's a bad device, but that should go without saying). if you write your own html then it should be clear to you what the difference is. maybe you're not up on how an iphone renders html. :ne_nau:

as someone, such as yourself, who is selling a product which is the webpage itself, i would imagine it's a good thing that some of your customers can take advantage of it.

calling someone a dumbass for getting an iphone ... pretty weak.

and you don't have to bend over for Apple.

well, i am not an expert on pricing, but from what i have read, in the end the iphone and the motorola q are comparable in cost after the phone + the service (save under special deals). not sure who's bending over, don't really care.

and obviously the iphone isn't the best or most appropriate device for everyone who is interested in even owning such a device. whatever works best for a person's situation is all that really matters.

Iceaxe
11-24-2007, 06:16 PM
calling someone a dumbass for getting an iphone ... pretty weak.

My god stefan... does it hurt much to walk around with that big stick up your ass??? :ne_nau:

The "go sit in the corner dumbass" picture was joke.... I'm happy to see that accadacca was bright enough to figure it out... as is just about everyone else who likes to participate in the usual Apple/MS smack talk.

the iphone is the only phone on the market right now that has a fully functional web browser that renders html as it is expressed by the html code.

I really don't give a shit if "the iphone is the only phone on the market that has a fully functional web browser that renders html as it is expressed by the html code." All I actually care about is that whatever device I'm looking at shows me what I expect to see... and the Q did that... I don't know nor do I really care how the code was rendered..... all I cared about was the phone did what it was supposed to do.

And now just for stefan because he has such a difficult time understanding what I write..... Please note in the above post that I just called you a humorless dick without actually saying either word.

CarpeyBiggs
11-24-2007, 06:21 PM
C'mon Shane, I know the loss must've been really hard this afternoon, but that doesn't excuse you for acting like a total dumb ass. Can't you mourn in private? :roflol:

Iceaxe
11-24-2007, 06:27 PM
I want to explain in further detail my orignal joke so I'll get some colorful graphs, bold pie charts and a powerpoint presentation. See ya at 10:00 p.m.

live2ride
11-25-2007, 11:06 AM
I want to explain in further detail my orignal joke so I'll get some colorful graphs, bold pie charts and a powerpoint presentation. See ya at 10:00 p.m.

I like the jokes, keep em rolling

DaveOU812
11-25-2007, 11:12 AM
Ice...I'm pretty dissappointed. I was excited for the pie charts and powerpoint presentation. I waited up all night. :haha: :five:

Iceaxe
11-25-2007, 11:42 AM
After giving it more thought the fact that someone actually knows or cares that the "iphone is the only phone on the market right now that has a fully functional web browser that renders html as it is expressed by the html code." has to be the winner in this what makes you a nerd thread.

It's obvious that junior grade nerds like myself don't stand a chance posting along side the home schooled kids.....

:haha:

Shan
11-26-2007, 11:42 AM
What an awesome Santa!

Hmm, Jaxx.. knitting? What did you make?

Let's see, I am the nerd galore according to my husband. Uh, gee thanks hon.

~ I have actually been to band camp, as well as jazz camp and orchestra camp. I'm musical.

~ I am studying engineering, and I am really excited to get my USU engineering T shirt that reads "Talk Nerdy to Me!"

~ I read cookbooks rather than regular books.

Jaxx
11-26-2007, 02:50 PM

I started making a blanket for my first daughter before she was born. I made it too wide and it took too long to finish. I never gave it to her and I still feel guilty about it.

Shan
11-26-2007, 03:15 PM

I started making a blanket for my first daughter before she was born. I made it too wide and it took too long to finish. I never gave it to her and I still feel guilty about it.

Aw that is too sweet! How old is she now? Will you ever give her the blanket? Hey maybe it can be a pashmina! :ne_nau:

Jaxx
11-26-2007, 03:50 PM
Aw that is too sweet! How old is she now? Will you ever give her the blanket? Hey maybe it can be a pashmina! :ne_nau:

The cat destroyed it a little while ago so I can never give it to her.. She is now 6.

greyhair biker
11-26-2007, 05:37 PM
COOL! i dont feel so nerdy anymore.....I can sew.....I love to cook(I watch the food network religiously)....I loved being a band geek, and so do my boys.
...now can we discuss sedimentary rock strata...anticlines...synclines...anyone? - geology is my HOBBY...is that sad?? :roflol: I own, among other geology related books, 'the Geological history of Yellowstone'... :ne_nau:

stefan
11-26-2007, 08:16 PM
COOL! i dont feel so nerdy anymore.....I can sew.....I love to cook(I watch the food network religiously)....I loved being a band geek, and so do my boys.
...now can we discuss sedimentary rock strata...anticlines...synclines...anyone? - geology is my HOBBY...is that sad?? :roflol: I own, among other geology related books, 'the Geological history of Yellowstone'... :ne_nau:

all great stuff. you must love how much the western us and all the wonder of the colorado plateau is made of this stuff.

never flown at low elevation over it, but i imagine it to be a great way of soaking it all in.

richard, you flown low over southern utah before?

greyhair biker
11-27-2007, 07:06 AM
remember...you got me started....
What I find fascinating is that the entire greenriver basin from the north all the way to south of southern utah has the same band of entrada sandstone, some areas exposed more than others & some not but the band of rock up here near Flaming Gorge and the strata in central and southern utah are essentially the same. Up here it's below the surface and it's exposed more and more as you travel south......ok, see what I mean...nerdnerdnerdnerdnerd :popcorn:

It's probably why I like this area to bike & hike in. There is so much diverse landscape that most of the time I dont notice that I live in a high arid desert surrounded by very little plant life...I mean really, look at my picsturs I posted of the new bike trail...no vegetation just rock strata :ne_nau:

stefan
11-27-2007, 07:54 AM
remember...you got me started....
What I find fascinating is that the entire greenriver basin from the north all the way to south of southern utah has the same band of entrada sandstone, some areas exposed more than others & some not but the band of rock up here near Flaming Gorge and the strata in central and southern utah are essentially the same. Up here it's below the surface and it's exposed more and more as you travel south......ok, see what I mean...nerdnerdnerdnerdnerd :popcorn:

yeah, it's impressive to imagine the sand dunes that spread out over the region that formed the sandstones, like the entrada and the even wider spread navajo.

one thing i mentioned to kev about dark canyon which you'd love wade is something you experience descending dark canyon if you pay attention. there you're on the western slope of the monument upwarp. the canyon descends the slope, in a westerly direction. when you descend the canyon from it's upper reaches, you start in the cedar mesa ss. as the canyon develops you see the honaker trail formation, halgaito shale, and the cedar mesa ss all stacked up above you. it's impressive, especially the honaker tr. formation. anyway, what's so neat is that you can monitor your depth with respect to the layers at different points of the canyon. in the middle for example, some characteristic layers are very very high, where as in the lower part they are much lower ... allowing you to realize that the angle of descent of the canyon is different from the angle of descent of the layer which skewed/bent by the upwarp.

similarly in grand gulch. almost the entire length of the canyon is in the cedar mesa ss (save its terminus). here the canyon essentially descends with the slab of cedar mesa down the upwarp to the southwest,

greyhair biker
11-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Yes, I'd love to hike the area if for nothing more than to study the strata. Many is the time I hike areas just to see the geology...and I remember the trail more so this way. Slickrock Swamp trail on the south border of Zions is that way for me. Fascinating stuff! Have you driven 191 from Vernal north to the Gorge? In certain circles its called the 'drive through the ages' because of the millions of years of history you see as a result of upheaval caused by among other things, plate tectonics...the SheepCreek Geological Loop is a 20 mile loop off 191 that showes a vivid display of this. Ok, rather than highjack this thread anymore I'll set back into the corner and let someone else throw down.... :lol8: nerdnerdnerdnerd(spamspamspamspam)

Randi
11-27-2007, 10:42 AM
I'll go first.....

I can quote or identify just about any quote from every Sienfield.

I wonder which is nerdier; the fact that you can quote Sienfield, or the fact that I've never even seen Sienfield?

My kids think that the nerdiest thing about me is that just about anything sweet, or sentimental or sad, or beautiful can bring me to tears. I even used to get all choked up reading children's storybooks to them when they were younger! Lame huh?

My kids actually watch me for signs of crying whenever we're watching movies, or something "sweet" happens. ~ They're like "look, hahaha, mom's crying again!" :popcorn:

My kids are SOOOO disrespectful! :frustrated:

~Randi

savanna3313
11-27-2007, 01:04 PM
My kids think that the nerdiest thing about me is that just about anything sweet, or sentimental or sad, or beautiful can bring me to tears.
~Randi

I am guilty of this as well. :nod: I boo-hoo at the drop of a hat.
:cry1: Even certain music can be especially lethal. We watched the movie "We are Marshall" Thanksgiving night and I knew what the movie was about, yet between my sister and I with the waterworks going on, my brother in law finally got up and told us he'd watch it later. :haha:

rockgremlin
11-27-2007, 01:32 PM
I am a rabid spelling snob.

You spelled "About" wrong --- unless you meant to sound like you were Canadian. :haha:

Iceaxe
11-27-2007, 01:44 PM
"We are Marshall"

That is a good movie.... I'll even admit to a little watering of the eyes while watching it....

Jaxx
11-27-2007, 01:46 PM
That is a good movie.... I'll even admit to a little watering of the eyes while watching it....

I refuse to believe this...

Iceaxe
11-27-2007, 01:58 PM
I refuse to believe this...

Tis true.... I also cried when they killed Ol' Yeller.....

But I was only 6...