PDA

View Full Version : K2 little bear shoeshoes?

Jaxx
11-12-2007, 03:11 PM
I was wondering if anyone had a good snowshoe for kids. I have been looking at the little bear by K2. They seem alright for the price. My little girls have never been before so I thought I would start out cheap and if they liked them we could upgrade.
I am finally getting my own pair for Christmas, MSR Denali Evo Ascents and thought I would like to get my little ladies into shooin too.

live2ride
11-12-2007, 07:57 PM
Great idea for the snowshoes, the kids will love them and it wont matter what they start with they will enjoy it. I started snowshoeing last year and took my little brothers and they have some Tubbs that are in the children size and they love them. What kind of snowshoeing do you plan on doing? (if it ever snows!)

Jaxx
11-13-2007, 02:58 PM
I will be taking the girls up behind our house on some foothills that are pretty tame and should be easy for them. I have only hiked up Provo canyon in the alpine loop area. I might try to get out and try some new trails that I got from this forum this year. Is that what you meant by what type?

live2ride
11-13-2007, 06:52 PM
I will be taking the girls up behind our house on some foothills that are pretty tame and should be easy for them. I have only hiked up Provo canyon in the alpine loop area. I might try to get out and try some new trails that I got from this forum this year. Is that what you meant by what type?

Yes that is exactly what I meant, there are some great places you can go with your snowshoes and it makes for a great workout. Once the snow arrives we will have to get some UUTAH snowshoeing groups together!

basilone0331
11-17-2007, 05:36 PM
I don't know where you've looked, but REI has some kids shoes. I couldn't tell you anything about them, I just noticed they carried them. I can't wait to go shoeing again, I'm hoping for lots of snow this year.

tallsteve
11-27-2007, 12:29 PM
As one who snowshoes nearly every Saturday during the winter, I'd check with Recreation Outlet. I just bought my MSR's from them and they were cheaper there than at REI. I also noticed child size snowshoes there. I shoe up AF Canyon on the same trails I bike the rest of the year. Give me a shout if you want to meet up.

Jaxx
11-27-2007, 02:50 PM
As one who snowshoes nearly every Saturday during the winter, I'd check with Recreation Outlet. I just bought my MSR's from them and they were cheaper there than at REI. I also noticed child size snowshoes there. I shoe up AF Canyon on the same trails I bike the rest of the year. Give me a shout if you want to meet up.

I don't know why I didn't think of them. I will have to check out rec. outlet. That is where my wife bought my christmas gift from. Actually it was one of the workers there. She got me the MSR Denali Evo Ascents. I am so pumped to use them. Thanks for the invite. A UUTAH snowshoe event would be awesome!

tallsteve
11-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Yeah, I buy allot from them because they are inexpensive AND they are located just around the corner from where my office is in American Fork. A couple of years ago when I bought my first pair of snowshoes, they didn't carry MSR's. That no-name pair broke last spring so I was excited to see they now carry them.