PDA

View Full Version : Cops hate camera

Iceaxe
11-06-2007, 05:02 PM
Why are cops always such assholes????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yqpo04cx28U

DaveOU812
11-06-2007, 06:19 PM
Always is such a strong word. I was never an asshole. In fact I think I set the record for least amount of tickets written. :haha:

Sombeech
11-06-2007, 09:31 PM
I was never an asshole.

Never is such a strong word. :lol8:

ExpUt
11-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Have any charges been filed against the officers? I doubt they will...

While they were a bit stronghanded, they have the responsibility to maintain public safety and control, he was asked to move out of a given area, he kept turning around and confronting the officer. Had he walked away as asked he wouldn't have been touched. I don't see a case??

A camera can be handy for catching a overzealous cop... but more than not it just proves the "victim" had it coming IMO.

Cirrus2000
11-06-2007, 10:56 PM
Hey, I'm a bleeding heart liberal, and yet I wonder WTF that guy kept resisting the officers for. You know, you can piss anyone off if you just defy them enough. Cops are human too - maybe they got a little rough, but absolutely nothing worth charging them for.

Idiot with camera attempting to foment a mini YouTube rebellion. Pffft - whatever, asshole. :bootyshake:

Iceaxe
11-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Always is such a strong word. I was never an asshole. In fact I think I set the record for least amount of tickets written. :haha:

I never considered a cop giving me a ticket to be an asshole. If I was in the wrong (speeding usually) and get caught I deserve the ticket, I might not like it, but I usually deserved it.

But I have had literally dozens of bad experiences with cops. I have had them bully, threaten and lie. I have had them conduct illegal searches. I have also seen them steal, probably the biggest thief I ever met in my life was a cop. That sucker used to rob the robbers of their ill gotten gains but never return the merchandise to where it belonged.

And "always" was certainly to strong of word, I have met a few good officers, but they are few and far between. For the most part I don't hold cops in high regards.

:popcorn: .

savanna3313
11-07-2007, 10:07 AM
Ok.....I have a "fun" story to share about the South Jordan police and Carmax - who I will bad mouth badly in just a minute.

Long story about how this came about, suffice to say that I have possession and am on title for my brother's car. I was planning to sell the car, but thought I would short cut the process and bring it in to Carmax to see what they would give me for it since they buy vehicles. I have all the proper documents including the title which has my name on it as the lien holder. The buyer for Carmax told me it would take approximately 30 minutes to get a price and we'd go from there.

They drove the car around to the shop and I wait.....and I wait....and I wait. The buyer kept coming out to me apologizing that they were just overly busy etc...etc.. FInally, I told him I wasn't waiting any longer (more than 2 hours had passed now) and he asks me to come into his office to discuss the price he has ready for me. I walk into his office and right behind me 2 S Jordan police walk in. I look at the Carmax buyer and I look at the police and I say "Yes? Can I help you with something?" Turns out there are a couple of "suspicious" parts on the car and the police think they "might" have come from a stolen car or cars. I have with me the bill of sale, title, plus a paper we had to sign at the dealership that we were buying the car "as is". The vehicle VIN numbers all match my paperwork. The "suspicious" parts came on this car that was purchased at a dealership back in June!! NO matter......the police treated me like I was a thief, and towed the car away to an impound place. I was going to have to wait until an investigator came out from the DMV and he would decide if the car had stolen parts on it or not.

This was on a Friday. The investigator didn't come out until the following Tuesday and gave a report that the car was clean and it was to be released back to me. When I went to pick up the car, I was handed a bill for $250 (cash only) to get the car out of impound. The impound place didn't care if I was innocent or not, they just wanted to be paid. $130 tow charge alone for a 3 mile tow. Damn - I'm in the wrong business!!! :frustrated: Of course, there are signs all around this impound place stating that they are NOT responsible for any items left in the car. Conveniently, there is no police report stating what items were in the vehicle at the time of tow, and I find the stereo was missing plus the car was totally taken apart on the inside. Panels removed, seats removed - a total mess.

All this because the Carmax buyer and the S Jordan police had a "suspicion"!!!!!! Doesn't seem quite fair now, does it?? The best was the buyer tells me before I leave Carmax on Friday that he knew I was an innocent party etc..etc and I turned to him and asked "Then why didn't you treat me that way?" It would be faster to tell you what I didn't say to this guy. :haha: He apologizes over and over and says "I'm sure sorry your first experience with Carmax turned out this way." :roll:
My first, you %#$&**#@* !!?? You mean MY LAST!

whew! Ok.....I vented. btw.....I'm not finished with the Carmax people....

:popcorn:

ExpUt
11-07-2007, 10:22 AM

Wow, that is BS. I would be on the phone with Carmax everyday... park your car blocking their drive with a sign.

What is the process for getting your money back? Does the police agency have some process? Seems they can't just stick you with a bill?

Tow companies are a giant scam... Cash only, handwritten receipt, bunch of crooks no doubt.

If I ever meet any of you in person, remind me to tell you about last summer when we proudly stuck it to a tow company!!! Writing it just wouldn't do it justice (plus I don't want it in ink ;))

wojo342
11-07-2007, 12:34 PM
[quote="Iceaxe"]Why are cops always such assholes????

Maybe because they deal with assholes every day. Can you imagine being a cop in New York City? I can't

Iceaxe
11-07-2007, 12:59 PM
Maybe because they deal with assholes every day.

This is what I consider the biggest problem with law enforcement.... I notice after a while nearly all cops develop a major "us against them" mentality..... where them is anyone who is not a cop.

Not saying I have a solution.... just noting the problem.

JP
11-07-2007, 02:05 PM
he kept turning around and confronting the officer. Had he walked away as asked he wouldn't have been touched. I don't see a case??

A camera can be handy for catching a overzealous cop... but more than not it just proves the "victim" had it coming IMO.

Idiot with camera attempting to foment a mini YouTube rebellion. Pffft - whatever, asshole. :bootyshake:

Maybe because they deal with assholes every day. Can you imagine being a cop in New York City? I can't
Those about sum it up. I wonder what the beginning of that tape showed :mrgreen:

Imagine not getting paid enough and the cops, out on Long Island, are in the six figures. :roll:

savanna3313
11-07-2007, 03:18 PM

What is the process for getting your money back? Does the police agency have some process? Seems they can't just stick you with a bill?

I'm not quite sure where I go from here. No one at S Jordan Police Dept seems to know what I should do although all those I talk with seem to agree that I shouldn't have been stuck with the bill. Seems I can't get my phone call returned from anyone with any authority at Carmax. Like I said before.......I'm not finished yet. :cool2:

Iceaxe
11-07-2007, 03:23 PM
First thing I would do is ask the police department how you go about filing a complaint against them.

:2thumbs:

savanna3313
11-07-2007, 03:28 PM
First thing I would do is ask the police department how you go about filing a complaint against them.

uh-huh, yeah - right. :haha:

Unless perhaps you have a contact there I could call? :ne_nau:

:haha:

JP
11-07-2007, 03:31 PM

Ahhh, hate them always, call them and ask for help when you need them :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

Maybe in the future those bad police will be able to have the info that shows them who are two-faced, that would be priceless. Science; it really hasn't let us down yet :haha:

Iceaxe
11-07-2007, 03:31 PM
I would walk in the front door of the police station and ask where I go to file a complaint against their officers.... I don't take kindly to this type of crap and will usually pursue it until I get satisfaction.... might be able to go after the money in small claims court, I don't know if that will fly because you basically have to have permission from the government before you can sue the government. Maybe file a small claims against the tow service, the police department and CarMax. I bet someone coughs up the money just to avoid the hassle.

Scott Card
11-07-2007, 04:24 PM
This is a clasic case with which to play the media card. I would make a little call to Carmax and the police and let them know that the media is going to be after them and that you will tell your true story to everyone and anyone that will listen..... or they can just give you $1000 each for the trouble. I must say, you have me nervous for a purchase I am about to make. My wife has a car waiting for her at Carmax. I wonder if I can get a better deal with this new found information :lol8:

Scott Card
11-07-2007, 04:33 PM
One other thing, to make this work you must be willing to follow through. I am not a fan of threats. I prefer promises. :nod: I remember a bad experience I had with Christensen Dodge in Provo (they are no longer in business) I told them if they continued to perpetuate the bait and switch deal they had just done to me I would contact any one that I could think of and let them know my true story. Needless to say I didn't buy the car. At the time, Lavell Edwards was advertising on KSL for them. I wrote a letter to Lavell, KSL, Dodge Headquarters, Dodge regional office, the dealership and about 5 other people/businesses that were associated with Christensen Dodge. I also proceeded to tell everyone and anyone about the scam they tried to pull on me. I did feel better after all was said and done and after I got to talk in person with three different Dodge big wigs. Honestly I am a pretty mellow fellow, but I do have my moments. :haha:

JP
11-07-2007, 04:40 PM
I would walk in the front door of the police station and ask where I go to file a complaint against their officers.....
For them following up on a complaint? What did Carmax show them, VIN's that didn't match? Partials that didn't? Tampered VIN's? Any of those could lead to the car being seized. I think the first thing ya do is walk into the Police Station with the date and time this happened and ask for a report. Some kind of documentation had to happen, especially since they went through the car a day or two later. I'm not talking about the one the Investigator signed off on, I'm talking the one where Carmax made the initial complaint that day it was towed from there.

I like the idea of the local news media as well Scott. The last thing Carmax wants is bad press.

savanna3313
11-08-2007, 12:02 AM
I would walk in the front door of the police station and ask where I go to file a complaint against their officers.....
For them following up on a complaint? What did Carmax show them, VIN's that didn't match? Partials that didn't? Tampered VIN's? Any of those could lead to the car being seized. I think the first thing ya do is walk into the Police Station with the date and time this happened and ask for a report. Some kind of documentation had to happen, especially since they went through the car a day or two later. I'm not talking about the one the Investigator signed off on, I'm talking the one where Carmax made the initial complaint that day it was towed from there.

I like the idea of the local news media as well Scott. The last thing Carmax wants is bad press.

Everything was in order. VIN numbers all matched. Bill of sale and Title in hand (the car is paid for). There was only a "suspicion" because some of the car parts weren't the original parts for a 2004. I also had a document we signed from the dealership that the car was being bought "as is". I suspected the car had already been involved in an accident and told my brother this when he bought it. No matter......he still wanted it and the car was purchased back in June.

It's the fact that I was treated like a criminal right from the beginning by all parties concerned. I've never even had a traffic ticket since coming to Utah! The Carmax buyer should've come to me right from the get go and let me know of the "suspicious" parts and I would've provided all the necessary documents. He didn't do so.....he just called the police in and it went from there. Not very good in the customer service dept if you ask me....... :nono:

Oh well........this is just one of those weird things that seem to happen to me. We have an expression in my family: We don't have Murphy's Law - that's just the norm. We have what we call "Beyond Murphy". :haha:

cachehiker
11-08-2007, 07:51 AM
This is something that would have me in touch with what qualifies as "my attorney" who is fortunately one of my riding partners. He's pretty cool about a single concise answer if I phrase my single question in a similarly concise manner. I would at least end up knowing what sort of cost would be involved with filing whatever sort of damage claim would be associated with an unreasonable search and seizure. It would be worth a hundred or so clams to be complete pain in THEIR ass.