PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong?

LOAH
11-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I just can't help but notice how dead this fishing forum is. It's depressing. This is a pretty cool site with fun people, but doesn't anyone give a damn about fishing here?

I try to get my "fix" from reading Sombeech's funny this or that threads, but I'm not feeling the love in the fishing world here.

What's wrong? Vegetarians?

No offense guys, I like the site. It's just pathetic how little play the fishing forum gets. :lame: :compthrow: :fishing:

fourtycal
11-02-2007, 07:16 AM
We need to recruit more fishermen to the site so we can all have more reports which will motivate us to go fishing and post more fishing reports :2thumbs:

Ice fishing is just around the corner and I am stoked!

orvis1
11-02-2007, 08:49 AM
I agree, like reading the general forum but this site is almost as dead as bullocks fishing site.... Are LOAH and I the only fisherman here that get out?

packfish
11-02-2007, 09:35 AM
I fly fish as much as anyone I have ever known but this really is not a fishing forum site. I came to it because I got into packing with goats and thought I could learn backpacking ideas and gear along with areas to do this from the knowledgable people on this site and cut the learning curve.

waltny
11-02-2007, 04:44 PM
IM still here, I just havent gotten out as much as I NEED to...
I know a few of us from the other forums are on here and I post my reports on the 3 fishing boards I belong to.

icthys
11-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Plenty of fishing happening here.

I just never take a cam with me, and if I do, I'm lucky to get one picture.

And threads are worthless without pics.

Reedus
11-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Avid dry fly fisherman here. Heaed out tomorrow to hit the river. I promise pics when i get back

chickenlicken
11-04-2007, 10:14 AM
Plenty of fishing happening here.

I just never take a cam with me, and if I do, I'm lucky to get one picture.

And threads are worthless without pics.

X2

Reedus
11-04-2007, 08:15 PM
CRIPES!!! Drove 3 hours to my favorite secluded stretch of pristine fly fishing river up in the Manti LaSal and forgot to consider altitude into the equation. The entire river was coated with a 1/4 inch of ice despite the fact the the temperature was in the low 40's

LOAH
11-04-2007, 08:26 PM
OUCH! That's a slap in the face, isn't it?

Was that part of Huntington Cr?

That's crazy that running water was caked over like that. What elevation were you at? (Approx.)

Reedus
11-05-2007, 05:22 AM
I was in the Ferron Creek drainage at approximately 9000 feet. The water wasn't frozen at all where it was moving, but where I fish, the water is backed up by dozens of beaver dams that provide deep pools and really slow moving water. The beaver ponds were all frozen. You could see the fish milling around below the ice. Looks like a long wait until the spring thaw to hit it again.

LOAH
11-05-2007, 06:36 AM
My condolences.

packfish
11-05-2007, 10:21 AM
No Paradise is where I live . (0: 84328

I fished at 6,700' Sat and there was ice on the beaver ponds- so clear that I could land a parachute Adams on the ice and the cutts would come up and bump their heads trying to take it.

Wild One
11-20-2007, 02:13 PM
I'd agree that this isn't the most active fishing forum, but what do you expect with a forum that is more geared towards the climbing world?

I used to post here all the time (and on the UDWR site under the same handle) but since moving out of the homeland, I mostly just lurk here and then cry myself to sleep every night. :frustrated:

If it makes you guys feel any better, I really appreciate all of your pics and TR's. There are 2 total trout fisheries in this crappy state I now live in. Your posts and TR's help to ease the pain a bit. (If you want an awesome fly fishing forum, PM me and I'll send you the link.)