PDA

View Full Version : yamaha ttr 250??

mattl
10-28-2007, 12:29 AM
So.. are these any good?

The one I am looking at is a 250 and is about 8 years old.

Where is the best place to get a turn signal kit for these?
Anything i should be on the look out for/aware of?

TIA

accadacca
10-28-2007, 07:42 PM
These guys have pretty good kits if you want to do it yourself: http://www.trickdualsport.com I know that plaza cycle does them locally.

I am not a big fan of the TTR, but different strokes for different folks. It might be the perfect bike for you. I prefer the orange bikes, but they come with a much larger price tag. Is this a first bike? How long have you been riding and what will you use the bike for? Mostly road? Mostly street? A combination? :popcorn:

Reedus
10-29-2007, 08:46 AM
The TT-R is the underpowered version of the WR. It is a beginner bike. If I were you, look for a used WR 250 instead. At least compare the two before you take the plunge. As for Acca's advice, :nono: KTMS or overpriced and expensive to maintain. Good luck finding someone to work on them too.

mattl
10-29-2007, 05:25 PM
This would be a dual role bike. I would like to be able to go check out some west desert stuff but not limited to needing a vehicle to get my bike there.
Entry off road. mid level road rider.
thanks for the advise.

accadacca
10-30-2007, 09:08 AM
Or the WR 450! :idea:

Reedus
10-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Personally own the WR 450 and for technical trail riding it is awesome, but only becasue I cheat and use a Rekluse auto clutch. Not sure how i would stack up if I had to clutch it up the rocky stuff. Ever tried an auto/slipper clutch Acca? I personally would never go back now that I have tried one

accadacca
10-31-2007, 04:57 PM
Nah, I have not tried those auto clutch jobs. I have heard about 'em.