PDA

View Full Version : Nutty Putty Cave closed

caverspencer
10-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Nutty Putty Cave is temporarily closed.

Dont worry this will be a good thing. The management plan is being re-written and in the end getting access to the cave will be easier.

Until the new management plan is written and approved we are urging you to stay away from the cave. This is very important that you respect this closure. This is a very delicate situation and if the State Trust finds that anyone has violated this temporary closure filling in the entrance with concrete is very real possibility.

scoutabout
10-25-2007, 02:03 PM
Who's management plan is being revised? Who made the closure decision?

jumar
10-25-2007, 02:14 PM
State of Utah School & Institutional Trust Lands Administration (SITLA) is who owns the land, and they've at times wanted to permanently close the cave. The local grotto has been trying to ensure that there is access to the cave.

millsclimber
02-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Have there been any further developments here? Although I prefer other caves over this one, I've been in it so many different times I'd be interested to know.

jumar
02-17-2008, 03:47 PM
I haven't been to a grotto meeting in a long time, and haven't heard anything. I'll have to see whta I can find out.

sportsman
04-22-2008, 12:30 PM
any new information on this? or still in a holding pattern?

jumar
04-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Last I heard they're still working on a management plan, so for the time being I don't think they're letting anyone in.

DiscGo
04-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Nutty Putty is the first cave in which I ever entered. I totally cried in the birth canal and did not even make it to the worm hole.

I was 11, and have come a long way since then.

(That was also one of the first days I heard any of my friends swear. My friend's Dad got stuck at the exit for about 3 minutes, and those where located behind him were not happy).